50 foreigners arrested in weekly crackdowns

rooster59

I think the Nation must love him he's on the Nation TV just about everyday.
50 arrests in 87 areas. How many cops and man hours were involved? 87? 870?
Why Photos of just 1 guy did he arrest them all alone?
Apart from the catch on display of course.

• Like 2

So they should just remain in the squalor poverty and filth where they come from? " ba....tards" empathy for your fellow humans is commendable :shock1:
Canada and America and all of Europe do not have a policy against illegals, have you not noticed they encourage them, ever bothered to think why?

Uh? Do not have a policy against illegals ? Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When they catch these people from the crap hole countries, what do they do with them?

Every which way it`s going to cost the government money. Putting them in detention centres, sending them to jail or deporting them. They don`t qualify to go to other countries and no one wants them, so I guess Thailand is stuck with the problem.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Laws need to be enforced, but Thailand only seems to enforce very few of them.  This looks more like a shakedown than anything admirable.  Countless Thais die on Thailand's roads everyday.   This is where enforcement is needed. 

Traffic police, Tourist police - see the difference? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Thailand does not benefit from having such people here as it's not as if they are contributing, paying tax, bringing money in from outside the country etc. etc. etc.

Not got your facts right i'm afraid.

There is actually a thriving economy based on employing illegal workers. You surely remember the crackdown not long ago where legal changes meant undocumented workers began travelling home in anticipation of the new tougher law? Once people realised the negative effect this had on industry, the authorities started back pedalling on their new regulations as they wanted the illegal workers to stay.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

If you chose to do something illegal you become a criminal.

And Thais break the law all the time. In fact, they have such a relaxed attitude to the law, most of them are probably "criminals". How can you bear to be in Thailand?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taipan1949 said:

Good job Thai Police. Throw the ba....tards in jail and after a year or so deport them. Somebody in this world has to stand strong against illegals in their countries. Canada and America and all of Europe are not doing it.

Yes, but when will they try to tackle the corruption that facilitates entry in the first place?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markaoffy said:

Criminals Some folk actually believe in no borders across the world with regard freedom of Movement! Yes I’ve met them! The ultimate in liberal thinking !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, Free movement of people is really bad... evil...  They should have never allowed it in the United States where since the union they have allowed people to move freely across state borders... they should be more like China that requires appropriate documentation before you can move to larger cities etc.   Everyone should be required to have travel documents regardless, and you should be checked for no reason other than you look like a malcontent.  

I guess that makes me a conservative libertarian libtard then.  Although I do believe in enforcing the laws on the book and deporting people that enter illegally and requiring employers to check to make sure an individual has permission to work in the country (and having severe punishments for those that do not do this - the employers).  I also believe in a liberal immigration policy that has no problem with high immigration levels and a rather liberal approach to work permits (if an employer is willing to pay more than the market rate for a foreign employee - I think that is a good indicator that they are worthy of a work permit).  

I have worked in 4 different countries, applied for work permits to bring a team of about 10 people to work in the UK from the US.   Those countries that have become empires have always drawn people from afar to the center of the empire -- and usually, it just makes the empire stronger since you get the benefit of the best and the brightest from around the world.  Empire countries are where the money is, and people are drawn to the money.  About 1/3 of PhD students in the United States are foreigners.  

In fact, many people who are expats in Thailand (on whatever visa) have taken advantage of rather "liberal" policy to allow many people to reside here -- including many retirees.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No. 

From a UN website:

"Article 3, paragraph (a) of the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons defines Trafficking in Persons as the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of the threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person, for the purpose of exploitation."

Sounds like there needs to be more than just housing them. If they were part of the process and benefited and exploited them then maybe. If they were just helping them out or allowing them to stay with them, then no.

As always, the devil is in the detail.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

From a UN website:

"Article 3, paragraph (a) of the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons defines Trafficking in Persons as the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of the threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person, for the purpose of exploitation."

Sounds like there needs to be more than just housing them. If they were part of the process and benefited and exploited them then maybe. If they were just helping them out or allowing them to stay with them, then no.

As always, the devil is in the detail.

Not really as traffickers are on both ends of the journey undertaken by those trafficked.

That includes those “sheltering” the trafficked at their destination. 

That would be the “harbouring” or even, indeed, “receipt” parts of your quote. 

The devil is indeed in the detail. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1