Dear Sir/madam: Sorry..... we don't accept ladyboys

webfact

Just now, Just Weird said:

Of course they know who they are, we all know who we are, it's what they are that is the subject.

Katoeys want everyone to pretend, just like they do, that they are women, that they are something that they are not.  They are not women, they are men, and if they cannot fit into a normal society because of their own choice to be abnormal, and their own pretence, that is no one's fault but their own and they should learn to live with it.

Again, I do not agree with any of the sentiments you post here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

No, they weren't facts.

They were quite nasty "sentiments"...

Here's what I said...

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Katoeys want everyone to pretend, just like they do, that they are women, that they are something that they are not.  They are not women, they are men, and if they cannot fit into a normal society because of their own choice to be abnormal, and their own pretence, that is no one's fault but their own and they should learn to live with it.

Specifically, what parts of that are not factual?

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Transgender men in USA have a 40% suicide rate. They are not very stable individuals. And liberals say that if a straight man will not date a transgender, then he is a transphobe. Peoplecare crazy. Thailand accepts them as a part of society, but they really aren't normal people. And in Thailand, a high percentage of them are violent. It's best to stay away from them altogether. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Ladyboys don't 'know themselves to be women' because they aren't, unless they have lost all contact with reality, they just have to look at their junk or the bills for removing it. They want to be, I want a lot of things as well, I feel as if I'm 30, just ignore my birth certificate. I would feel so upset if a firm said sorry we don't employ 70 year olds, how dare they, deep inside I'm 30, respect that.

If you'd like to read on in this thread, I say age discrimination is also wrong.

If someone can do the job and have the best qualifications, then that is what matters.

As for what transgender people know themselves to be, they know who they are better than you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If you'd like to read on in this thread, I say age discrimination is also wrong.

If someone can do the job and have the best qualifications, then that is what matters.

As for what transgender people know themselves to be, they know who they are better than you.

They think they know who they are but they aren't fooling anyone else.

• Like 1

Just now, soalbundy said:

They think they know who they are but they aren't fooling anyone else.

Transgender men and women know who they are and that's the way it is.

You may not like the fact, but that's not their problem.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

So it´s better to lie, than to tell the truth? 

It's better to be polite then to openly discriminate...for sure!

I bet, this lady has enough problems to fight with, she doesn't need to be told "we despise, who you are, that's why we don't give you a job!"

Overall...it would be better not to discriminate!

• Like 1

Have other people had a similar experience in your life to this Thai person, where you were rejected for a public accommodation, to purchase goods or services, employment, etc. and explicitly TOLD the reason was based on discrimination only based of your identity status as company policy?

I have. 

It's radicalizing. 

In my case, there was no legal recourse. 

There should be in all countries for all such unfair discrimination.

But the point of generally not being told the reason is definitely true. 

So laws don't actually change all that much. 

But better than nothing. It gives a message to the society what the ideals are. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

A: I agree that people are born as who they are. I just don't share your extremely narrow vision of what this means.

B: No one is born a criminal. That is what they are, not who.

C : A child molester is a criminal scum bag. Not the same thing at all. It is disgusting that you try to link such filth to this story.

D : Someones sexual orientation or gender does not make them unsuitable for a job. That is discrimination.

E :  What you post does not in any way undermine what I said.

Someones "gender" does make them unsuitable for many jobs.  If your sex is male but you think someone attached the wrong bits and your gender should be female you have some mental health problems (like those who think they are Jesus, Napoleon or a gorilla).  I think that an employer should have the right to decide if they want an employee with mental issues.

In fact the situation with the child molester would be exactly the same as they have similar identity/mental issues although obviously if they act on them the results are much more horrific.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1