Dear Sir/madam: Sorry..... we don't accept ladyboys

webfact

7 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

If you're not a "tranny", how do you know that? Let me answer that for you: you don't. The knuckle-dragging, Neanderthal expat community is alive and well on TV. But when you look at a lot of the make expat community in Thailand, what do you really expect? Living proof that travel doesn't necessarily broaden the mind. 

Those comments are ageist and bigoted. You are what you codemn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

You are denying biology. 

Ni I'm not, you are. To date, there is no evidence to suggest that gender identity is post-natal. What we do have is millions of people saying they feel as though they are (or were) trapped in the "wrong body" to the point where it was so unbearable they had to do something about it. I respect that decision, and do not view it as a "masquerade" as you cheaply suggest. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

IMO, if I own a company/business, I have a right to employ or not employ whoever I want for whatever reason.

It is my money that has paid for the business and pays the salaries of my staff and if I have the opinion that

a certain type of person would not be a "good fit" for my business then I would not employ them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

"child molesters live on the fringes of society"

Really, that's how low you sink to defend your view?

Child molesters are filth and scum.

Discrimination because a person is a transgender woman is wrong.

Definition of woman. 

A person that produces ova or eggs. 

He's not a woman. 

He's a transgender man. 

I refuse to buy into the madness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stephen tracy said:

Ni I'm not, you are. To date, there is no evidence to suggest that gender identity is post-natal. What we do have is millions of people saying they feel as though they are (or were) trapped in the "wrong body" to the point where it was so unbearable they had to do something about it. I respect that decision, and do not view it as a "masquerade" as you cheaply suggest. 

Well I feel like robbing a bank sometimes but don't do it. I feel like punching idiots on the road but don't do it.

• Like 1

You're aware that gay men and people that undergo gender re-assignment surgery are not the same thing? I guess not. 

2 types of gays. A male is a male.

Stop pretending otherwise.

• Like 1

Just now, stephen tracy said:

I guess you're right. I have no tolerance for ignorance. So perhaps you could call me a bigot because I hate bigots?  I wonder if there's a noun in the English language for that?

I'm right. You're ageist and can't accept biological facts.

All you do is insult people who point out facts.

Just now, stephen tracy said:

"2 types of gays".... I really hope you don't have the ability to reproduce, and if you do, I pity your children. 

Yet again you resort to insults. So much for "character".

Yours is on display.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Justfine said:

I'm right. You're ageist and can't accept biological facts.

All you do is insult people who point out facts.

When you eventually point out a fact, I'll free to insult you. Just out of curiosity, how can I possibly be ageist? You mean I don't like young people? Or is that another one of your "facts"? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justfine said:
5 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Yet again you resort to insults. So much for "character".

Yours is on display.

It's a terrible inconvenience being born with an intolerance to stupidity. But like transgender people, I was born that way. It's not a choice. 

When you eventually point out a fact, I'll free to insult you. Just out of curiosity, how can I possibly be ageist? You mean I don't like young people? Or is that another one of your "facts"? 

Ignoring biological facts doesn't change anything.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Definition of woman. 

A person that produces ova or eggs. 

He's not a woman. 

He's a transgender man. 

I refuse to buy into the madness. 

No. 

She is a transgender woman. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I guess you not met the right employer yet.

The one I am with is good enough for me. 

Certainly pay well enough and recognise the work I do. 

Edited by Bluespunk

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

Yes it is. It's about image and appearances.

I know someone who took a job at Mc Donalds and went to start his first day.. they then noticed tattoos on his forearms and said he couldn't work there. So you are indeed correct. I think an employer should have the right to choose his staff according to their image and appearance.

From the U.S. McOpCo Policies:

"In general, tattoos and body markings should not be visible to our customers."

Just now, foxboy said:

I know someone who took a job at Mc Donalds and went to start his first day.. they then noticed tattoos on his forearms and said he couldn't work there. So you are indeed correct. I think an employer should have the right to choose his staff according to their image and appearance.

From the U.S. McOpCo Policies:

"In general, tattoos and body markings should not be visible to our customers."

Even customers get rejected in some bars. They don't want a trashy image. Fair enough.

Likewise a tattoo shop only hire highly tattoed people. They aren't hiring nuns.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Rather silly of them to give this as a reason. It's easy enough to say "someone more qualified got the job". 

In my case, I've had a lot of gay employees - male and female, never had an LB come to interview. I never had a problem with gay staff but I did have a problem with the other staff making fun of them, which I didn't stand for.

At the end of the day (and as an employer), I would certainly think twice - but the decision would come down their personality - just like any other employee.

Perhaps the best example of sexuality impacting the workplace is Starbucks with it's high percentage of overtly gay/lb employees. There's 2 Starbucks in particular that I visit where the gay staff act out all the time. At both establishments, the gay staff will flirt with male customers. As a straight man, I find it unprofessional and tiresome. Leave it at home. It's not cute, it's pathetic. I don't care what your sexuality is, so keep it to yourself.

With ladyboys - we know a lot of them act out in similar ways. You'd not see this in the interview, so yes, the easiest thing might be to give the job to someone that doesn't have that risk attached.

I would boycott any Starbucks that went out of its way to employ gays on the basis that its unfair to the rest of the population who might need a job

If there is more than 10%  gay people working there, they can forget it

• Haha 1