Vietnamese thieves and pickpockets blamed for damaging Thai tourism

snoop1130

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GTL7BJPXxo0R3XeAWz.jpg

Thai Rath columnist Plueng Payak wrote about the arrest of two female Vietnamese slash thieves and pickpockets who were nabbed in operations led by crime buster "Big Joke" Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal.

The columnist said that the Vietnamese were arrested in front of Yim Yim Place in Din Daeng.

They were named as Ngian Tee Hoei, 56, and Lei Tee Tu Hian, 34. 

They targeted tourists at sites in Bangkok because visitors to Thailand were less likely to report theft and would go home before they could press charges. 

Hian did the stealing and Hoei did the fencing and provided accommodation to the gang.

The names are likely to be false. Both women had been arrested before but simply went back home to Vietnam and changed their names and returned to continue their thieving ways. 

Pleung Payak said their actions were damaging for Thai tourism as the victims of such crime would post negative things about Thailand on social media and cause the country's image to be tarnished. 

Maj Gen Surachet has blamed gangs from several neighboring countries for preying on tourists in Thailand.

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1310787

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-6-19
  • Haha 1

Thainess as always: blame others!

Just look the robbing and stealing of thais to tourists, the rip off on tourists by thais ..and that happens every day under the control of the thai police!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

'Big Joke' needs to stuck into his own country's perpetrators of every Tourist Scam ever imagined and thought up by the 'Innovative' idea's of his own countrymen.   I've been to more than 100 countries and can say without doubt that Thai's are some of the worst thieves and scammers on the Planet. 

While he's at it he perhaps he would like to instill some shame into them too about the way they trash their own country in every way possible for a Human Being to do so !

Edited by trainman34014
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the victims of such crime would post negative things about Thailand on social media and cause the country's image to be tarnished. 

I hope TAT reads this article. The country's image is already very tarnished.

Are these Vietnamese 'WORSE' than Thai 'lady-boys' and Thai Taxi drivers (some of them) or JET-SKI operators????????? Or maybe even an un-nerving number of Thai Cops??????(just to mention a few --- LOL)

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 6:23 PM, snoop1130 said:

Is it a job reserved for Thais? I have had several things stolen from me in Thailand over the years. In some cases it was proven by the tourist police that the perpetrator (was) Thai, in other incidents I either know, or strongly suspect that the perpetrators were Thai. Not once, in 20 years, (most probably) have I had things stolen from me by foreign thieves.