Thais lash back after rights bodies call execution shameful

webfact

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

First none of these people are victims. They all were aware of the repercussions for their act and chose to do it anyway.

This site practices the death penalty or capital punishment  on a daily basis. Read the comments about pedo and Serious drug offenses.

UNHCR condemns Thailand for 1 death but has countries that have mass genocide on it. 

THE US just pulled out of it due to the corruption in the UN

I am talking about the persons violated not the criminals !

56 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Of course there have been some tragic miscarriages of justice. Not only those later proven innocent like Timothy West

I guess you mean Timothy Evans if talking about the Christie murders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baboon said:

...with the proviso that anyone connected to the case in the event of a wrongful conviction's lives would also be forefit. Fair's fair... 

I agree with that entirely. Everyone [police, judges, prosecutors, jury, forensic scientists, lab technicians, warders, etc] involved in the wrong execution of an innocent person shall be put to death. No trials, no appeals allowed. This would ensure that everyone does their job/duty properly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, newatthis said:

I agree with that entirely. Everyone [police, judges, prosecutors, jury, forensic scientists, lab technicians, warders, etc] involved in the wrong execution of an innocent person shall be put to death. No trials, no appeals allowed. This would ensure that everyone does their job/duty properly.

...and let's see how many death sentences are handed out versus (lengthy) prison terms...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upu2 said:

A good treatment for them is to have them hold their breath for an hour or two. As for being animals we are not I agree. They dont kill because they have someone look at them or dont like the way they dress. We are inferior to animals in the way we act

On that, at least we seem to be agreed. Perhaps not for the same reason, but hey, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chama said:

All good strong points, but it is hard to fault those who support the death penalty for habitual offenders that have shown a propensity to commit murder. Somehow they seem to be released back into the general population and suddenly they have committed an even more horrific crime. Once the execution takes place it is fairly certain that individuals personal crime spree has ended.

Accepting that it wasn't your post,

'If a society wants to have Capital Punishment, it is their right. '

Why is it their right? If people want to behave like animals, why should they have the right to do so?

'Somehow they seem to be released back into the general population"

Why? Why are people deemed a danger to society released back into the population? On whose say-so? If legislation says so then legislation is faulty. If legislation is faulty, then change it. Non-sequitur argument.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

You have to break the egg first. I don't have to commit murder to know that those that do are often rotten.

'So you don't like one solution favored by many but also have no opinion as to any alternative."

Not expressing is not the same as not having. Also, I don't quite like the implication in the comment that 'the rightness of an opinion is a function of how many people share it'. I will always have my own opinion and will not feel obliged to have an opinion so I can be a member of whatever crowd is in vogue at the time. I have criticised people in these pages for having opinions based on their fashionability, I won't knowingly fall into the same tarpit.

'You have to break the egg first.'  Fallacious argument. Non-sequitur. Ignored.

• Like 1

I'm thinking of the 17-year old kid that was stabbed 24 times in front his girlfriend – a shameful murderer that had already snatched the victim's cellphone, but continued stabbing him – they should rather express sympathy for the victim and the victim's family.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I'm thinking of the 17-year old kid that was stabbed 24 times in front his girlfriend – a shameful murderer that had already snatched the victim's cellphone, but continued stabbing him – they should rather express sympathy for the victim and the victim's family.

Of course - you're quite right. But the answer is not to become an animal and engage in blood-lust revenge. The answer is not that - unless of course one is an animal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

"I am against the death penalty for every crime other than noisy exhaust pipes".:cheesy:

I agree only partially since as a humanist and a reasonable man, for the noisy exhaust pipes I was only for life imprisonment without parole.

For the following, I agree 100%.

Sorry, but no. It must be the gibbet...

18 minutes ago, baboon said:

Sorry, but no. It must be the gibbet...

To be completely honest with you I have to say that my hearing is down a little which could explain my leniency ...

... but being not stubborn OK for the gallows! 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TumblinDice said:

Thailand. What a joke. They'll execute a convict but they won't euthanize a sick, injured animal.

Yes they will. Couple of years ago my dog spent 3 days in the vets due to illness. I asked the vet to put him to sleep as I could not see him suffer and he agreed. 

6 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Only the most backwards of countries have the death penalty. Just look at the top five countries that carry out the most executions and they mostly prove my point. 

USA and Singapore still carry them out? Where are you from and how do they deal with murderers, drug dealers, rapist and the other scum? 

Edited by Tongjaw
Spelling

Amnesty can go take a RUNNING JUMP from a great height !

This disgusting lump of Puke, stabbed his 17 year old victim repeatedly and stole his mobile phone.

WHY should THAILAND have to keep the scumbag alive in Prison ? He was a Waste of Space, so bring it on, rid the country of others like him and ask the “Bleeding Hearts,” if they’d feel so FORGIVING if the victim had been  their Son or Brother ?

Edited by Torrens54
Typo corrections
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, HHTel said:

Appears his own family were only informed after the event.

Quite fitting actually, given the fact that his victims family only heard their loved one was brutally murdered after the sadist killed them. His victim died in pure agony and terror, this pathetic piece of excrement was sedated before his heart was stopped not left to bleed out on a filthy road. I would have loved to have informed his family by handing over the bill for the chemical used to end his life. 

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Why? Is there any evidence they were complicit in the crime? If not, why hound them?

If you knew anything about the crime and trial you would know the family of the murderer constantly claimed their son was a good boy, never a troublesome person. They never once in what I read or heard showed or voiced any remorse regarding their sons actions. So in my opinion which I am free to voice, let the SOB rot in hell. My sympathies lie with the victims parents, friend and families. If it was one of my family who was brutally murders I would have volunteered to pull the switch to start the execution. You probably don’t agree with my opinion so please refrain from commenting on this and starting a dialogue of who’s opinion is right. Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one but usually they are best kept hidden and private. 

Edited by Tongjaw
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

USA and Singapore still carry them out? Where are you from and how do they deal with murderers, drug dealers, rapist and the other scum? 

USA and Singapore still carrying them out, yes. America also bombs for peace and thinks that everyone needs guns to protect themselves from others with guns yet still they have monthly mass killings in schools. Singapore canes youngsters for vandalism or taking drugs. Neither country is an ideal role model. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

USA and Singapore still carrying them out, yes. America also bombs for peace and thinks that everyone needs guns to protect themselves from others with guns yet still they have monthly mass killings in schools. Singapore canes youngsters for vandalism or taking drugs. Neither country is an ideal role model. 

Which country is a role model out of interest?

• Thanks 1

This is a meaningless debate  Damaged people kill They are not born with this hatred  Start focusing on teaching appropriate parenting skills and people will grow up with a higher moral ground

Like most countries parenting I observe here is not too a high standard in many cases

7 minutes ago, JGV said:

This is a meaningless debate  Damaged people kill They are not born with this hatred  Start focusing on teaching appropriate parenting skills and people will grow up with a higher moral ground

Like most countries parenting I observe here is not too a high standard in many cases

Strange that his sisters seem to have turned out alright. 

4 hours ago, Torrens54 said:

Amnesty can go take a RUNNING JUMP from a great height !

This disgusting lump of Puke, stabbed his 17 year old victim repeatedly and stole his mobile phone.

WHY should THAILAND have to keep the scumbag alive in Prison ? He was a Waste of Space, so bring it on, rid the country of others like him and ask the “Bleeding Hearts,” if they’d feel so FORGIVING if the victim had been  their Son or Brother ?

After that tirade, I question whether you won't end up on the gallows too!

• Confused 1