Renewal of Driving License

fgmr

When I last renewed my 5 year driving license I was required to produce once again a letter from the local Immigration Office, a Medical Certificate, House Book and do all the examination and test again. Would someone who really knows the rules please advise as my current licenses for both car and motorbike expire this month.

22 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Depends on your DLT, but officially required: medical, COR, about 1 hour video and reaction, colour and depth perception tests required.

I just did it in DLT opposite Suk. soi 62 BKK, both motorcycle and car, get there like 7.30 in the morning and get a queue number, you need copies of visa and entry  stamps, no medical certificate was asked from me, COR form your embassy,

430 baht, and lots and lots of patience,  you will do the eye  test, response test, a boring and ridiculous one hour video in a locked room, and from there a long queue to print your licence...

1 hour ago, fgmr said:

When I last renewed my 5 year driving license I was required to do all the examination and test again

I find that hard to believe if you did then you won't have to again except for a few easy in office tests as stated already.