WATCH: This video reveals one of the reasons why so many people die on Thailand's roads

webfact

Gosh Ive learnt so much from this  video!! Im also gonna  remove the blindfold I normally wear...but only when Im steering, from now on

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Another triumph for law enforcement in Thailand.

Here's a good exercise. In our village, there is a 'Police Box. adjacent to the main set of traffic lights.

Past the police box (every day) is a procession of driders without helmets, 3 or more on a m/c, phone-fiddlers while driving, red-light runners, and an estimated 80% without legal licenses to drive.

Nary a policeman to be found. Law enforcement (apparently) is not what they do.

probably difficult for them to sleep well at  junction with all that annoying activity as well

• Like 1

I see them all the time in Bkk riding/driving whilst on the phone, not paying attention to anything or anyone,  extremely dangerous needless to say..??‍♂️

Whats wrong in these people’s head and why doesn’t the police stop them ?! I’m guessing there’s no money to be made out of the Thais ?! What about the rich Thais and there’s tons of them around showing off their cars and or their motorcycle not having a clue on how to drive/ride responsibly ! Lastly, regardless of the fines why doesn’t the police enforce their sort of traffic laws?! I keep wondering if they even have any laws that applies to Thai people ?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Here's a good exercise. In our village, there is a 'Police Box. adjacent to the main set of traffic lights.

Past the police box (every day) is a procession of driders without helmets, 3 or more on a m/c, phone-fiddlers while driving, red-light runners, and an estimated 80% without legal licenses to drive.

That raises the question who gave up first? The "law enforcer" or those who obey the laws?

56 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Their too busy earning money from the schools directing traffic into and out of schools, then its back to the office for a nap, then later on to the Karaoke bars they own, or so I am led to believe.

I never see cops on the road, only mornings and afternoons directing traffic in and out of schools, and the drivers, riders speeding, no helmets, just get waved on, as if to say, keep going....it is what it is, money before lives in Thailand, the free country, "up to you"

Edited by 4MyEgo