British Prime Minister Theresa May presses PM Prayut on free and open elections

webfact

I do not understand. Why are you asking me to give up the multi billion dollar franchise? Just when we are getting really comfortable, and beefing up our accounts to truly despot levels. Is democracy really all that necessary? We have been successful in delaying elections for many years now. My real name is Little Delay Man Prayuth. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, captspectre said:

may should look to her own country which she has ruined! the once great britian is now a shadow of itself, overrun with muslims who WILL take over the country without firing a shot! look at london!

Good post, except for one thing, Britain was never great, what about their dreadful history?

They did rule over two thirds of the world only a hundred years ago.

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Britain telling Thailand to hold "free and open elections" while at the same time they offer asylum to wanted criminals that used their wealth to buy elections in the past.

Uh huh.

May is wearing 6ins heels.:cheesy: and Prayut is doing his Tom Jones and Rod Stewart with his 4ins heels.:cheesy::cheesy:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, peperobi said:

No, the former PM quite because of the Brexit and she took it over. 

David Cameron, the former PM. None of the electorate voted for him to be prime minister either.

He was elected as an MP, same as Theresa May. It was a party decision to choose who would be PM, both with May and Cameron alike.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

One hand for shaking the other for reality activities like planning delays to elections. This guy is so predictable. May and other leaders should not be facilitating trade delegations for collaboration with depots like Prayut.

A "despot" who can't even enforce taxis using their meters or not refusing fares and the price of lottery tickets.

Hardly going to be rivaling the likes of Attila the Hun and Stalin !

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Good post, except for one thing, Britain was never great, what about their dreadful history?

They did rule over two thirds of the world only a hundred years ago.

The industrial revolution was led by Great Britain. Great Britain was one of the greatest nations at one time.

Like many great empires built with little consideration for social justices. A phenomenon that still continues today with those nations that have taken over from Great Britain,  and before that France, Spain, the Romans, etc etc. 

Based on your choice of flag, you might not like it, but reality isn't moderated by politics.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I suspect that ten minutes before Prayut arrived May was briefed as to who he was and where he was from, followed by how to pronounce his name.  Everything else is scripted and any conversations done by the minions. It would have been a minor distraction for her as she goes about screwing up the country.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, britishrepublican said:

She has some cheek lecturing anyone about elections. There is no democracy in the U.K.

The woman is totally incompetent, she's been in over her head since day one. Everything she's touched has turned into a disaster.

"There is no democracy in the UK.."

Ah,I see...

2 minutes ago, weri said:

This lying deceiving woman should all and foremost keep her own issues in check and leave other countries to their own devices 

Well let other countries stay put and not go swanning off to London, then. He went to her, not the other way round.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Well let other countries stay put and not go swanning off to London, then. He went to her, not the other way round.

Yes. It looks like a meeting between the Wicked Witch of the North and the Evil Troll of the East!

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

"There is no democracy in the UK.."

Ah,I see...

Welcome to 2018 where it is now acceptable to make up any old ball locks and present it as fact.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Regarding trade, the two leaders agreed that as the United Kingdom leaves the European Union, the bilateral trade and investment relationship would continue to go from strength to strength

That is only a dream but according to EU rules not possible. How stupid is this UK PM. Absolutely useless 

3 hours ago, Snig27 said:

It's always good to wake up to a post filled with half-baked ignorant bigotry in the morn.

There’s never any shortage of bigotry around here. I remember seeing an old documentary by Alan Whicker about the “£10 Poms”. Those Brits who left for Australia in the 60s. One of them left because there were too many foreigners....so he went to be a foreigner in another country. A bit like some of members here really

• Haha 1

How ungainly, berk-ish and out of his depth the 'P.M.' appears in this meeting. Cannot even get a single proper sentence in English out.

Yingluck, in constrast, puts him to shame in that department (and she is no linguistic genius). I bet he loathes the fact that Yingluck can communicate tolerably well in English - whereas he can do little more than grunt the single-syllable word, 'yes'.

And he's married to a Chulalongkorn professor of English, for God's sake!

Edited by Eligius

5 minutes ago, baboon said:

Welcome to 2018 where it is now acceptable to make up any old ball locks and present it as fact.

True,

But one is always intrigued with what the internet posting,Western industrialized serfs are thinking-it adds a certain amount of spice to one's day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eligius said:

How ungainly, berk-ish and out of his depth the 'P.M.' appears in this meeting. Cannot even get a single proper sentence in English out.

Yingluck puts him to shame in that department (and she is no linguistic genius). I bet he loathes the fact that Yingluck can communicate tolerably well in English - whereas he can do little more than grunt the single-syllable word, 'yes'.

I am sure Yingluk is very proficient in saying "I have got lot's of cash to spend on expensive handbags, can you tell me the way to Harrods?".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

True,

But one is always intrigued with what the internet posting,Western industrialized serfs are thinking-it adds a certain amount of spice to one's day.

It certainly makes one realise just how easily a new Nazi Germany could take root in other European countries...

23 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Yingluck, in constrast, puts him to shame in that department (and she is no linguistic genius). I bet he loathes the fact that Yingluck can communicate tolerably well in English - whereas he can do little more than grunt the single-syllable word, 'yes'.

Please don’t confuse English with Gibberish. She is only proficient in the latter