Troll Post Opens Flood Of Rape Threats Against Activist

webfact

4 minutes ago, Get Real said:
1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Baby boom nine months later.

Now you are talking about people from this world, right?

Yup, if I was talking about people out of this world  - Thailand - I would have said  baby boom-boom nine month later.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Would be an interesting social experiment if ALL social media platforms (FB, Twitter, Instagram and others I have never heard of) went dark worldwide for 3 or 4 days. I am really curious as to what would happen? 

then we'd have to find a landline. that would be interesting, i don't know anyone that's got one anymore. anyway cony and brown told me to stay on line and you'll be fine ?

Edited by Happy enough
grammar
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, duanebigsby said:

I think you'd find this around the globe.

People seem to love death and rape threats for ones who disagree with them. Sad.

They do not happen that often , in reality , but when they do, its highly publicised

Its quite often stupid youngsters carrying out the threats with no intention of carrying them out ..

They should just be deleted and ignored and the sender banned 

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

What about forums?

Have to go back to reading books.

Going by your post count I can imagine that would be desperate times.

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes.

Altho' mass slaughter might be a result.

Still,your post is an interesting one and I have often thought about it.Sending letters to one another might not have not be able to express the overwhelming,irrational angst..

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the the universe is that they have never tried to contact us."

Sam Watterson.

"Dolphins find people amusing, but they don’t want to talk to them." - Talking Heads (album insert). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This is one of those times when I'm reminded that FAR TOO MANY people in this world are coming totally and completely unglued....  :ninja:

with some of the vile comments I have read on other tropics , many westerners are coming unglued .just read the first 3 0r 4 comments about a Thai lady who was murdered by husband and put in the pool .

2 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

“Rape her son and her mother first, then rape her later. Do it brutally and savagely.”

Ahhh....Thainess and Buddhism in Thailand..ain't it grand?

Another woman, Jirayu Yu, ch.textClipping

It's not Thainess. It's not Buddhism. It's internet bullying. Happens worldwide.

18 hours ago, Rhys said:

..Exactimondo...  the Thai way.

Why oh why does this unhinged activity have to be attributed to thais???

This sort of horrendous action by mentally disturbed keyboard warriors is a world wide phenomenon.

Brits and yanks lead the world in terms of very nasty heartless trollers.

EVERY country has them sadly.

Thai people I find are very friendly and live and let live types.

Why let your unhappy state of mind insult all thais.

The poor lady has been targetted and besmirched by 'unhappy' saddos.

Edited by Expatthailover
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

The death penalty for rapists is a too extreme sentence 

Absolutely sanemax , imagine someone stiching up a bloke by leading him on , laying a trap , then screaming rape , ok not a full proof plan , but if death by injection for rape cases the number will soar , what next a written agreement to sex so as to avoid any issues.

' A lady ran into a police and cried I have been graped '

Do you mean rape missus ?

' No there was a bunch of them '

• Like 1

18 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Would be an interesting social experiment if ALL social media platforms (FB, Twitter, Instagram and others I have never heard of) went dark worldwide for 3 or 4 days. I am really curious as to what would happen? 

No "Likes" for 4 days? Mass-suicides.

• Like 1

The problem of the internet and yes there are many is that any wacko or extreme left or right person. Can say anything they want and hide behind unanimity.

Imagine if thai visa made you use your real name how this site would change

37 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

The Internet is a dangerous place, especially the social media.

Just by posting one`s political views can cause hostile reactions. For example; try posting anything complimentary about Donald Trump on facebook and see what reactions you get or try going against the flow with the mainstream points of view.

You should just not post troll posts then you will be fine. ?

Carrier pigeon,snail mail,telegraph,fax,e-mail ?

5 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Absolutely sanemax , imagine someone stiching up a bloke by leading him on , laying a trap , then screaming rape , ok not a full proof plan , but if death by injection for rape cases the number will soar , what next a written agreement to sex so as to avoid any issues.

' A lady ran into a police and cried I have been graped '

Do you mean rape missus ?

' No there was a bunch of them '

Even for definitely guilty rapists , the death sentence is too harsh a punishment

On 6/22/2018 at 4:25 PM, Odysseus123 said:

They have always been "unglued"

Now they have the means to express it.

How do people this dumb ever use smart phones?  Logically, the death penalty for rape or kidnapping is always counter productive.  It leads to the criminal killing the victim as they think: "Well, the penalty is the same and they can only kill.me once.  My chances are way better without this witness here, so "BANG" one woman raped AND murdered.

Edited by The Deerhunter

5 hours ago, johng said:
On 6/22/2018 at 4:55 PM, InfinityandBeyond said:

Carrier pigeon,snail mail,telegraph,fax,e-mail ?

But where is the instant gratification? Who can wait 2 long minutes for an email, hours or even weeks (heaven forbid these days) to display their lack of talent, imagination or skills? These egos demand attention NOW and these egos are bigger than any contribution they could ever possibly make to creating a better society. Both in Thailand and abroad. 

25 minutes ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

But where is the instant gratification? Who can wait 2 long minutes for an email, hours or even weeks (heaven forbid these days) to display their lack of talent, imagination or skills? These egos demand attention NOW and these egos are bigger than any contribution they could ever possibly make to creating a better society. Both in Thailand and abroad. 

WE should all send Infinitybeyond our home addresses and he send send us all letters by post, instead of posting to us on TV

An off topic post has been removed.

A post in which the quoted content had been altered has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.