Most Thais don’t have enough savings to last six months if they stop working

snoop1130

Most Thais don’t have enough savings to last six months if they stop working

shop.jpg

About 80 percent of working Thais, especially among the “Gen Y” and “Gen X” groups, have savings just enough to last only six months if they stop working or become unemployed, according to a study conducted by the Customer Insights Centre of the Thai Military Bank.

The study was based on an online survey of working Thais aged 18-54 from the database of 35 million working Thais.

Only 20 percent of the working Thais have enough savings to last more than six months after they stop working, said the study, adding that the problem of not enough savings occurs when Thais start working (Gen Y) and carries on until Gen X.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thais-dont-enough-savings-last-six-months-stop-working/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-6-22

21 minutes ago, Jdiddy said:

Similar in the western world

Wrong

The biggest problem in the western world is that if you did have enough,& take a year + off work, you will be discriminated against 

An example

Applied for a job (through a labour hire company )  & even though I had 20 + years experience in my field was told I may have a job with one multi big local company, but would not be allowed on a multi international companies site (owned by royalty )

This is in Auss & talking BIIIIIIIG COMPANIES

Edited by BEVUP
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

& also not forgetting that the western world companies need to restructure if their not gaining on their 8 Billion profit from the previous yr

In AUSS there is a prediction (actually known fact ) that 20,000 + in the next 3 yrs will lose their jobs due to this

Not like Thialand where you have to dodge the employees in a Retail shop ( at least they have a job to live day by day ) 

I see all these staff when in big stores. However, are they actually paid even a base pay or are they strictly on a commission. If only commission (and not much sales), it is not a reliable income source.

1 hour ago, shady86 said:

If people here have enough savings, department stores wouldn't be growing like mushrooms.

Please clarify what you mean by " growing like mushrooms".