Los Becoming Like An Old People's Home

Neeranam

I've noticed in Khon Kaen anyway that there are a lot more dottery old codgers around than a few years ago.

What's the reason for this?

Are heating bills going up in the Uk or something?

Can they no longer afford their half pint and drams?

Could they all be finding their 'tee ruks' through online agencies?

Are they coming to get their dentures replaced?

Anyone noticed in the other parts of the country?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed in Khon Kaen anyway that there are a lot more dottery old codgers around than a few years ago.

What an obnoxious thread.

You live in Thailand and have no idea of the respect that should be afforded to older people.

Reason maybe that they have earned it. Have you?

It may be alright for you youngsters but could you increase the font size please to give us a chance of reading your post. Also did you know Tesco's sold commodes here , they don't in the UK.

I guess after the baht devaluation early 90's and several TOT campaigns a lot more people (young & old) visited Thailand. Some actually liked the country and with the 50+ pension scheme in place it's only normal that quite a few decided to stay.

What an obnoxious thread.

You live in Thailand and have no idea of the respect that should be afforded to older people.

Reason maybe that they have earned it. Have you?

Yeah. Stop calling them dottery old codgers.

They're dottery old geezers.

err sorry george only joking :o

Was it you that hitched my wheelchair up to a Tuk Tuk last night? The blighter drove like hel_l, lost my shopping bag with the new sterdent I bought top of Silom. Going to bloody quick when he turned right at the Narathiwat junction I lost my walking stick. He couldn't hear a ###### word I was yelling at him because of the noise from the blessed thing, that he shot up Surawong and dumped me at some girly bar or other in Patpong, well I think that is what it is called. So I didn't have my walking stick, so had to keep sitting in my wheel-chair and as my throat was horse with all the shouting to the stupid Tuk Tuk driver the young lady who was by now sitting on my lap, wouldn't move for 2 hours as she appeared not to be able to lip read !!

Anyway ,can you do the same again next week please

Really Obnoxious agiest post,if thats all you have to post dont bother :o

maybe you missed the the humour that was intended and in any event I am one of those aged this thread is about,yes really, and sometimes we do like jokes about ourselves

Edited by daveupson

You haven't seen anything yet, the graying of LOS is just starting.

Western Boomers, fat with 401K and retirement cash are staging up as we speak.

Gated retirement communities are going to be big biz, as will walking sticks ... :o:D

Gated retirement communities are going to be big biz, as will walking sticks ... :o:D

and Tesco's commodes

Yeah, I have. I'm only 64 and I do hate it when all these wrinklies go limping by thinking they've still got what it takes. I'm with you all the way man, ship 'em all off home to care homes, there'll be more fun for us. And I won't have to stand in line any more at the pharmacy or help 'em across the road.

Only the young die good

Yeah, I have. I'm only 64 and I do hate it when all these wrinklies go limping by thinking they've still got what it takes. I'm with you all the way man, ship 'em all off home to care homes, there'll be more fun for us. And I won't have to stand in line any more at the pharmacy or help 'em across the road.

Only the young die good

You are the member formaly known as?

The new quality farang? :D

Only the young die good

:o:D :D

How true about only the young dying good.

Only the young die good

Listen Ere all you young Gits :D Lots of us oldies are pioneer settlers of thailand, already well pickled in Lao khao and Palah ,eyesight ruined by the bright lights of Pat Pong and Pattaya, original settlers who made the Singha Trek North east out of korat heading for places with exotic sounding names like Ubon and Amnatcharoen, building bridges and roads and preaching the Gospel according to Yacker Yates, for there was only one god and his anger was great!! for the soldiers were losing courage!! tempted by Almond eyed beauties, and the nights would echo with the sounds of passion , and the mornings would echo with the sounds of families wailing at the loss of a son in law :o And we reached our goal Leong Nok Tha, and did introduce the natives to the wonders of civilisation, Electricity ,tap water, Condoms and Corned beef :D And there was great rejoicing and beer did flow and the population did grow. Here endeth todays lesson!! maybe next time I will explain how we discovered pattaya and the start of the american infestation of Los and the decline of civilisation in thailand as we know it today :D Nignoy PS the photo is the gates to Camp Doom

post-11182-1170363689_thumb.jpg

Only the young die good

You are the member formaly known as?

Formerly known as "young fella", formally known as "muhn" :o

Only the young die good

Listen Ere all you young Gits :D Lots of us oldies are pioneer settlers of thailand, already well pickled in Lao khao and Palah ,eyesight ruined by the bright lights of Pat Pong and Pattaya, original settlers who made the Singha Trek North east out of korat heading for places with exotic sounding names like Ubon and Amnatcharoen, building bridges and roads and preaching the Gospel according to Yacker Yates, for there was only one god and his anger was great!! for the soldiers were losing courage!! tempted by Almond eyed beauties, and the nights would echo with the sounds of passion , and the mornings would echo with the sounds of families wailing at the loss of a son in law :o And we reached our goal Leong Nok Tha, and did introduce the natives to the wonders of civilisation, Electricity ,tap water, Condoms and Corned beef :D And there was great rejoicing and beer did flow and the population did grow. Here endeth todays lesson!! maybe next time I will explain how we discovered pattaya and the start of the american infestation of Los and the decline of civilisation in thailand as we know it today :D Nignoy PS the photo is the gates to Camp Doom

Respect, Mr. Nignoy, we are not worthy of your gracious contribution. When I'm old I want be just like you. I feel inspired to philosophise all night but I must now clean my dentures, brush my wig, wash my rupture truss and charge my hearing aid after I find my glasses. Otherwise I'll oversleep and miss my shift as a museum attendant. If I lose my job my pension's not enough to finance my carnal appetite in LOS.

He who laughs, lasts :D

Only the young die good

Listen Ere all you young Gits :D Lots of us oldies are pioneer settlers of thailand, already well pickled in Lao khao and Palah ,eyesight ruined by the bright lights of Pat Pong and Pattaya, original settlers who made the Singha Trek North east out of korat heading for places with exotic sounding names like Ubon and Amnatcharoen, building bridges and roads and preaching the Gospel according to Yacker Yates, for there was only one god and his anger was great!! for the soldiers were losing courage!! tempted by Almond eyed beauties, and the nights would echo with the sounds of passion , and the mornings would echo with the sounds of families wailing at the loss of a son in law :o And we reached our goal Leong Nok Tha, and did introduce the natives to the wonders of civilisation, Electricity ,tap water, Condoms and Corned beef :bah: And there was great rejoicing and beer did flow and the population did grow. Here endeth todays lesson!! maybe next time I will explain how we discovered pattaya and the start of the american infestation of Los and the decline of civilisation in thailand as we know it today :D Nignoy PS the photo is the gates to Camp Doom

Respect, Mr. Nignoy, we are not worthy of your gracious contribution. When I'm old I want be just like you. I feel inspired to philosophise all night but I must now clean my dentures, brush my wig, wash my rupture truss and charge my hearing aid after I find my glasses. Otherwise I'll oversleep and miss my shift as a museum attendant. If I lose my job my pension's not enough to finance my carnal appetite in LOS.

No worries :o we find the first 25 years on and off in Los were a bit strenuous, but who is complaining, but now 6 months a year in thailand,6 months a year in queensland , pop back to UK for the odd wedding or funeral now and then.My english wife and I have a very large and supportive worldwide Thai and Australian family ,so being old and disabled aint a problem , one regret is that now it is the wrong body parts that are stiff when I wake up in the mornings :bah::D Nignoy

Only the young die good

Listen Ere all you young Gits :D Lots of us oldies are pioneer settlers of thailand, already well pickled in Lao khao and Palah ,eyesight ruined by the bright lights of Pat Pong and Pattaya, original settlers who made the Singha Trek North east out of korat heading for places with exotic sounding names like Ubon and Amnatcharoen, building bridges and roads and preaching the Gospel according to Yacker Yates, for there was only one god and his anger was great!! for the soldiers were losing courage!! tempted by Almond eyed beauties, and the nights would echo with the sounds of passion , and the mornings would echo with the sounds of families wailing at the loss of a son in law :o And we reached our goal Leong Nok Tha, and did introduce the natives to the wonders of civilisation, Electricity ,tap water, Condoms and Corned beef :bah: And there was great rejoicing and beer did flow and the population did grow. Here endeth todays lesson!! maybe next time I will explain how we discovered pattaya and the start of the american infestation of Los and the decline of civilisation in thailand as we know it today :D Nignoy PS the photo is the gates to Camp Doom

No worries :o we find the first 25 years on and off in Los were a bit strenuous, but who is complaining, but now 6 months a year in thailand,6 months a year in queensland , pop back to UK for the odd wedding or funeral now and then.My english wife and I have a very large and supportive worldwide Thai and Australian family ,so being old and disabled aint a problem , one regret is that now it is the wrong body parts that are stiff when I wake up in the mornings :bah::D Nignoy

You too? I once had 4 supple members and a stiff one. Woke up last week, it was the other way around.

Most of the older farangs I've seen in KKC are repulsive-looking...pretty obvious what they are there for. Quite an eyesore to everyone.
Not all of Us Twinkle :D , been happily married to my english wife for millions of years we just love Isaan :o Nignoy