Los Becoming Like An Old People's Home

Neeranam

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most of the older farangs I've seen in KKC are repulsive-looking...pretty obvious what they are there for. Quite an eyesore to everyone.

Talk to me when you turn 40 sweetheart and we will see how repulsive looking you are and how many original teeth you still have.

Definitive you should be for the old fart side....(as myself), becuase unfortunatelly it is not about how old you feel or about how many years you have, but about how others see us....

i humbly beg to differ Torito. most of us old farts are aware what we have achieved and don't care how others see us.

my favourite quote: i prefer being old, rich and healthy to be being young, poor and sick.

:o

'Dr. Naam' agreed with you, but I was making the point about how we are seen by the young fellows of this forum, not about how we see ourselves....or how young Thai ladies see us (which apparently it is what it may disturb some of them)....

P.P.S. Torito, Brad Pitt I am not and never was but under this rusting coachwork throbs a well tuned CV8.

'qwertz', only in Germany one can get wheelchair with such a powerful enginee...

Edited by torito

8 pages of utter crap. Well done everybody. :o

No one is forcing you to read it - go and take your nap.

QUOTE(papaya9 @ 2007-02-02 05:51:45)

Most of the older farangs I've seen in KKC are repulsive-looking...pretty obvious what they are there for. Quite an eyesore to everyone.

Can't tar them all with the same brush - there are some really nice older gents.

What I can't understand is the guy with 70 years life experience who passes me, my wife and my two girls, whilst pushing his own baby in a pram and totally ignores us. What the <deleted> is all that about. Hasn't he learned that when someone says 'good evening', it's polite to reply or look at them. Sad old git.

I'm beginning to feel old. What is the criteria for calling yourself young?

My grandmother is still travelling the world and she is old. I'd say my father was old at 70. My mother is young at 64. I used to think middle-aged was 40-50, not so sure now.

Hello again.

So we have achieved 10 pages of crap? it may be crap but it's OUR crap!

As far as I can make out so far,

Yes LOS is filling up with us old-uns.

We're here because we want to be, we can afford to be and it's better than the alternatives.

Anyone over 60 is an old-Fart.

We don't apear to give a rats bottom what you youngsters think.

My children our now practicing making farty noises, in preparation for old age.

All you over 50 but under 60 retirees are here under false pretences.

Viagara is now the drug of choice.

OK, thanks folks I have seen the light and will go and make some more babies.

Maybe euthanasia is the answer? Anyone over 50 should be exterminated, perhaps? :D

Maybe farangs in LOS should have one of those "Logan's Run" jewels implanted into their palms, and get rendered down for glue or Soylent Green when it changes colour...?

Ah, well.... 9 pages of utter crap and counting; but any excuse to post a pic of the divine Ms Jenny Agutter, star of the Logan's Run series. :o

post-32068-1177823925_thumb.jpg

It's the young Thai ladies who have to put up with these dinosaurs that i feel sorry for.
Why - a few years then set up for life.

Some of these old guys, who are sensible enough not to get ripped off, hang around for quite some time, and some of these ladies lose their youth to servicing these guys. Some of what that entails must be quite repulsive to these significantly younger women. Imagine having to go through that for 10 or 20 years out of a need for security and obligation to your family. Not a nice thought.

Yes in the past dithery old perverts were the norm but here in Pattaya thats changing fast, were being replaced with young agressive street fighters, now us old blokes can prop ourselves up at some roadside bar and watch the fights while drinking our Horlics and having a nice young girl run her fingers through our grey hair.

Gentle hint to the young guys tha want what we have, it took a long time of self sacrifice to get here. We as a general rule stayed in our home countries and built the retirements that we enjoy today. We didn't get to go to far away places and live an adventure to ge this financial security.

So there are dues to be paid, pay them when your young or pay them when you are old, they will be paid.

Interesting. What advice would you give to a 40 year old with a young family. Stay in a easy job enjoying a good life, or go back to UK and suffer for 20 years so that able to come back to Thailand and retire, assuming still alive?

I'd guess that most old retirees would have said screw the job 30 years, if only they'd known.

It's the young Thai ladies who have to put up with these dinosaurs that i feel sorry for.

right you are! there ought to be a law against old dinosaurs who keep on raping innocent young ladies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. there should also be a law which makes it mandatory that old and established dinosaurs are sharing their financial means with poor young boys enabling them to hang around in bars and being entertained by young ladies instead of whining in TV-forum.

I'd guess that most old retirees would have said screw the job 30 years, if only they'd known.

"30 years" is most probably an exaggeration as one should have a solid financial footing before thinking of retiring and living in Thailand "happily ever after". happiness will in most cases soon disappear when living when living from hand to mouth. exceptions just prove the rule.

What the <deleted> is all that about.[/b]

it's called "Alzheimer's" or, if this disease does not apply, the reason must be that the old guy looking at the baby is torturing his brains thinking how the <deleted> did i accomplish that?

I'm being entertained by two lovely young ladies as i type. Us younger, virile studs don't need to splash the cash in bars to get the ladies' attention, they volunteer for their pleasure.

yeah, yeah, yeah. but... what happened to the third lady? :o

I'm being entertained by two lovely young ladies as i type. Us younger, virile studs don't need to splash the cash in bars to get the ladies' attention, they volunteer for their pleasure.

yeah, yeah, yeah. but... what happened to the third lady? :o

She had to leave early to get back to her dinosaur husband before he wakes up from his afternoon nap :D

Maybe euthanasia is the answer? Anyone over 50 should be exterminated, perhaps? :D

Maybe farangs in LOS should have one of those "Logan's Run" jewels implanted into their palms, and get rendered down for glue or Soylent Green when it changes colour...?

Ah, well.... 9 pages of utter crap and counting; but any excuse to post a pic of the divine Ms Jenny Agutter, star of the Logan's Run series. :D

Quote John Rambo; 128 posts in 5.5 months shows you how little idle time i have.......

Or how little intelligent input you have to offer? :o

And bad news for you, KM, Jenny got old. She doesn't look so juicy anymore. Sh!t happens. :D

Edited by qwertz

Has nobody mentioned that the only alternative to getting older is dying now? Not advisable. So, prepare for old age: keep fit, keep sharp and clever, keep on learning, stay active. And, save up lots of money (perhaps 25% of your gross income) for the later years, or you'll spend your last years penniless and bitter.

Ah, well.... 9 pages of utter crap and counting; but any excuse to post a pic of the divine Ms Jenny Agutter, star of the Logan's Run series. :D

Quote John Rambo; 128 posts in 5.5 months shows you how little idle time i have.......

Or how little intelligent input you have to offer? :o

And bad news for you, KM, Jenny got old. She doesn't look so juicy anymore. Sh!t happens. :D

I think she maybe "peaked" around the time of "Walkabout" but so what? She is the quintessential English Rose, still looks great for her age, and is a decent actress as well. :D

Hangover bad this morning, m8? :bah:

I've noticed in Khon Kaen anyway that there are a lot more dottery old codgers around than a few years ago.

What's the reason for this?

Are heating bills going up in the Uk or something?

Can they no longer afford their half pint and drams?

Could they all be finding their 'tee ruks' through online agencies?

Are they coming to get their dentures replaced?

Anyone noticed in the other parts of the country?

The dirt cheap cost of living in KK is ideal for seniors living off their social security checks. when living in a place of this cheapness, one should never complain about anything

Gentle hint to the young guys tha want what we have, it took a long time of self sacrifice to get here. We as a general rule stayed in our home countries and built the retirements that we enjoy today. We didn't get to go to far away places and live an adventure to ge this financial security.

So there are dues to be paid, pay them when your young or pay them when you are old, they will be paid.

Interesting. What advice would you give to a 40 year old with a young family. Stay in a easy job enjoying a good life, or go back to UK and suffer for 20 years so that able to come back to Thailand and retire, assuming still alive?

what exactly is a good life? this is the question