Gen Prayut confirms Thailand general election in Feb 2019

Jonathan Fairfield

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So there it is confirmed. Prayut now only has 8 more months in which to rig the election. And we all know that is exactly what he plans on doing.

seems like George Soros's money don't work in Thailand. sad, huh?

16 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

I think it was Simon & Garfunkel who wrote: "All lies are jest 'til a man hear what he wants to hear and disregards the rest'.

He must have met Mrs Robinson before the meeting with Theresa May.

• Haha 1

The leaders of the main political parties have been planning for an election in May 2019 since 2017. The PM has been kicking the ball down the road since 2017. According to his latest statement, the election will be after the Coronation which is likely to be around May 5th (the previous coronation day), therefore you can expect the election later in May 2019.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

He must have met Mrs Robinson before the meeting with Theresa May.

Perhaps. For a couple of years, I have been unable to look at Mrs May without getting a mental picture of the villain from 'Despicable Me'. Must be the jackets she always wears, and the hunch she always stands with.

It's 'orrible.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Why does he keep making these statements of when the election will be. What date was it well in America that he did not keep can any one remember? The one thing he does very well is lie.

If lying would create short legs, some guys would suffer from horny skin on their scrotum.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Perhaps. For a couple of years, I have been unable to look at Mrs May without getting a mental picture of the villain from 'Despicable Me'. Must be the jackets she always wears, and the hunch she always stands with.

It's 'orrible.

Yes, she really does look more and more like an evil old witch. Inner being reflects itself on the outer appearance - in England as in Thailand (Prayut and Prawit).

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baboon said:

60 million thais enjoying piece and quite (sic) is what you choose to see. However what relevance does that made-up assertion have to do with the issue of your drear leader's continual lies about an election date?

Why would you reply and offer your opinion... And then criticize me for offering mine 

Comedy gold ?

3 minutes ago, SlyAnimal said:

After 4 years of this charade, I think I'm starting to understand politics from a Thai perspective.

I know that the words of politicians can't be trusted.

I know that all politicians are corrupt

I know that "cleaning up corruption" only applies to political opponents

I know that politicians will look after their supporters, and won't care about the rest of the country

Admittedly though, things like corruption are so entrenched in the system that it'd be dangerous for anyone to actually try and clean it up.  Which is something my wife has reiterated to me numerous times when I rant about corruption.  Too many people, powerful people, would stand to lose out if corruption was eliminated.  And the price of life in Thailand is cheap.

Not to mention as well, that in order to get ahead, most people need to be complicit with corruption anyway.  Afterall, how do you get promoted to a high ranking government position?  Not based on merit that's for sure, but rather based on the size of the gift you can provide the person making the decision.  Unless you're willing to bribe someone, you can't get into a position to turn down bribes from others, and thus can't ride on your high horse about corruption if you utilized it in order to climb the ladder.

Only poor powerless people can really complain about corruption.  Everyone with power that complains, is only complaining to continue the charade, as they wouldn't be where they are without corruption in some way shape or form.

Good post, friend.

Which is why I advocate tearing the whole charade down and creating a new one. Yes it will be hard, yes it will be long and yes, some feeders at the trough will have to go (lots of them).

But anyone with any rerspect for Thailand and/or Thais, has no alternative than to look into that particular abyss. There is no other way, the feeders at the trough are simply too many and too well entrenched. When thinking about corruption in Thailand, think about the rule of 80/20.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, robblok said:

Oh for sure they are cynical of the current goverment I am too. I just don't think it will be a stitch up. Votes will be counted honestly. The unfair part is that Prayut now campaigns while others cannot. As for defecting MP's from parties that just shows they were never loyal to a party but to their wallet. That also shows why they stayed with a certain party because they got money from it.

you don't think anyone else is campaigning right now?