Wissanu says election will be 'by May 5'

webfact

2 minutes ago, Eligius said:

There is a very, very, VERY big sad national event that will serve their ends just perfectly (when the time comes). Forget all politics, then, for a year ...

OOOH forgot about that

Get your black frocks out again !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

5.5.2055? 5555!

If that's not a virtual middle finger, I don't know what is. Amazing how long Thais are willing to put up with this BS.

Not willing..... No choice.

No governmental system suits all, or is perfect, including democratic ones elected by the people. The last few years in Thailand has been the most stable during the last 20 that I've been here...why change anything just to re-instigate the same chaotic, immature Thai form of democracy again, only to be followed by another coup in a few years, just for the sake of democratic idealism? Thailand should give up on democracy, the culture is too juvenile to handle it. A benevolent dictatorship should work better in Thai culture for a couple of generations yet until the culture matures. Look no further than Singapore for a successful form of government and successful country...try that I say.

6 hours ago, JAG said:

On the other hand, it is indicative of the junta's approach to freedom of speech, and desire to control every aspect of the political process.

You lend them too much credence.

They're just running scared (still).

25 minutes ago, jkcjag said:

Look no further than Singapore for a successful form of government and successful country...try that I say.

Prayut nor past generals who governed are no Lee Kuan Yew. Stop self gratification and justifying the corrupt, ruthless and power crazy generals. Silly comparison. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lucky mike said:

Think quote is "are we there yet ? "......

Nope..

It's a salutation and response..

"How ya goin' mate?"

"Getting there, mate,getting there.."

"Onya,mate!"

There is no doubt that Messer's Prayut,Prawit and Wissanu would phrase it somewhat differently..?

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Wissanu says election in May 2019. PM Prayut says election in February 2019.

Prayut and his team in SNAFU mode as usual.

General elections in February till May and no clear result until September, What cannot count past ten or something 

Good luck to all sides and may the best team win but If PT win the next election I beg the military to please protect the airport from takeover. 

It is at the very heart of a military's task. To protect a country from invasive actions. 

Why did they even turn up for this farce .when they moved the goal post once again they should of just clapped them and all walked out . pryuth didn't even bother to turn up which is disrespectful to them all .time these politicians got together and worked to oust these dictators as one party won't be enough to stop him .band together is the only way to get him out .he now likes all the attention and does not want to go and he believes all his lies .he is a very dangerous man for Thailand as he will run it into the poor house ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, lazeeboy said:

Why did they even turn up for this farce .when they moved the goal post once again they should of just clapped them and all walked out . pryuth didn't even bother to turn up which is disrespectful to them all .time these politicians got together and worked to oust these dictators as one party won't be enough to stop him .band together is the only way to get him out .he now likes all the attention and does not want to go and he believes all his lies .he is a very dangerous man for Thailand as he will run it into the poor house ..

Well, if he does, I will benefit. UK pensions, all household appliances bought, new-ish vehicle.

Could be worse. Perhaps I ought to review my preferences.

Edited by KiwiKiwi

12 hours ago, Cadbury said:

The article says Wissanu said between Feb and May, probably in Feb so it appears the directive given to him was to start the process of moving the date by planting the May date in everybody's minds to see if there is any pushback. Of course he didn't say May of what year!

Unfortunately I am of the firm belief that an unfortunate event will occur between now and the predicted dates resulting in the indefinite postponement of the aforementioned elections.

And I believe that the junta is banking on this so that they can remain in power.

Mark my words.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chama said:

The article says Wissanu said between Feb and May, probably in Feb so it appears the directive given to him was to start the process of moving the date by planting the May date in everybody's minds to see if there is any pushback. Of course he didn't say May of what year!

A fiendish Baldrick style plan perhaps. 

25 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Unfortunately I am of the firm belief that an unfortunate event will occur between now and the predicted dates resulting in the indefinite postponement of the aforementioned elections.

And I believe that the junta is banking on this so that they can remain in power.

Mark my words.

Yes - it is so, so obvious what lachrymose event they are going to use - and use (quite cynically and shamelessly) to buy themselves masses of more time, time that no one will dare question ...

13 hours ago, Cadbury said:

The announcement that has been made claims the election will be held by May 5

Dates in Feb, Mar, and Apr are all before May 5 as are several other dates