3 Month Bank Deposits

Does anyone know what immigration requires as proof of funds on deposit for 3 months?

I suspect that a bankbook will not suffice so what must the bank provide? If a letter, what would it state?

I am here on a retirement visa and have extended for the past 2 years with no problems. I wonder if these funds must be left untouched or may I draw on them for living expenses while still maintaining the legal limit during the 3 month period?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Hello Walter,

I recently got my first extension of stay based on retirement at the Pattaya immigration office using the bank account only to qualify. They officer looked at my bank book and highlighted the transfer transactions which were over 3 months old. Yes, you are allowed to spend money in your bank account, but when you should up at immigration, you still must have at least 800K in the bank account.

I did get the standard letter from the bank verifying the balance which must match the balance at the time of application. However, no extra letter was required to prove the transfer dates as its all there in the bank book.

Hello Walter,

I recently got my first extension of stay based on retirement at the Pattaya immigration office using the bank account only to qualify. They officer looked at my bank book and highlighted the transfer transactions which were over 3 months old. Yes, you are allowed to spend money in your bank account, but when you should up at immigration, you still must have at least 800K in the bank account.

I did get the standard letter from the bank verifying the balance which must match the balance at the time of application. However, no extra letter was required to prove the transfer dates as its all there in the bank book.