Briton, 60, found with drugs dies fleeing police in Udon Thani

webfact

16 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

You would think that at his age he would know better.  Guess not.

He must Have been skint with no pension 

must work hard whilst young and open a pension from your first Job 

Having a little weed is probably no more serious than killing your Thai neighbours dog or cat.

Pay a big fine or go to jail for 2 years immediately.

But using or dealing any kind of drug in Asia is insane.There are so many people who will 'give you up 'for a reward. Thais and farangs alike.

Sounds like the Brit didnt think he could pay the fine and couldnt do hard  time so he pancked and fled. 

PS........ i don't believe his wife's story for a second. " i nEwa lie to you , nEwa!!!   huz ban  he dink with old farang fend  dink dink ewy day  dink ,smoke buri   he no good    i not know she  i not know he  buy dug  , what dug , i newa lie   he sell dug???   i good lady  he no good"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

"Even sadder that it has cost him his life." said someone

it's certainly not me who will shed a tear when a gangster died stupidly ... 

...because when someone has so many narcotic products in his own car it's not for his personal consumption so he is a gangster nothing else! :coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Why would anyone interested in making money from drugs do it here where the punishment is so harsh. If you're that way inclined, why not go to a western country to carry out business? If you're caught, you'll probably get off with a soft sentence in a cushy jail.

• Like 2

Just now, jesimps said:

Why would anyone interested in making money from drugs do it here where the punishment is so harsh. If you're that way inclined, why not go to a western country to carry out business? If you're caught, you'll probably get off with a soft sentence in a cushy jail.

I guess there will be ex pat customers using people like him on a regular basis so it’s easy money. Not many dealers would think of the consequences whatever country they are in.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Apart from alcohol and tobacco, there are very few drugs that makes you physically addicted.

Alcohol is not a drug. While it and nicotine are addictive and are the 2 biggest killers, despite being legal.

Ganga is harmless, and non addictive.

There are many addictive drugs, cocaine, heroin, and countless ones given buy doctors, or even over the counter at a drug store.

49 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I agree that this is the most likely scenario as I doubt that the police being there was purely coincidental.

Loose lips have sunk many a ship in Thailand.

True, and remember who often supply the drugs to the dealers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Alcohol is not a drug. While it and nicotine are addictive and are the 2 biggest killers, despite being legal.

Ganga is harmless, and non addictive.

There are many addictive drugs, cocaine, heroin, and countless ones given buy doctors, or even over the counter at a drug store.

Cocaine is not physically addictive. And for your information; alcohol is a drug.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

No where in the article does it say anything about him being "a user" or being "addicted".

They found "four more small bags of marijuana, 80 methamphetamine pills, five bags of crystal meth and seven bags of cocaine." in the car alone. I highly doubt an addict (or a "casual ganja smoker) would be carrying that much of that many different drugs.

He obviously knew that if he got caught he'd be facing a long stretch of hard time. If it had of been just "a tiny bag of marijuana" he could have claimed that it must have fallen out of the pocket of some kid he gave a ride to and probably skated away with a small fine (assuming the cop even saw it and why would you leave it exposed like that in the first place). 

I can imagine that if a cop was driving by and saw a car parked on the side of the road with the door open he may wonder why (depending where the car was and if the lights were on/engine running/ect).

If the old guy had of just sat there with phone in hand and told said he pulled over to call the wife - end of story (most likely).  

Desperate people do desperate things and more often than not, they don't work out the way they hoped they would.

Yes, he may not have been a user as you say. He might have fled because those who supplied him wouldn't to be named (if he had been caught and talked). We all have to pay, one way or another, for what we do in life and this man has paid the ultimate price. Sad both ways, involved with illegal drugs, and that any family, if he has any in Britain, have lost someone. My condolences to them.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 6:53 PM, Neeranam said:

Some pathetic people on this thread.

Drug addiction is an illness and causes sufferers to do things they wouldn't normally do.

Please show some compassion, this could happen to anyone.

He was a resident in Khon Keen some years ago, and clean at the time. I believe he had recently had a baby. RIP.

No it couldn't happen to anyone..........

by selling his evil wares he was causing more death and destruction.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The two things that baffle me are the police being out at "9pm" and a "patrol car". Neither of those two seem to be a trait of the BIB.

I've never seen the police patrolling anything, for months - years - let alone that time of night. They must have either been lost, or their car had broken down earlier.

I travel regularly  from Bangkok down to Pranburi, quite often there is a midnight onwards check point so they do this at nights.