Briton, 60, found with drugs dies fleeing police in Udon Thani

webfact

29 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

The issue, Tony, is that crystal meths (Ya Bah Ice) is a pure uncut version of methamphetamine not laced with caffeine as for Ya Bah - a 'lesser keep-awake' drug - and is highly addictive to the extreme in giving 'highs of invinciblety'.

Meth is highly addictive because it produces a large amount of the pleasure chemical dopamine in the brain. If left untreated, meth addiction can lead to mental illness, overdose and death.Victims are hooked and become addicts who would sell their nearest and dearest to obtain more.

For that reason, I cannot condone what this Brit did and for personal financial gain.   Karma for him, albeit sad for his family.

Except the quote did not come from Tony.There might be a bit of a technical issue here as someone (hopefully inadvertently) did the same thing to me on another thread.

I was amazed at times that foreigners openly discussed the purchase of marijuana in front of the Thai people as if they had some form of immunity-or thought they were among friends..

Some certainly appeared to be leading a form of double life and were in the process of crashing and burning-often in the most spectacular fashion.

Can't understand why he didn't simply stand his ground and negotiate instead of doing a pointless runner.  Pretty obvious they knew exactly who he was and what he was up to.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Can't understand why he didn't simply stand his ground and negotiate instead of doing a pointless runner.  Pretty obvious they knew exactly who he was and what he was up to.

Even Thai dealers doing a runner try to ditch any stuff along the way just like in the movies. Chances are a pursuing cop or review of cctv will catch where the stuff went out the window but if they don't then yes, the guy could take the chance and stand his "I'm innocent" ground knowing there's bugger all in the car.

One thing I learned from hanging with cocaine users is that some get intensely paranoid after snorting. maybe this guy wasn't just dealing but casually using as well?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Even Thai dealers doing a runner try to ditch any stuff along the way just like in the movies. Chances are a pursuing cop or review of cctv will catch where the stuff went out the window but if they don't then yes, the guy could take the chance and stand his "I'm innocent" ground knowing there's bugger all in the car.

One thing I learned from hanging with cocaine users is that some get intensely paranoid after snorting. maybe this guy wasn't just dealing but casually using as well?

Yes and if the cops were in an unmarked car you would have every reason to do a legal run. If I got in my car at night then suddenly a car put the lights on and followed me I would be very worried and I don't do drugs .  Except ciggies and paracetamol , alcohol etc but nothing illegal.

• Like 1

They were watching him to catch him on a right time perhaps. Big dealers report some smaller ones. By reporting smaller dealers they buy some insurance for own and cops will be rewarded as well for good working of course. 

By “the Theory” 

1 minute ago, The Theory said:

They were watching him to catch him on a right time perhaps. Big dealers report some smaller ones. By reporting smaller dealers they buy some insurance for own and cops will be rewarded as well for good working of course. 

By “the Theory” 

It's the way around. Small dealers report the bigger ones. Ever heard of that before?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Those are just Hollywood movies. Not the reality. ?

That's in no way from a Hollywood movie. Cops are not much interested in small dealers, they want to have the big fish. And little pressure in form of a few years Bang Kwang helps a lot. That's an International phenomenal. In theory, it's not much different. Lol. 

Edited by jenny2017

10 minutes ago, The Theory said:

By “the Theory” 

They've got his phone and I'm happy that I'm not one of his contacts. Just wait and see, it seems that some guys are a bit sweaty right now. Oh, the doorbell rings.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

They've got his phone and I'm happy that I'm not one of his contacts. Just wait and see, it seems that some guys are a bit sweaty right now. Oh, the doorbell rings.....

Very true. All they need is a swab to check for drugs and that's it. Your done.

• Like 1

Just now, jenny2017 said:

Perhaps time for a few weeks holiday now? 

Just makes you wonder how many more there are. Parading round pretending to be good souls whilst leading 2nd lives preying on other folks.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Just makes you wonder how many more there are. Parading round pretending to be good souls whilst leading 2nd lives preying on other folks.

I have never said that I was good.

Great maybe but never good.  :cheesy: