Card in the mail from 3BB

Suradit69

I just received a letter from 3BB. On the single page of paper sent there was a plastic card that could be separated from the letter and a bar code strip to peel off and stick on the card (which I probably put in the wrong place), but there was no explanation in English as to its purpose. Couldn't find anything in English on their website to explain it.

My guess is that you take the card to the bank to make monthly payments instead of receiving a monthly paper invoice. Last month I never got a paper bill, but took the previous bill to 7/Eleven to make the payment.

Anyone have any certainty as to the purpose of the card?

I'll have a Thai friend read the letter to see if that clears things up, but asking for a translation of something like this doesn't always result in a coherent explanation. ?

Thanks

We received the same last week.  It has my wife's phone number on and 3BB will send a text message to that number saying the bill is due.  Take the card and pay at your usual place when you receive the SMS.  The card should  be removed from the letter and a sticky cover (enclosed) is removed and put over the front of the card to protect it. 

We were also told that the bill was due on the 11th of each month so just pay then.

3BB might save a fortune in staff/paper/printing/envelope/postage costs with this idea.

13 minutes ago, lungbing said:

3BB might save a fortune in staff/paper/printing/envelope/postage costs with this idea.

Thanks a lot for the information.

I agree it makes sense and that's what I imagined it was intended to do (an explanation in English woul have been nice) but I wonder how many people (including me) will misplace the card eventually.

12 minutes ago, lungbing said:

and a sticky cover (enclosed) is removed and put over the front of the card to protect it. 

Do you mean the barcode strip? I didn't find anything else to put on the card.

3BB are rolling out their paperless e-billing. I got my payment card last month while I was out of the country and my wife used it already to pay last months bill.

I received a couple of SMS messages about internet disruption from 3BB a couple of days ago just about the same time as the kids started asking what was wrong with the internet. I checked and there was a red light on the modem but it all was back to normal a few hours later. Maybe they have initiated this network status SMS'ing to avoid the deluge of calls to 1530 when service does go tits up? Smart move!

I had no paper bill last month, so I visited 3BB office in Airport Plaza Chiangmai and the lady printed a card and gave it to me. She said you will receive a SMS at your number every month and just pay the bill at any 3BB offices or at 7-11 or bank or any place that accept payment showing the card.

This month I received the SMS last week to pay my bill before 7 July.

No more paper billing by mail.

Thanks, I got one of those too.  Here in Hua Hin they force every farang to pre-pay 12 months in advance each time, I don't think I'm due to pay again for several more months.  I'll check at the 3BB booth soon.

I have had this card for almost 1 year. The card has all the formation of your account. I take this card to a 3BB payment center, hand the card and the payment to the clerk. She scans the card and enters the payment on her computer. She hands back the card, your receipt and any change. They have payment centers at Robinson Mall and Big C in Surin. More convenient than paying ar the main office.

13 minutes ago, mwbrown said:

Thanks, I got one of those too.  Here in Hua Hin they force every farang to pre-pay 12 months in advance each time, I don't think I'm due to pay again for several more months.  I'll check at the 3BB booth soon.

3BB offers an 8% discount if you pay in advance for 12 months of service. They also include some kind of promotional gift. A few months ago it was a carry-on bag. 

25 minutes ago, mwbrown said:

I voluntarily pay 12 months in advance here in Samui because 3BB give 8% discount for advanced annual payment.

It might be worth checking it out.

Just noticed previous poster has mentioned the same thing.

1 hour ago, tweedledee2 said:

I have had this card for almost 1 year. The card has all the formation of your account. I take this card to a 3BB payment center, hand the card and the payment to the clerk. She scans the card and enters the payment on her computer. She hands back the card, your receipt and any change. They have payment centers at Robinson Mall and Big C in Surin. More convenient than paying ar the main office.

Why don't you just pay online via your Thai bank? 

22 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Thanks a lot for the information.

I agree it makes sense and that's what I imagined it was intended to do (an explanation in English woul have been nice) but I wonder how many people (including me) will misplace the card eventually.

Do you mean the barcode strip? I didn't find anything else to put on the card.

Your account details should already be on the front of the card, if the letter is the same as mine, plus a spare barcode copy, and a couple of QR codes, which also have your account details encoded into them. I guess you can just stick them onto something handy ? I do wish they had made the card a few mm smaller, so it fits into my wallet easier. I’m just wondering if all this will work at the 7/11 still ? 

4 hours ago, mwbrown said:

That's not true.  I've lived in HH for many years and have had 3BB in 3 separate addresses.  I've changed my contract 3 or 4 times.  I've never been asked for payment up front and pay monthly (actually within 7 days following the due date).  And the contract is in my name (farang).

And HH 3BB have been doing paperless payments for the best part of a year now.  I will get an SMS or a message through the internet reminding me when payment is due.

The amount you should pay is marked on the card, you can take it to any 7/11 they scan the barcode  then the amount comes on for them.

Good idea since I never get my bill consistent, especially during Songkran and a few month after usually.

My SCB android banking app can scan bar/ QR codes and I use it to pay for the car and water bill. Brings up the payee so I just have to enter the amount and job's done. Has anyone tried that with the 3bb card? I'm with them but haven't received a card yet. 

I, too, did not receive an invoice from 3BB for June and also paid at Tesco, using the previous month's bill.

I heard a rumour about a new "card" system, but have heard nothing from 3BB in the post or by email.

This sums up the way in which these types of companies (such as a certain TV service company, for example) treat their customers.

There is no excuse for not advising us, since I always used to receive an emailed invoice several weeks in advance, followed by one in the post, so why can't they advise us of any change in procedure?  They just know of course that if we do not pay on time, they can simply cut off the service. so it is up to us, apparently, to find out the new means to pay.  Great customer relations.

4 hours ago, HHTel said:

That's not true.  I've lived in HH for many years and have had 3BB in 3 separate addresses.  I've changed my contract 3 or 4 times.  I've never been asked for payment up front and pay monthly (actually within 7 days following the due date).  And the contract is in my name (farang).

And HH 3BB have been doing paperless payments for the best part of a year now.  I will get an SMS or a message through the internet reminding me when payment is due.

Yes, but that still means that you cannot pay locally at Tesco for example, and might have to travel several kms just to pay their paperless bill.

18 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

3BB offers an 8% discount if you pay in advance for 12 months of service. They also include some kind of promotional gift. A few months ago it was a carry-on bag.  

Yes i always pay 12 months in advance and get the discount. It's not such a big amount and saves messing about every month. It's not like there are any alternatives so unlikely to ever switch from 3 BB.

On 6/30/2018 at 6:49 PM, MikeN said:

Your account details should already be on the front of the card, if the letter is the same as mine, plus a spare barcode copy, and a couple of QR codes, which also have your account details encoded into them. I guess you can just stick them onto something handy ? I do wish they had made the card a few mm smaller, so it fits into my wallet easier. I’m just wondering if all this will work at the 7/11 still ? 

Yes, there was a bit in English ... something to do with clear plastic to be stuck to the card to protect it ... I didn't find anything like that. After I pulled the bar code sticker off the letter and discovered there was no space indicated for it on the card, I just stuck it on the side opposite to the one already printed on the card for lack of knowing what else to do with it.

Will give it a go at 7/Eleven or Krung Thai bank in a few weeks. Hopefully by then the clerks will have had some experience with them.

10 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Yes, there was a bit in English ... something to do with clear plastic to be stuck to the card to protect it ... I didn't find anything like that. After I pulled the bar code sticker off the letter and discovered there was no space indicated for it on the card, I just stuck it on the side opposite to the one already printed on the card for lack of knowing what else to do with it.

Will give it a go at 7/Eleven or Krung Thai bank in a few weeks. Hopefully by then the clerks will have had some experience with them.

Peel the clear plastic that is on the other side of the letter and affix to the front of the card, then push the card out from the letter.

On 6/30/2018 at 7:08 PM, HHTel said:

Sorry, let me rephrase.  I've been forced to pay 12 months upfront each time.  I do get the 8% discount but the ladies at the 3BB booth at Market Village made it very clear to me that all farangs have to pay 12 months up front.  Given this is Thailand, I do believe we can get different policies and answers depending on the day we walk up or the staff we talk with.

On 6/30/2018 at 7:08 PM, HHTel said:

Same for me, 1 month at a time.

Problem with paperless, I no longer have proof of address from a utility bill (dated in past 3 months) which many financial institutions require.

Last month normal bill, July is my first paperless bill.

On 7/2/2018 at 10:47 AM, BritManToo said:

Same for me, 1 month at a time.

Problem with paperless, I no longer have proof of address from a utility bill (dated in past 3 months) which many financial institutions require.

Last month normal bill, July is my first paperless bill.

If you go to the members area on their website and login you will see your account history. If I remember right you can request an invoice if you need it. You can also challenge the balance and if you wish,pay online.

Archived