Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

18 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Only appears to happen to you tebee.

Might be time to come to the conclusion that what you consider to be sources are actually sources of '' Fake news '' and that is why they keep getting getting deleted.

Raab, the newly appointed  Bexit negotiator says: “Leaving the European Union involves challenge and opportunity. We need to rise to the challenge and grasp the opportunities.

Technological revolutions and scientific transformations are driving major changes in the global economy. In line with our modern industrial strategy, this government is determined to make sure the UK is ready to lead the industries of the future and seize the opportunities of global trade.

At the same time, we need to cater for the deeply integrated supply chains that criss-cross the UK and the EU, and which have developed over our 40 years of membership.

The plan outlined in this white paper (circulated by May to the cabinet and agreed) delivers this balance.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

Brilliant satire coming from a remainer ??

You do understand the reason that she is called Priti ( Vacant ) Patel ?

Ah! - maybe that's why she supports Brexit!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Raab, is the newly appointed '' Brexit Secretary ''

Olly Robbins is the UK's '' Brexit Negotiator ''

So much faith by remainers in an article ( from where ? ) that cannot get his title correct and cannot spell Brexit ??

Did that come from jonny aged 5 from the crayon monthly ??

You look it up mr know-it-all - just google the text, as jonny aged 5 from the crayon monthly could do. Apart from that, TM states in today's media she will take a more hands-on role in the negotiations, which I'm sure will involve Raab as well as Robbins. Otherwise, what's the point of appointing a Brexiteer?

12 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

You look it up mr know-it-all -

I do not need to look anything up.

What do we know about Dominic Raab, and what does it tell us about how he might approach his new job as Brexit secretary? 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/11/dominic-raab-ideologue-rights-eu-brexit

Can you read that ? It says '' Brexit Secretary '' the same title David Davis had.

You might want to read the rest of the article. It throws up some of Raab's more interesting ideas ??

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Personally I think the UK is capable of making it's own rules, and doesn't need rules imposed on it by an outside entity made up of overpaid egotistical civil servants.

Of course the UK can make its own rules, didn't work very well in the past but that is another issue.

Currently the UK trades under EU agreements but for some strange reason some think that with reduced clout and their back against the wall the UK can get a better deal. It would be some assumption to think that UK trade negotiators are better than the EU considering their experience and the UK lack of it.

Currently goods that require standard confirmation trade under the CE mark, a UK equivalent is not going to happen overnight and would have to be in regulatory alignment with the CE mark. Some may see that as making as making your own rules, although dictated by an outside entity.

Either way, these "own rules" would not make things easier for UK business.

Of course what has business got to do with it, jobs are nothing more than collateral damage.

His comments are the latest in an ongoing row between Brexiteers and business leaders, which hit fever pitch when Boris Johnson reportedly declared "f*** business" after warnings over the consequences of a no-deal exit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-cbi-brexit-business-uk-economy-forecast-a8443056.html

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

It's beginning to make sense - you not only heed twitter comments, but also consider them a source?

I post them as opinions - you are free to have your own too you know.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Why ?

Are you struggling to form your own opinion ?

Oh I have very strong opinions of my own 

You might have noticed....

16 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Of course the UK can make its own rules, didn't work very well in the past but that is another issue.

Currently the UK trades under EU agreements but for some strange reason some think that with reduced clout and their back against the wall the UK can get a better deal. It would be some assumption to think that UK trade negotiators are better than the EU considering their experience and the UK lack of it.

Currently goods that require standard confirmation trade under the CE mark, a UK equivalent is not going to happen overnight and would have to be in regulatory alignment with the CE mark. Some may see that as making as making your own rules, although dictated by an outside entity.

Of course what has business got to do with it, jobs are nothing more than collateral damage.

His comments are the latest in an ongoing row between Brexiteers and business leaders, which hit fever pitch when Boris Johnson reportedly declared "f*** business" after warnings over the consequences of a no-deal exit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-cbi-brexit-business-uk-economy-forecast-a8443056.html

Nobody said we could get a better deal. Of course CE can happen immediately; we already conform to it.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sandyf said:

"Of course what has business got to do with it, jobs are nothing more than collateral damage."

I apologise for 'cherry-picking' one sentence, but big business leaders only care about themselves and how to increase THEIR salaries.  The evidence to support this POV is overwhelming IMO.

We have cedric brown... (a prime example, who was more than happy to reduce the workforce to increase his own salary....) /out-sourcing to countries with even cheaper labour/constant 're-structuring' of companies and the like, to reduce the salary of those at the bottom/middle of the chain etc. etc. ?.

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Actually I didn't notice.

I could never make up my mind what was YOUR opinion and what you had stolen from elsewhere.

0235B99.jpg

26 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Actually I didn't notice.

I could never make up my mind what was YOUR opinion and what you had stolen from elsewhere.

If there is a significant convergence of minds, why strike out alone and create something new if the perfect example already exists? An apt metaphor for the EU and Brexit, don't you think?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If there is a significant convergence of minds, why strike out alone and create something new if the perfect example already exists? An apt metaphor for the EU and Brexit, don't you think?

That.

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

You think that there is a convergence of minds between the UK and the EU ??

In fact, the only thing I can say to that is:

?????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

You think that there is a convergence of minds between the UK and the EU ??

In fact, the only thing I can say to that is:

?????

Well there is with half the UK