Rescuers about to reach 'Pattaya Beach' chamber of Tham Luang Cave

webfact

22 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

So I hope they find them safe. But all aside when they do, I sincerely hope Prayuth and Prawit don't say: We did it! 

Then I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. It will be carefully and indirectly done, but it will be done.

Edited by KiwiKiwi

Lets just find the kids. Anyone take a guess at what time they’ll get into the cave? I sure as heck they go to the caves at the right too.... my guess is they’re there - as its closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Only the tunnels between are full of water, not the caverns!!! If they are where they think they are they will be dry..

Anyway, no need for bickering, lets just hope they find them soon..
No bickering, we all have opinions about this, if they are alive it will be a modern day miracle!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, I wonder said:

Comon fellas cut the petty bickering out and allow the people that care about the fate of these kids care in the way they wish beit through prayer, public gatherings of support  or simply staying positive and encouraging others to do the same.

?

Agreed. Let the ambulance-chasers have adequate opportunity to express their caring credentials and sort out their status in the group. It's important for their sense of well-being. They don't need to *do* anything, but that isn't the point after all.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Mate, people have survived in caves for much longer than this, they are fit young lads. Sure there might be some bad news, but lets wait and see what they find before the doom and gloom..
Yes people correctly equipped for cave exploration maybe have survived for longer, let's prey for good news!!

• Like 1

About the trapped ones being at Pattaya beach in the cave, that is not where the experts think they are. It's where they hope they are, it's where they have guessed they might be (insinuating perhaps if they aren't there, then hope is probably all gone). The main good news so far is that no bodies have been found. 

Of course everyone hopes that they will all be saved, but at this point that would be in the "miracle" category of events. 

Edited by Jingthing

Fingers crossed for a good result ..

As long as they have water to drink they will be OK  !

And please no more bullshit about a media circus ...

The world needed to know ,that is why so many countries have given support and technology !

Major source of floodwater to cave found – and diverted to farmland

By The Nation

A team of 100 forestry officials, irrigation officials and local resident volunteers on Monday morning found a major source feeding floodwater into the Tham Luang cave where the 12 young footballers and their coach assistant have been trapped since June 23.

The water has already been diverted onto nearby farmland after the group’s days-long search for major sources of water entering the cave paid off, said Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation deputy director-general Chongkhlai Voraphongston on Monday. Chongkhlai and other department officials participated in the task.

The move could help reduce the amount of water pouring into the cave by 60 per cent, he said,

Local farmers and residents had previously agreed to water being diverted to their lands to aid in the search. But the amount of water diverted from this source will not cause flooding of farms, said Chongkhlai.

The group will continue to search for additional, though smaller water sources that feed into the cave and divert them away, Chongkhlai said.

Major rainstorms are expected to return to the area on Wednesday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30349121

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-02
  • Thanks 1

That's kind of misleading. Based on the pictures the boys are mostly already very lean with little body fat. It's not a matter of losing weight so much as having any reserves to survive on. Being lean and fit means they have less time to survive with no food. But I think in normal conditions (dry, temperature OK, clean drinking water, not in darkness) none would have starved to death by now. But their conditions if alive are anything but normal and they face (or faced) multiple other serious risks other than starvation. 
Good point. They are lean but they are also not moving. Calories burnt would be minimal but they would still feel like they are starving to death. Hopefully the coach understands how the body works and has calmed them
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

from the Thai Seals. 766 oxygen tanks.

DhD9UutU0AAEDzi.jpg large.jpg

I doubt very much that they are “oxygen tanks”.  Pure oxygen is extremely flammable and will go up with a tiny spark. Highly dangerous. 

They’re highly likely to be air tanks. Compressed air like we use in SCUBA diving. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

from the Thai Seals. 766 oxygen tanks.

DhD9UutU0AAEDzi.jpg large.jpg

These are Air tanks, and it is by the looks of it a plain air compressor 
at shallow depth working hard probably good for 2 to 4 hours .
oxygen in closed environment can be dangerous as it facilitates fires, and the tanks would be green.
green banded for oxygen enriched tanks..

Edited by KKr
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

The food is not the problem, Hypothermia is the problem, a week without food plus constantly wet and cold, little or no hope for the lads! saying that there is always hope until all hope is lost!

Another main problem could also be the lack of sleep!

14 minutes ago, macca3248 said:

And please no more bullshit about a media circus ...

The world needed to know ,that is why so many countries have given support and technology ! 

True enough, the world did need to know, but that wasn't the principle reason for the media scrum.

• Like 1

Less Rain Forecasted As Cave Search Continues

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__55230622-696x522.jpg

Navy divers search Tham Luang Nang Non on Friday (Photo provided by the authorities)

BANGKOK — The national weather agency said more rainfall is expected countrywide from Wednesday but that Chiang Rai could be spared, as the search for a dozen boys and their football coach lost in a cave reaches day 10.

The forecast for the week from the Meteorological Department said Monday that weather could continue to be in a favor of rescue teams. Weather conditions have been a major obstacle to the search and rescue operation at the 10 kilometer-deep Tham Luang Nang Non, where the group went missing June 23. Rain has stopped over the last two days and eased the flood blocking the way.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/07/02/less-rain-forecasted-as-cave-search-continues/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-07-02

The recent post above calling for diving volunteers really confuses me because of the sketch map.  It shows that the tunnel is not 100% underwater, but has air pockets along its narrow length, followed by a large cavern at chamber #3.

I can understand that the boys might have been forced to retreat along this narrow tunnel as water levels rose.  But if that was the case, why did they then not camp out in chamber #3?  Surely it would have been psychologically very disturbing to leave that large open (and dry) cavern to re-enter a narrow tunnel which they knew was leading them still further away from the cave entrance?

Something seems really strange about all these events.  I hope that my feelings are wrong and that the boys are soon found alive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The psychological stress of that situation is almost beyond imagination. 

Tchooptip said:

Another main problem could also be the lack of sleep!

I think the time of psychological stress is over. After 1 or 2 days with panic they will probably be in a state of apathy, like half asleep. Most emotions shut down and not caring much about what is going on.

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 1

Just now, simon43 said:

The recent post above calling for diving volunteers really confuses me because of the sketch map.  It shows that the tunnel is not 100% underwater, but has air pockets along its narrow length, followed by a large cavern at chamber #3.

Maybe the water level has subsided now? I'm wondering what happened to the "supplies" they floated in, looking at this sketch it would take more than luck to have reached them!

• Like 1