Junta figures deny using power to gain poll edge

webfact

By THE NATION

5387e451c2c01c6c7c6c0ea8e8c7fa8d.jpeg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha

KEY JUNTA figures yesterday shrugged off a Pheu Thai Party accusation that the government is using its power to gain an advantage ahead of the next general election.

Pheu Thai claimed that government figures allowed a pro-Prayut group to make political moves freely while other parties are being restricted by the junta ban on political activities.

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said the government figures accused by Pheu Thai did nothing wrong.

“I have no party. Why did they link me to this matter? I didn’t do anything. They may complain if they like. We have not done anything wrong,” said Prawit, who is also the defence minister and a leader of the ruling junta’s National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO).

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said that he has not joined any political group or party.

Pheu Thai filed its complaint with the EC on Monday, alleging that a political group called Sam Mit (Three Friends) was wooing former MPs to join a new political party named Palang Pracharat, which supports Prayut’s return |as head of a post-election government. 

Pheu Thai politician Suchart Lainam-ngoen, who filed the petition on the party’s behalf, said many government figures are behind Palang Pracharat, including Prawit and Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak.

“Although Palang Pracharat has not yet officially become a political party, it is taking advantage over other parties,” Suchart said.

He claimed that the accused |government figures had violated the Constitution by abusing their power in encouraging Sam Mit leaders and veteran politicians Suriya Juengruangruangkit and Somsak Thepsuthin to persuade former members of parliament to defect to Palang Pracharat. 

Suchart also said Suriya and Somsak violated the Political Party Act by offering benefits to former MPs in exchange for future defections.

Prawit also said that the junta would lift its ban on political activities only after the prime minister meets party representatives in September.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30349236

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-04

Good for the PTP for going public about this; I hope other parties will do the same. There isn't anything wrong with going after other parties' members as long as each party is able to do the same.

The problem, as noted above, is that all parties are not able to operate in the same manner. In short, the Junta and its allies are cheating cheaters who cheat, and they are cheating now in poaching other parties members while deny the same right to all. The pro-Democracy parties (all of them) really need to start speaking up about the unfairness of the political process and start making noise on how they will consider the election (whenever that is) to be illegitimate because of cheating; the one and only reason the Junta is even considering an election is that they need the legitimacy that flows from one, so that is their weak point. Hammer this point again and again soon, or accept that the consequence that you have given legitimacy to people who do not deserve it by your actions and silence.

They truly are cheating cheaters who cheat, and the best defense against cheaters is transparency.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Edited by Samui Bodoh
Lack of coffee
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I didn't know it was a disinfectant, I thought it was a washing up liquid?

No that is "Fairy".

Someone once told me that they had fairies at the bottom of their garden. I thought that was a strange place to keep your washing up liquid, and anyway we've got dustbins at the bottom of ours...

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Pheu Thai just can't stand the thought of anyone else cheating! They think that's only their right 555!

You don't see the difference in cheating with immunity with full protection of bent laws and aligned corruption agencies. You can't think with closed mind BB. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JAG said:

No that is "Fairy".

Someone once told me that they had fairies at the bottom of their garden. I thought that was a strange place to keep your washing up liquid, and anyway we've got dustbins at the bottom of ours...

The dustbins must be home to an awful lot of fairies, small as they apparently are  (the fairies, not the dustbins).

For people who are not scared and not worried about MP's defecting the PTP is making an awful lot of noise. Its ironic to see the mercenary MP members switching sides when they get a better offer. I can only say Thaksin is getting a piece of his own medicine using MP's to stay with him for money.. now it backfires. 

I have no bone in this fight.. I dislike both sides equally.. would be nice if they destroy each-other and a third party wins. 

I am real curious about the election results (whenever that will be). Personally I think the PTP will lose votes (not seats they will lose those for sure under the new system). But I am more interested to see how many votes they lose as what I heard there are a lot of defectors in south Isarn. The big question is will the votes follow them. That is the interesting part.

As i understand the Junta is doing anything to stay in power!!!!!!!!

This country dont need elections as it is defenetly not a fair election at all!

It would be great all people dont vote !!!!!!!!

How the Junta can demand that a new governent has to follow up the next 20 years the decessions the Junta has maid!

So why you need electrians: just to show the world you want to be a democratic country. Thailand is and will be far from that in the next ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

now it backfires

How can a one-sided deal that the opposition cannot challenge backfire?

The PTP can not legally compete for party leaders while pro-military parties are allowed to do so contrary to the current law. But it seems you agree with "mercenary MP members" switching sides for monetary gain.

Just now, Srikcir said:

How can a one-sided deal that the opposition cannot challenge backfire?

The PTP can not legally compete for party leaders while pro-military parties are allowed to do so contrary to the current law. But it seems you agree with "mercenary MP members" switching sides for monetary gain.

I think its fitting punishment .. how do you think he acquired these MP's in the first place. If they are as mercenary that they switch then they were paid for in the first place. Like what I and many members have always said Thaksin pays his members extra to keep them under control. The problem with that is if someone pays better they switch because money is the motivator.

So yes I think its funny and fitting punishment to see Thaksin his own breaking of the rules now back fires. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said that he has not joined any political group or party.

Nor has Prayut not dismissed the report that a new party called Palang Pracha Rath (Power of the Public State) reportedly is seeking Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha to become its chief adviser. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30340770

Prawit, who is also the defence minister and a leader of the ruling junta’s National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO)

Somebody better tell Prayut about his removal as Chief of the NCPO who continues to this day to issue NCPO Orders under Article 44.

The junta must think people are stupid. If using 100 billion baht of Thai Niyom slush fund money to buy votes and using an army of civil servants to support the the PM's election caravan around the country  is not "using power to gain political edge" then what is. All this while other parties are forced by junta law to sit around and wait for the starters gun to go. 

Hypocrites of the highest order. Trust them at your peril.

Edited by Cadbury
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, robblok said:

For people who are not scared and not worried about MP's defecting the PTP is making an awful lot of noise.

PTP is making noise about the double standards of the junta in engaging in political activities and outside influence. Ahbisit said the same and asked the EC to launch a probe. Those politicians linked to the Sam Mitr group are not the incumbent politicians anymore and known for their corruption and being opportunists and will answered to the voters. Doubt PTP lose any sleep over them.  

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

PTP is making noise about the double standards of the junta in engaging in political activities and outside influence. Ahbisit said the same and asked the EC to launch a probe. Those politicians linked to the Sam Mitr group are not the incumbent politicians anymore and known for their corruption and being opportunists and will answered to the voters. Doubt PTP lose any sleep over them.  

Sure, Eric i seen many articles about this already.. they are worried otherwise they would not bring it up that these guys are being paid and defecting. I think its real fitting that so many defect shows that only Thaksin his money kept them there. Like i and so many others have always stated and you have denied. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sure, Eric i seen many articles about this already.. they are worried otherwise they would not bring it up that these guys are being paid and defecting. I think its real fitting that so many defect shows that only Thaksin his money kept them there. Like i and so many others have always stated and you have denied. 

Maybe you can showed some real evidence of them being paid by Thaksin, I may change my mind. By the way, being paid by a non party member is illegal; think you know that. 

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Maybe you can showed some real evidence of them being paid by Thaksin, I may change my mind. By the way, being paid by a non party member is illegal; think you know that. 

Yes i know that.. and this switching of sides when offered money combined with all the rumors about Thaksin paying shows enough. These rumors have been there for ages and this just confirms it. Sorry that it shatters your dream. Also Thaksin trying to rule the PTP (im sure you will be denying he is still the leader) is against the law too. Should disband the PTP right away for breaking the law unless Thaksin really takes a step back and cuts all ties. I wont see that happening. 

Its funny how you always ask for proof but for instance YL was convicted for negligence in the rice program and a court verdict is proof and you don't even accept that. While you yourself never seem to prove your points. 

Do not know who is cheating or who is not, but one thing for certain Junta is in no hurry to leave and if by some miracle they win an election , that would be the end of Thailand as we know it

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes i know that.. and this switching of sides when offered money combined with all the rumors about Thaksin paying shows enough. These rumors have been there for ages and this just confirms it. Sorry that it shatters your dream. Also Thaksin trying to rule the PTP (im sure you will be denying he is still the leader) is against the law too. Should disband the PTP right away for breaking the law unless Thaksin really takes a step back and cuts all ties. I wont see that happening. 

Its funny how you always ask for proof but for instance YL was convicted for negligence in the rice program and a court verdict is proof and you don't even accept that. While you yourself never seem to prove your points. 

Got it Rob. Rumour and you accept that as gospel if it fits your agenda. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Got it Rob. Rumour and you accept that as gospel if it fits your agenda. 

Yes Eric, logic is hard to understand for you. If people switch sides for money its highly likely they were paid before. I guess logic is also not your strong suit. Do you think those payments would be easy to trace as its illigal as you say. Can i see proof that the junta is bribing PTP members ? I mean that is rumor too but you accept it. You havent seen the payment just like I havent seen the payment from Thaksin. Funny how you accept one side.. but not the other.  Must be red logic.

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Rumour is defined as circulating story of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Logic is reasoning conducted according to strict principles of validity.

You seem confused with rumour and logic. 

But your totally avoiding the point I made because you can't talk your way out of it.

You seem to believe the story of MP's being bribed without seeing real proof (you havent seen any nothing has been presented), but you don't seem to accept Thaksin paying his MP's because I can't show you proof.

Do explain the difference between the two. Because there is no proof for either but you seem to accept things without proof if it suits you but once it goes against your beliefs you don't seem to accept it.

Please explain how you can justify that. I on the other hand believe both stories because its logical. 

I guess you won't give a straight answer because.. you just cannot justify it.

Just now, Anak Nakal said:

You say not like both sides, but only say bad thing about Thaksin.

I say you hypocrite!

You can say what you want, if you look at my posts you will find many bad things about the junta. Unlike many here I am not blind. Thaksin is evil and so is the junta.

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

You don't see the difference in cheating with immunity with full protection of bent laws and aligned corruption agencies. You can't think with closed mind BB. 

Like when Pheu Thai were in Government and  used Tharit and the DSI as a political tool you mean?

I don't think any government has the monopoly on this, they all do it.