All Aussie Related Stuff (excluding the old age pension)

1 hour ago, ELVIS123456 said:

But he is right (again) and hopefully he will get Turnbull and his mob thrown out before the next election. 

I had always assumed that the Libs/Nats would always do the right thing by those that had worked and paid taxes all their life - and that Labor/Greens would always look after those who were on welfare (and newbies to the country).  What has become clear is that while Lab/Greens still look after their own, the Libs and Nats under Turnbull has abandoned their traditional base and now see us as an 'expense' and are looking for ways to reduce their budget costs by taking away our OAP entitlements, and also changing things on Super to also save costs. If anyone wants a list of those negative changes I suggest you seacrh google - there has been plenty over the last few years.

And there has been even worse attempted by the Libs/Nats (like OAP at 70) but thankfully Labs and Greens in the Sernate have blocked them. Hate to say it, but the old adage that the Libs/Nats only look after the 'big' end of towe is very clearly their preferred strategy going forward with Turnbull in charge.  If Turnbull stays on the Libs/Nats will probably lose the next election.  And they will definitewly have lost my vote - for the first time since 1983. 

For what it's worth, both mainstream parties lost the plot years ago from my perspective, it's the new age, the debt bubble is bursting and like you say, the top end are the only ones who are getting looked after, I mean seriously, how can you have a Prime Minister run the country when he has his companies offshore to avoid paying tax in his country, President Trump is another, why the hell do we want rich politicians running our countries, to fill their pockets more, the latest Barrier Reef Fund, 440 million dollars over a 6 year term given to a small private company in one hit, go figure !!!

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2
On 8/13/2018 at 12:27 PM, Lacessit said:

Yes it did. However, I'm a bit cheesed off if I was classed as a non-resident, I would not get that lovely tax refund on the franking credits.

A way to circumvent missing out is to stick it into an Australian superfund and afaik you will continue to receive the credits. There are limits though.

I think you can contribute $100K/year if a certain age or you can "bring forward" 3 years worth up to $300K.

Edited by BaanOz

Is Australian Parliment going the way of Italy?

I remember years ago voting for Don Chipp: "Keep the bastards honest"  disappointed.

A while ago puting faith in Nick's party, disappointed again.

So now I am going to start my own party!

It will be called "You are all a bunch of  dickheads". [ Pollies not the public].

Vote for us and any dissendents will be executed.

• Haha 2
17 hours ago, Freed1948 said:

Is Australian Parliment going the way of Italy?

I remember years ago voting for Don Chipp: "Keep the bastards honest"  disappointed.

A while ago puting faith in Nick's party, disappointed again.

So now I am going to start my own party!

It will be called "You are all a bunch of  dickheads". [ Pollies not the public].

Vote for us and any dissendents will be executed.

You've got my vote, oh sorry, I just remembered, non residents can't vote, they made sure of that oi

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

You've got my vote, oh sorry, I just remembered, non residents can't vote, they made sure of that oi

You can, and I have, if you maintain a residence in OZ.

But then how can you vote for the imbeciles who are currently are canvassing for your vote?

Christ the current populace of the zoos in OZ are more worthy of running the country the  this lot in Canberra!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Regarding Australian electricity prices. The problem is selling the state run power to private.  The only way is to buy it back and run it for the people.  Agreed? I watch the news and see so much Cooky talk.  Policy this policy that.  Plan this plan that. Agreement this agreement that. 
Peeing in the wind.  Fun for a child but I can tell you one thing for sure.
GO SOLAR and do it yesterday. 

State governments reaped billions on the sale of these entities despite underinvestment in poles and wires for decades.

The companies have had to make up for that lack of investment. They wouldn’t sell them back to governments if they weren’t going to recoup their investment. No state or federal government could afford to buy them back - nor should they.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, SplitInfinitive said:

Billions?

Could we have some examples of sale prices for former state owned public utilities please?

I know that South Australia came out of it with the highest electricity prices in the world.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-28/sa-has-most-expensive-power-prices-in-the-world/8658434

Not everyone. Those with solar get free electricity.

In Victoria my friend just installed a 6.5kw system for 4,500 dollars thanks to government rebates and the state government announced will give a further 2,000 so he ends up paying 2500. I'm not sure exactly on these details . It was info sent via email from friend. Check on advertisements and .gov websites to make sure.

The government can't afford argument makes me smile. Of course they could buy back the power grid and setup an efficient system. They order money from the printers get hard working honest people and get to work with rules like no BMWs and stupid high salaries for anybody.

Sorry, I'm a commy born and bred. For the people by the people.

Billions?
Could we have some examples of sale prices for former state owned public utilities please?

I know that South Australia came out of it with the highest electricity prices in the world.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-28/sa-has-most-expensive-power-prices-in-the-world/8658434

In the case of NSW it was $16 Billion.
IMG_6041.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, faranglopburi said:

Sorry to change the subject but I'm curious what do expats do for medical coverage while on a spouse visa? I don't suppose farangs can join the Thai "gold card" scheme, so I'm assuming you take out some sort of insurance? Is it a policy from a company based in Thailand or Aus?

Have you had a look at the Insurance forum?

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/121-insurance-in-thailand/

I understand a driver (in Qld/NSW/Vic) CAN legally use a map App (GPS) on the their phone whilst driving -providing the phone is mounted and a single button only is ever quickly pushed. If so, will you be sent an infringement notice if the new camera snaps you the moment you’re quickly pushing that single button? If you do receive said notice, how would you prove that you weren’t texting??

That is a good question ..found this ...

New South Wales: Smartphone must be securely mounted in a bracket without obscuring your field of view. Law does not specify whether you can or cannot interact with your smartphone. Though this suggests that it's legal, you may find interpretation is up to the discretion of a police officer.
South Australia: Smartphone must be securely mounted in a bracket. Driver's can't touch the smartphone while operating the vehicle

Tasmania: Smartphone must be securely mounted in a bracket. Driver cannot touch the smartphone while operating the vehicle.

Western Australia: Smartphone must be securely mounted in a bracket. Driver cannot touch the smartphone while operating the vehicle.

Queensland: Smartphone must be securely mounted in a bracket without obscuring your field of view. This also applies to P2 drivers. Law does not specify whether you can or cannot interact with your smartphone. Though this suggests that it's legal, you may find interpretation is up to the discretion of a police officer

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, kevvy said:

That is a good question ..found this ...

New South Wales: Smartphone must be securely mounted in a bracket without obscuring your field of view. Law does not specify whether you can or cannot interact with your smartphone. Though this suggests that it's legal, you may find interpretation is up to the discretion of a police officer.
South Australia: Smartphone must be securely mounted in a bracket. Driver's can't touch the smartphone while operating the vehicle

Tasmania: Smartphone must be securely mounted in a bracket. Driver cannot touch the smartphone while operating the vehicle.

Western Australia: Smartphone must be securely mounted in a bracket. Driver cannot touch the smartphone while operating the vehicle.

Queensland: Smartphone must be securely mounted in a bracket without obscuring your field of view. This also applies to P2 drivers. Law does not specify whether you can or cannot interact with your smartphone. Though this suggests that it's legal, you may find interpretation is up to the discretion of a police officer

Im guessing Victoria same as NSW, but in Victoria also you need permission to breathe.

3 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Im guessing Victoria same as NSW, but in Victoria also you need permission to breathe.

heh, that is my home state ...but you are right ....They are thinking of bringing in a tax ...for people with big noses as they breath more air in.

• Haha 1