Monk Who Predicted Thai Cave Rescue Hailed for ‘Intervention’

webfact

I for one am glad he was correct.  I'm not saying I think he actually received any knowledge of it.  But you can bet your booty, he's going to be rolling in dough for awhile.  (rolling my eyes).. 

11 hours ago, tropo said:

I didn't think this nonsense was worth dissecting, but since you're eager:

On his departure, the monk told Thai journalists, “They are all still there; they will be found in one or two days,” according to Thai media.

1. They are still there: Brilliant. Probably more than a 50% chance they were still in the caves. More like 100%.

2. They will be found in one or two days: I don't know. What day did he make his amazing prediction?

3. They are still alive. 50/50, either they are alive or they are not.

There was no mention of "Pattaya beach" in the article. I was only going on what was presented in the story.

If there was one person then them being alive or not is a 50-50, as there are 13 of them, it is not.

25 minutes ago, johnsuma01 said:

ROFL.  It was 50% yes 50% no!!!

Please great monk what are the next number for loto or lotery?

I will share with you 50/50 ok.

Thanks so much.

Hope he can read. lol

even if he can't read, he can 100% predict what you meant!:giggle:

or maybe among all the powers he possesses, one is ability to speak ALL languages of past, present and future !

How far into the cave did he trek? 
How many hours of labour, effort and suffering did he put in, in a bid to rescue them? 
How much of his money and free time did he spend to try and find them? 
How was his efforts related to the rescue itself? 

So why is he being hailed again? 
Real Buddhist monks who practice the Buddha Dharma properly, do not busy themselves with such nonsense 

Edited by Easy Come Easy Go

1 minute ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

{snipped}
Real Buddhist monks who practice the Buddha Dharma properly, do not busy themselves with such nonsense 

Absolutely. I might get slated for this, but:

Thai Buddhism - an oxymoron

17 hours ago, poohy said:

What utter tripe :coffee1:

can he do anything useful?

lottery tickets

exchange rates hedging 

stocks and shares tips

horse racing bets

oh for starters i have lost my house key...tis where?

I predict that it will turn up in 2 or 3 days 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

How about  congratulating the ‘Farang’ who actually did find them. 

You know farang are only atm machines and are never right. 

That’s exactly why this popped up to deflect that news away and make it all about Thailand. Fortunately, for them though, all we actually cared about was the well being of the missing lads. Sad how other agendas attempt to jump on the band wagon of success. Most Thais think it was the Thai Navy seals who found the boys first and now the Monk predicting they would be found. Let’s just pretend it was all done by the Thai operation and let the foreign volunteers get on with rescuing the boys back to daylight while the others get on with wai-ing each other in the mud in front of the cameras.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The main reason I moved here in the first place at the ripe age of 21, was because I was a practicing Buddhist at the time. I had never travelled to Asia before, and in my mind (a naive one) I envisioned Thailand to be full of practising wise Buddhists. The reality is that Buddhism has been skewed and distorted here, it is more a form of mysticism and a chance to gain fortune and 'luck' - it's sad 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SABloke said:

No refund, as you clearly have not looked in the last place yet. It is there.

ive been dead 3  weeks....it aint here either

Edited by kannot
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

If there was one person then them being alive or not is a 50-50, as there are 13 of them, it is not.

It wasn't Schrödinger's cave. 50/50 chance of survival was never accurate. The ETA of rescue, and the very high chance of survival of all 13 (based on prior knowledge of similar situations generally, and of this cave system specifically) had already been explained by experts.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I have said all the time that they would be rescued.

When do i get my headline article?

So the Navy SEALS, the Brit experts, Thai army, all a waste of time. The monk could just have prayed the kids out of the cave. Who needs intelligence and engineering when you have a monk?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

That’s exactly why this popped up to deflect that news away and make it all about Thailand. Fortunately, for them though, all we actually cared about was the well being of the missing lads. Sad how other agendas attempt to jump on the band wagon of success. Most Thais think it was the Thai Navy seals who found the boys first and now the Monk predicting they would be found. Let’s just pretend it was all done by the Thai operation and let the foreign volunteers get on with rescuing the boys back to daylight while the others get on with wai-ing each other in the mud in front of the cameras.

the  same hole that these brave boys are gonna be brought out to daylight should be utilized for an all-inclusive 2 week deep cave vacation for the crook monk , fake-news media with their equipment and all idiots and politicians who are trying to take advantage of this unfortunate and deadly situation

Edited by pattayadude
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

spotlight on a local monk who had earlier predicted that the group would be found alive.

Headline 'Monk Who Predicted Thai Cave Rescue Hailed for ‘Intervention’

Alive and rescue is not the same thing! Typical news media, don't let the truth get in the way of a good eye catching headline/story. :whistling:

2 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:
42 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The main reason I moved here in the first place at the ripe age of 21, was because I was a practicing Buddhist at the time. I had never travelled to Asia before, and in my mind (a naive one) I envisioned Thailand to be full of practising wise Buddhists. The reality is that Buddhism has been skewed and distorted here, it is more a form of mysticism and a chance to gain fortune and 'luck' - it's sad 

An interesting point you've made.

I'm an atheist, but it doesn't mean I'm not interested in finding out out Buddhism. The little I've read about it generally, there are lot who say that Thai Buddhism is a mix of many different things, and the Buddhists here automatically follow anyone in an orange robe, who get 'respect' by what they wear, not by earning it through good deeds.

The way I see it, too many Thai Buddhists will follow it blindly, not questioning everything, as the Buddha apparently suggested they should do.

19 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

The reality is that Buddhism has been skewed and distorted here, it is more a form of mysticism and a chance to gain fortune and 'luck' - it's sad 

that goes for all religions my friend! sadly so.

• Like 1

Yeah, been waiting for this kind of thing to happen. I won't repeat what others here have already said. If he felt so right why didn't the monk don diving equipment and show them where...yeah I know, he hasn't had dive training. Aaaahg...

15 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

We were told they would most likely be at Pattaya Beach, that is what we were all hoping for, were we all hoping they had drowned?

...who said that?

?

3 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Yeah, been waiting for this kind of thing to happen. I won't repeat what others here have already said. If he felt so right why didn't the monk don diving equipment and show them where...yeah I know, he hasn't had dive training. Aaaahg...

Surely he could meditate his way there in an instant.

• Haha 1

Takes the foreigner's out of the picture that were involved in the rescue; gets the Thai's back to the front page. Unfortunately the police involved must have lost face when outsiders got some of the glory. 

Apart form this it is a good day for the boys and the real hero's that went into the cave and did the hard work. Their pictures need to be on the front page as they are the hero's.

11 hours ago, thenoilif said:

Well said.

Thailand is a Buddhist country and in many ways it helps to promote positive thinking among its followers. There’s not a whole lot of

negative things one can really say abou it’s core teachings, unlike many western ideologies. I think that a lot of people on here could definitely use some of that given the amount of depressing viewpoints that are expressed in every thread.

Thanks for another lecture on how to life our lives! 

"Thailand is a Buddhist country" ...now that is a stretch!

The "western ideologies" give a lot of people strength, too! Doesn't make them any less worth then the phony Thai believe in little fairies, that live in trees and need a little house and lots of Strawberry- Fanta!

...and by the way "Religion poisons everything!"

All religions!

• Like 1