Denture adhesive - Polident rip off

notrub

I am fairly new to the world of a full top denture and mine is not one held in place by liquids in the mouth (mucus?) and am forced to use the only adhesive commonly sold in Thailand.  I won't  resort to expletives but how hard can it be to make a product that does what it says on the box?  At around 250 THB a tube it should work but it does not.  I buy Fixodent on ebay which is a powder and it does  work.  I cannot find it for sale in Thailand anywhere although I have found Fittydent and it is better but not by much.  lazada does not sell a powder and my dentist has never heard of powder waterproof adhesive.  Any help out there please?  I have some fixodent on the way but it has become lost in transit.  Thanks in advance.

how long did they wait from the extractions, before they measured/fitted?

Have the gums receded in the time following you being fitted?

Any gum irritations/ulcers happening due to denture movements from the loose fit?

Did you consider a fixed denture held permanently by multiple dental implants ? A fixed ceramic denture / full mouth bridge is like wearing a well fitting shoe where a old style denture is like you wearing a sandal . With that said think of chewing with a traditional denture like running with a sandal compared to a good fitting running shoe . A fixed top arch can be fitted with as little as 4 of the new short implants but if you wait too long wearing a loose fitting denture may limit your chances to have this better option as bone loss starts to accumulate from nothing in the bone ( as teeth are gone ) to keep it from shrinking as it does when teeth have been removed .

i use fixodent.

originally purchased from ebay. i now go back to the us once a year and stock up.

polident is made in Thailand, probably why you can not get another brand. funny, polident is cheaper in the U.S. than Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

My dentist suggested 2 implants maybe with bone graft for the upper.  Aside from 5 months of discomfort the cost will be about 120 k THB.    This dentist is very good and confident he could do what he says.  I am not insured for dental work but could pay, only the months of travel to Buriram etc..  he has just done 4 lower implants and they are good.