The BTS is so broken even its Twitter page no longer works

webfact

The BTS is so broken even its Twitter page no longer works

stak.jpg

FILE photo

After being besieged by technical problems that have caused major disruptions to its train services, the Twitter page for the Bangkok Mass Transit System has now also stopped working.

On Wednesday @BTS_SkyTrain mysteriously went offline.

bts.png

Bangkok’s Skytrain operator advised commuters to temporarily use @Btsskytrain2 until the official page could be restored.

Signalling error have caused widespread disruption to services in recent weeks, much to the anger of commuters.

BTSC, which operates the Skytrain, had said the issue had been fixed, but commuted faced more delays on Wednesday morning.

BTSC has now said that passengers who experience delays of more than 30 minutes for reasons not caused by force majeure can get their tickets refunded.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-05
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

It was always so dependable when we lived in BKK. We've only been away a little over a year.

Do you see any connection, oh my Lord ...?
?

42 minutes ago, CLW said:

I know this will never happen but for future train projects they should consider to give the concession to foreign owned or managed companies.
Because what is going on right now is simply a joke. And not even heads are rolling...

They have a long way to go. I don't think even the fresh 30-year contract has yet kicked in. 

Someone should drop PM Prayut a line and inform him that his Thailand 4.0 is not going so well at the moment. In fact it even looks like it might have gone into reverse.

BTS passengers can give him confirmation if he needs it. Also tell him potential votes look like being lost; that should motivate him.  

3 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Someone should drop PM Prayut a line and inform him that his Thailand 4.0 is not going so well at the moment ... tell him potential votes look like being lost; that should motivate him.  

Always assuming he is looking for votes. 

The BTS system is almost 19 years old and has been very dependable most of the time. Technical problems will happen, especially when there is change to a new system. I just wish they would expand carriages as they expand routes. The same applies to MRT.

• Like 2

Just now, Jonmarleesco said:

Always assuming he is looking for votes. 

To be precise for your benefit. Potential votes for the soon to be nominated Palang Pracharat Party (Sam Mit (Three Friends) which if it wins will nominate PM Prayut as Prime Minister. You OK with that?

Ok, who's the guilty party in Bangkok who was using their cell phone on Wednesday morning on the 2.4 GHz wifi band? 

Come on, fess up!!!  You realize, don't you, that you're sabotaging the BTS train system...  :cheesy:

Meanwhile, are any of the Thai "journalists" out there asking about the original wisdom of the BTS in planning a radio control system for their train network that operates on the same massively used 2.4 GHz bandwidth as wifi transmitters, phones, microwaves, etc etc....???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CLW said:

I know this will never happen but for future train projects they should consider to give the concession to foreign owned or managed companies.
Because what is going on right now is simply a joke. And not even heads are rolling...

You really think foreign owned companies can do it better, based on the same premises?

Dream on.

Forking out your passenger rail services is always more expensive.x

For the traveller, and eventually for the taxpayer.

See for this the great british railway disaster, Amtrak in the USA, and elsewhere.

To be honest, I've been using the BTS as a commuter since its inception almost 20 years ago and I think it has/is working quite well for what it is. OK, during peak hours it is quite crowded but it generally runs on time, it is clean, safe, relatively affordable and comfortable. The glitch of a few weeks ago could have happened anywhere in the world. I've had plenty of delays and cancellations on the tube system in London, the underground in NYC and don't even get me started on the rail system in Sydney.

To be honest, I've been using the BTS as a commuter since its inception almost 20 years ago and I think it has/is working quite well for what it is. OK, during peak hours it is quite crowded but it generally runs on time, it is clean, safe, relatively affordable and comfortable. The glitch of a few weeks ago could have happened anywhere in the world. I've had plenty of delays and cancellations on the tube system in London, the underground in NYC and don't even get me started on the rail system in Sydney.
But the reasons and the way it is handled is typically Thai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CLW said:

Give to foreigners?heads rolling? Do you actually live in Thailand?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CLW said:
16 hours ago, MrJohnson said:

But the reasons and the way it is handled is typically Thai

Well what exactly do you expect it to be? Korean, Japanese, German?

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 1:56 PM, brucegoniners said:

It was always so dependable when we lived in BKK. We've only been away a little over a year. I hope they can get it fixed. I'd hate to see the BTS go the way of some of the crappy train systems in the states.

Amtrak is subsidised by the government. That could be the problem. BNSF, makes Warren Buffett plenty of money.