Rough seas, rainfall forecast until July 11

rooster59

Rough seas, rainfall forecast until July 11

Surapan Laotharanarit

RAIN.jpg.bb92659f38a986bd8ae4a251f58b29a1.jpg

BANGKOK, 6th July 2018 (NNT) – The Meteorological Department has forecast turbulent waters in both the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand until the middle of next week, as well as more rain across the country. 

As the southwest monsoon over the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand is picking up strength, the east and the west coast of the South are expected to continue experiencing heavy downpours. Moreover, from July 7 onwards, the chance of rain will increase in all regions of the country. 

In the Andaman Sea, waves could reach a height of 2-3 meters from Phuket northwards and 2 meters from Krabi heading south. Meanwhile, the Gulf of Thailand is likely to see 2-meter-high waves in the upper region and 1-2 meters waves in the lower region. Boat operators are advised not to head offshore during this period. 

From July 9-11, the Meteorological Department warns that the monsoon winds will be even stronger, producing waves as high as 4 meters in some areas.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-07-07

13 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Boat operators are advised not to head offshore during this period. 

Advised???

I hope this wording does not apply to tourist boats after the loss of so many lives.

100% ban on the greedy brainless operators.

Chain the boats.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

With all the media frenzy around the cave story I didn't see any news on here of the 40+ tourists killed or missing of the coast of Phuket last night when their boat overturned in rough seas.

A second boat also sank. Luckily all of the people were rescued. Bearing in mind its been of Thai tv and my wife informed me I too am surprised nothing on TV.

14 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

With all the media frenzy around the cave story I didn't see any news on here of the 40+ tourists killed or missing of the coast of Phuket last night when their boat overturned in rough seas.

Nah not important father. The Pm could not get his picture taken or appear on tv so whats 40 plus lives No political mileage to be made out of so just forget about it

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

You are looking in all the wrong places Father. Try the Phuket News section. There are a number of threads running on the sinkings.

15 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

That tragedy doesn't seem to meet the specifications for "Thailand News." They have it in the Phuket News section. Perhaps that is the out of site, out of mind, news approach.