I've Fallen In Love - With A Royal Enfield.

I've also been tempted but seeing the Himalayan model at the Burapa Bike Show in Patts last Feb, have decided to wait and see the reviews on that model. My use is going to be regular trips from Patts up to Issan and beyond into Laos and I prefer the sitting position.

• Thanks 1

One of my French friends living in Chiang Mai, went to India a few months ago.

He bought a Royal Enfield there and travelled around in N. India for a month.

He also fell in Love with the bike and wanted to bring it over to Thailand but couldn't.

According to him It was a very reliable bike.

Royal Enfield's are very inexpensive in India !

1 hour ago, GordonP said:

I've also been tempted but seeing the Himalayan model at the Burapa Bike Show in Patts last Feb, have decided to wait and see the reviews on that model. My use is going to be regular trips from Patts up to Issan and beyond into Laos and I prefer the sitting position.

reviews on the Himalaya have been out for a while 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 1:39 PM, GordonP said:

I would imagine riding an RE in Issan and Laos would be sheer magic. Thanks for your input. By the way, I quite like doggy but each to his own.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

Royal Enfield, I thought that was where the queen kept her chickens

In the '60s we called them Royal Oilfields.  Not only did I have my best bike RE 500 before coming out here . In 1964 age 17 I bought from a chap at work a 976cc V twin RE for 10 bob.

I sold it 2 years later for 12/6p .  Could post a pic but cannot for some reason known to TV.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

My mate refused to hand over his 500 Bullet, but no big deal, it would have cost me a fortune to do it up compared to a ready-to-go and in my situation I need a pre 1980 bike (no MOT needed).

So I keep looking on Ebay, I would love to ride one back to Portugal from the UK, with a bag of spanners, maybe find a side car later. I wonder if there are many Indian mechanics in France and Spain?

Someone said they don't look cool, some whippersnapper most likely, not shaving yet...

• Like 1

OP, comfort would be my concern. Modern bikes should last 10,000+ km without break-downs. And you won't abuse ir by revving it when cold...

Why not take advantage of the bikes for rent?

For the city, I'm considering a Suzuki GH 110 as speed doesn't matter to me.

For the MHS Loop,  try a Honda CB 500 F. I loved it, way more than the X.

AA6.jpg