Brexit Secretary David Davis has resigned - source close to Davis

webfact

3 minutes ago, tebee said:

Boris Johnson has resigned and is now free to campaign for what's best for Britain, I mean what's best for his career.....

Hear he and 3 others have signed contracts with Chipperfield's...

Edited by Basil B
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Nope.

Sit back and watch May's White paper fail to pass through Parliament, let her resign and then step up to the plate. No need for a leadership challenge.

A leadership challenge is only needed if her white paper gets through Parliament and is subsequently accepted by Brussels.

Re-assuring to have your knowledgeable input.  Better have a word with Boris though, he may see it differently.  

13 hours ago, tebee said:

comment from twitter -

Does anyone know if David Davis wrote a resignation letter? It'd be the first document he's produced in the last two years.

Even the Beeb mentioned there had been concerns about his intellect and whether he was up to the job from day 1.

Make you wonder how he got the job, Balmy Borris resigned now too. 

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Some effort to do his job as what? Chief Appeaser? Davis was never allowed to do his job. 

He never had the intellectual ability to do the job. Promoted way way above his abilities. And wasted so much time with inept waffle.

49 minutes ago, tebee said:

But none of the Brexiters have any idea what to do.

They have no idea of the complexities of international trade and trade deals.

I think they genuinely believed it was simply a case of popping round to WH Smiths and picking up the Bilateral Trade Agreement Pack from the “Legal Forms” shelf.

Go there often?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

He never had the intellectual ability to do the job. Promoted way way above his abilities. And wasted so much time with inept waffle.

You're the cabinet shrink then? He has the ability. That's why May sidelined him. To sack him would have been bad for business.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Even the Beeb mentioned there had been concerns about his intellect and whether he was up to the job from day 1.

Make you wonder how he got the job, Balmy Borris resigned now too. 

Even the BEEB? Hilarious. 

Boris is off to find something he can polish.

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You're the cabinet shrink then? He has the ability. That's why May sidelined him. To sack him would have been bad for business.

Why would a "shrink" be used to assess intellectual ability? His mental health has nothing to do with his intellectual capacity to process information and turn it into knowledge through use. He has a business degree but limited business experience. A career politician who has held ministerial office but never sparkled.

Again I repeat, it was the BBC this morning on the news that mentioned his intellect for this job has been questioned.

He has to deal with a tremendous amount of complexity and ambiguity in the Brexit role, which clearly from his performance his beyond him. Starting to look like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Of course, it doesn't take any great ability to say "we're walking away with  no deal".

54 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Boris has resigned!

Break out the Cava!

Boris is probably pissed off he's not been sent to Russia for the World Cup and been feted with caviar and vodka whilst being pampered.

But they'll become malignant back bench MPs and lie through their teeth to fool anyone who'll listen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Why would a "shrink" be used to assess intellectual ability? His mental health has nothing to do with his intellectual capacity to process information and turn it into knowledge through use. He has a business degree but limited business experience. A career politician who has held ministerial office but never sparkled.

Again I repeat, it was the BBC this morning on the news that mentioned his intellect for this job has been questioned.

He has to deal with a tremendous amount of complexity and ambiguity in the Brexit role, which clearly from his performance his beyond him. Starting to look like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Of course, it doesn't take any great ability to say "we're walking away with  no deal".

Psychologists often run IQ tests as part of broader mental appraisals. Davis has far more business experience than the average MP. You don't actually know what the Brexit role is. None of us do. But it seems like their first duty is to keep quiet and tow the line. The line just parted.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Are you calling me a liar? Did you actually watch the BBC News early this morning?

No, I did not, how did you work that out?

Yes I watched the BBC. I enjoy light entertainment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

I think he has plenty of intellect. However as I have said before, Boris Johnson is all about looking after Boris Johnson. Maybe you are correct, but I still think he is a very duplicitous, self serving and calculating individual. A turd which won't flush, ready and waiting to plant his flag on the Brexit aftermath and say 'I told you so...'

Edited by baboon
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The problem is, whoever gets the PM job has a great deal more on their plate than just Brexit.

Your royal ‘we’ is I presume coming from Thailand.

What the vast majority of people in the U.K. want is a job, a thriving economy and tax revenues to pay for healthcare, welfare, pensions, schools and the whole spectrum of society’s institutions.

It’s a bit of a balancing act.

No PM acting in the interests of the nation is going to risk the economy for Brexit.

That’s the point, Brexit will be good for the U.K. The world is a big place.

Add to this it would enable us to control our own boarder. And allow the British courts to make our own laws.

Q/Who in their right mind,wants to live in a vassal state of the undemocratic and dictatorial E.U.

A/ The selfish remainers.

75426A7D-FFD4-4C94-9026-5539C0169C3E.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I think that is a fair point but we are in uncharted waters here and normal procedures are not necessarily going to be followed.  Johnson was far more critical than Davis over the Chequers "summit" and so was JRM.  Davis resigned but they didn't.  Why is that?

Another one who makes a premature foolish post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So who is David Davis? 
Well acoording to remainers, a stupid lazy uneducated buffoon.
While the truth could not be so different.
Born into poverty in Yorkshire, went on to Warwick University, then the London School of Economics. Then to Harvard Universty. 
In between he joined the territorial SAS. 
Later he spent 17yrs in business.
Not a bad C.V. And now he’s taken the honorable decision to leave appeaser May’s cabinet. Stateing that he does not beleive this is what the majority of the electorate voted for and furthmore he does not think her plan to concede the sovereignty of the U.K will work in the interest of the British people.

I think the above shows, not only is he well educated, and with experience in the business world, but also more importantly an honorable man with principles. A man who actually puts his country before his own selfish interest.

3B93F947-B126-4940-8A2B-E3E288CE65EB.jpeg.8464213cb6b8aa6506055edf398de5ae.jpeg

David David was and always has been the most experienced, educated and eurosceptic that was more than capable of Brexit secretary.

The primary issue is PMTM, whom is also being influenced by a select few hard line remainers, Hammond doing whatever he can in his position with treasury, PMTM must change course and the 1922 committee have given her support, yet they’ve also instructed her to change her Brexit stance and direction or face a leadership challenge, two senior cabinet resignations don’t go down lightly and she will be reminded of this very fact.

Others are calling for her to resign, likes of that stupid JC et al which Labour themselves don’t even have a plan other than mirror the EU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, citybiker said:

David David was and always has been the most experienced, educated and eurosceptic that was more than capable of Brexit secretary.

The primary issue is PMTM, whom is also being influenced by a select few hard line remainers, Hammond doing whatever he can in his position with treasury, PMTM must change course and the 1922 committee have given her support, yet they’ve also instructed her to change her Brexit stance and direction or face a leadership challenge, two senior cabinet resignations don’t go down lightly and she will be reminded of this very fact.

Others are calling for her to resign, likes of that stupid JC et al which Labour themselves don’t even have a plan other than mirror the EU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So in his capacity as Chief Negotiator, he only talked to his counterpart this year for 4 hours.
Sorry, there is not much room for any glorification.

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Sterling is up. David Davis in the bin. Hopefully we will get a negotiator who makes some effort to do his job and isn't just a lazy so-and-so. Goodbye to the deadbeat waffler.

Poor Boris. Not much of a leader but not wanting to be left behind so runs after David Davis. A right opportunist so-and-so as he has been all along, but the two of them plus Theresa May's comment that the Government might have to prepare for a no-deal as one of its options pushed sterling right back from the initial Davis resignation.