Tham Luang cave: Applause and cheers greet international and Navy SEAL divers

webfact

Applause and cheers greet international and Navy SEAL divers

By Thai PBS

36880726_1646429885480404_59538179263928

The four Thai Navy SEALs who were the last to leave the cave last night.

The international divers and Thai Navy SEAL frogmen who were involved in the high-risk operation to bring all the 13 survivors out of Tham Luang cave were given a resounding applause and cheers by hundreds of officials and volunteers after they emerged from the cave at about 7.10 pm.

The last five survivors, including the football coach, were safely brought out of the cave and sent to Chiang Rai Prachanukroh hospital earlier.

“We are not sure if this is a miracle, a science or what.  All the thirteen Wild Boars are now out of the cave,” was a message posted on the Thai Navy SEAL’s Facebook page.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/applause-cheers-greet-international-navy-seal-divers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-07-11
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lungstib said:

With the operation being run by a Thai civil servant, the military heavily involved, the action being constantly interrupted by the arrival of high ranking govt officials and the many different languages involved with the experts I think this has to go down as a miracle.

No, it´s no miracle. Clearly it´s the work of many and everyone is a hero in their field. Do you really believe that the military or constant visit of government officials would not happen in other countries? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

No, it´s no miracle. Clearly it´s the work of many and everyone is a hero in their field. Do you really believe that the military or constant visit of government officials would not happen in other countries? 

It probably would happen in other countries, but cutting a long story short, give a Thai a uniform and...........

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, David in the north said:

A truly international effort.
Can't have been easy for any of them - the conditions, different languages & so on but they did what I thought was impossible & pulled it off.
Condolences to the family of the deceased diver. I really hope that they are looked after properly.

I'm sure they will be.:thumbsup:

On 7/11/2018 at 6:03 AM, missoura said:

A soldier in the US Army was complaining one day about how the infantry always did the work. An older sergeant sarcastically said, it takes 90% of the army doing their job for you to be a hero, now get back to work. So, I did. But, I was never a hero.

It takes a lot of people to make a hero. Everyone involved should feel proud for mission accomplished.

Reflection from a US Vet.  What did I just hear: "Blah, blah, blah" - especially when it originates from those above the rank and file who, unlike the rank and file, take credit for the accomplishing a mission that they were at best marginally a part of.  I'm surprised they don't attempt to take credit right off the bat.  I'll throw the stages of a project in for good measure:

1. Enthusiasm,
  2. Disillusionment,
  3. Panic and hysteria,
  4. Hunt for the guilty,
  5. Punishment of the innocent, and
  6. Reward for the uninvolved.

Now let's get back to those who made this happen -- Kudos one and all!!!  Bless ya'll! 

Those who did nothing will no doubt come along in due time to take credit, expensive watches and all.  Now, let's see how long it take to crucify the coach?  I truly hope those in power seek the higher path.

Edited by connda