Defamation/set-up in Thailand concerns

TRichards

On 7/14/2018 at 2:25 PM, TRichards said:

I've no idea why you are mocking my caution. Threats of having arranged an arrest by the Thai police from someone who presumably has mental health problems are not to be taken lightly in my view. I've paid out nearly £1000 on hotels for 17 nights. If there's a simple check that an agency can run, I'll take it. I could get it done later in the year, a few weeks before Christmas.

I find it very strange that you've paid in advance for hotels, when most booking sites such as agoda or booking.com allow you to book many hotels with the ability to cancel up to a few days before arrival with no penalty.

Anyway, you say you are still in contact with your ex (which of course may be the root of the problem with her new partner). Have you discussed with her the threats he has made? That to me is the obvious first step. If she is in on it you'll know (and that would be unlikely as you appear to still be on good terms with her), and if she isn't she'll sort it out with him.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

Unfortunately the ridiculous defamation laws put in place by the military autocracy to protect itself from criticism and use as a weapon against political opponents has been adapted by unscrupulous Thai business and people to use as a weapon against those who give bad reviews or they have a grudge against.

You even have to be careful what you “like” on Facebook here.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, TRichards said:

They don't know. I think it's a case of a jealous new partner of my ex-wife who sees me as a threat to his relationship for some crazy reason and wants me never to return. I talk with my ex wife in a friendly manner once a month or so. Perhaps he saw my latest email to her a couple of weeks ago and lost it.

Have you ever said something in your mail to your wife about him which could be seen as not nice?

On 7/12/2018 at 11:55 AM, Kwasaki said:

Firstly strange how you get a email just before your visit back and not before. !!

Was your divorce messy or amicable. ?

Why didn't you get a new email after the divorce.? 

Have you money connections still being paid from your divorce settlement. ?

Can you not go to a Thailand embassy and check with them to see if you have an outstanding charge against you filed at a police station.?

"Can you not go to a Thailand embassy and check with them to see if you have an outstanding charge against you filed at a police station"?

I've found more often than not that computer systems in Thailand are not interconnected.

• Thanks 1

Lots of conspiracy theorists are saying "he must have known you're planning the holiday". I doubt it. I think it's simply that he saw a friendly email I sent to my ex and flipped. Perhaps one of the friends I'm visiting mentioned it to my ex, but so what? Whether her new partner knows or not, I don't see how that helps with solving the issue. 

Edited by TRichards