If I buy a car in cash, how easy is it to sell later on?

2 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

When I am trying to sell something, and to figure a starting price, I look at how much I paid, how much is it today, how long have I had it, what condition it is and try to set a fair price for both me and buyer based on those conditions. I have been just trying to sell some baby stuff. One was an electronic breast pump. Babies mum used it less than a month. I advertised for just above 50% of new price and people still want it for 50% of that price.

Homeboy, the OP is selling a car and you bring up breast pumps? What possible relevance could there be there?

50 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

nothing "BAD" intended - check my other posts... but selling a used breast pump... have you checked the 2nd hand market for such items.. mostly, I find that people tend to greatly over value 2nd hand stuff... I highly doubt that even 1% of people looking for a breast pump are looking 2nd hand - - - did you?

yes, I have seen quite a few adds for second hand them. Probably because I am trying to sell one I notice whereas you rpiobably would not "see" the add because you are not selling or after one. And no I didn't look because when "mum" decides she wants something, she wanted it yesterday.

And I don't believe I am overpricing. If people don't want so be it.

On 7/13/2018 at 2:19 AM, jackdd said:

3. Depends on how credit worthy he is, but in general it's not difficult for Thais to get a loan in Thailand

Loan from a farang mug....yes, not difficult.

Loan from the bank is quite a different story. For 1.75 million you can buy a condo in Bangkok and when I was selling my contract for a condo here for mere 1mil a lot of Thais backed out of a deal because the bank wouldn't finance.

It would be worse for a depreciating asset.

Archived