‘Dom’ Recounts Cave Survival, Coach’s Heroism

webfact

‘Dom’ Recounts Cave Survival, Coach’s Heroism

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

ct_20180704120727300-696x382.jpg

Duangpetch “Dom” Promtep, 13, while in Luang Cave.

CHIANG RAI — Football practice had ended when Dom and his teammates followed their coach into the Luang Cave. They had planned to stay only an hour, so he didn’t bring many snacks in his backpack.

Sudden rains fell, and floodwaters rushed into the cave. Everyone ran deeper inside, scrambling to pull the clear mud and rocks around a hole the coach found in the cave so they could escape.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2018/07/13/dom-recounts-cave-survival-coachs-heroism/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-07-13
  • Like 1

If they were only in the first chamber of the cave, how were they "forced" back so quickly?

And how were they able to squeeze through that small opening (without the water) that was further in?

In an unexplored cave, it would seem more likely that you would stay in the first chamber.... Of course if you were already deeper in, that's a different story.

Maybe now that emotions have subdued a bit, we can ask these questions.

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, chrisinth said:

And so it begins. Second hand accounts (related by the kid's father) to the media and the children aren't even released from hospital.

Makes you wonder if any of the advice given by the Chilean miners will be heeded. Doubt it very much. So sad but so predictable.

Wait for the whole story to come out before you make remarks. You don't know anything you where not there.

1 minute ago, cmrichsw said:

Wait for the whole story to come out before you make remarks. You don't know anything you where not there.

That response actually highlights the very point of my comments.

Your advice should be towards the media to not be publishing secondhand accounts of what happened there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chrisinth said:

That response actually highlights the very point of my comments.

Your advice should be towards the media to not be publishing secondhand accounts of what happened there.

and now the media rules ? that is my point - Wait until all of the stories are out not just one source

Press reports are still being veted by the Government. Be careful what you write scenario. The truth now will be written by the Thai press unless a overseas reporter gets under their guard. If you do that and its not liked you have to get out quick.

I am just happy to see mum and dad so happy. That's good enough for my soul.

"“He’s getting stronger. He had lost 3 kilograms to 4 kilograms but has regained a kilo now. I’m relieved,” Banphot said. “He’s been saying he wants to eat barbeque pork and noodles. He’s also asking me for a new mobile phone since his he dropped his old one in the cave,” Banphot said."

Surely someone should be able to donate a new mobile phone to her son ?