Number plate auction, 777 0r 77or7 most valuable

I thought it was the other way around here ie 777 to be more desirable (expensive) with 9999 being the most favoured.
Chinese like 8888
Either way they can run into several hundred thousand baht for the most sought after "lucky" plates.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have 9898 on my car...a Fiesta, plate registered in Bangkok with the Bangkok artwork on it,  is now worth more than the car I reckon. Brought it when I had a Beemer

I would really like to sell it for around what I paid for it, Did not go to an auction the dealer got it for me.

Numbers outside of Bangkok are much less expensive so it could be worth taking another look if you live upcountry.

The double-digit numbers are relatively cheaper. I had 66 before and bought it for 80k. Sold it for 120k. Can take a while to sell but eventually you'll find someone who wants your number for some personal reason.

Because the Chinese think #8 is lucky, many Thais think so too so almost anything with "8s" in it should be worth a buck or two.

Of course, if the floods in the north cause any long submerged tree trunks to resurface, then however many branches (or stubs of branches) still on it could be the new "lucky" number.

Sometimes the DVL can be awkward . They will not even transfer a No from a car you have owned from new.Shades of no money for Marriage visa, but if yer skint go to one that ignores the rules we all have to follow.Little Men in Offices, same the world over.[emoji1351]‍[emoji574]️

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 7/14/2018 at 2:43 PM, Toosetinmyways said:

Just had a look at a dealer's website so full retail price.

7777........1,000,000 baht.

777..........630,000 baht

77............350,000 baht

No single digit 7 for sale so assume most expensive and rarer.

9999... ....5,000,000 baht

I have a single 7 motorbike plate,  an old bike,  didn't realise they were worth anything!!

2 minutes ago, leither69 said:

I have a single 7 motorbike plate,  an old bike,  didn't realise they were worth anything!!

I think you now realise your financial situation has just been given a speculators 'jet' a$$i$ted boo$t ? 

36 minutes ago, Whitson said:

Can a motor cycle plate be bought and sold?

I believe you can transfer/exchange the number plates of 2 bikes  if they both belong to you, and it should be easier if both plates are from the same province..obviously you can't just swap the plates over, the  details in the green books need to be updated at the Department of Land Transportation.

Would be interesting if anyone has actually done it.

I have 77 , but didn't ask for it or paid more . So I don't get this :

On zaterdag 14 juli 2018 at 2:43 PM, Toosetinmyways said:

Just had a look at a dealer's website so full retail price.

7777........1,000,000 baht.

777..........630,000 baht

77............350,000 baht

No single digit 7 for sale so assume most expensive and rarer.

9999... ....5,000,000 baht

when I lived in Hong Kong I had a car with a number plate containing three times 4  ...which seems to mean "death"....sometimes after parking people tried to warn me about this number plate ....crazy superstition !!!

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

This thread confirms for me some people have more money than sense.

Especially those that pay millions, I remember one paying 20 million, for the yellow VIP plate.

I have seen a few and they look like a taxi plate on a Lambo :cheesy:

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

This thread confirms for me some people have more money than sense.

Agree.

I stood next to a Thai man in MBK negotiating in the region of B350,000 for a mobile phone number a couple of years back.

Loopy loo, or what...

Archived