British cave diving hero finds love with Thai nurse

Jonathan Fairfield

17 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Yes, she could alternate between countries with her current job as a charge nurse to one of power and bring some high voltage spark to the under-powered nursing circuit without too much resistance -

ohm narmo. 

Switch jobs like 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Massaman3 said:

Bit easier for him to get an Aussie visa,then the other way round.

It would be near impossible to get a Resident Visa for Australia as the State age limit is 45 and the Commonwealth Age limit is 55. One reason presumably is the maths in relation to years paying tax and then retirement associated costs being in the government's favour in most cases. Given the life expectancy age is increasing this is unlikely to change. Australians do not like paying for future medical bills like the UK where many abuse our health system via medical tourism. Go into a London hospital waiting room and see how many are English. Nothing to do with racism but those who pay in should benefit no free riders except if in a serious accident which is the policy of Australia also. Perhaps I will go back and live there!

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

I'll try again.

Her name is "Amp"

"Current", "Power", "Spark" are all puns on her name. As was my remark that she could get a job as a "Charge" Nurse - which is a senior nursing position in the UK.

It was a little joke, but it fell on deaf ears.

And we have shortage of doctors, nursing & care workers in the UK.

I wonder if Mr Javid will take a more intelligent attitude to resolving the shortage of workers in the NHS than his predecessors at the Home Office.

18 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Depends on her visa status in Australia, but I'd like to think she would be given very preferential treatment in the event of wanting to settle with him in the UK. The average run of the mill visa rejection doesn't make the news, but this one certainly would. 

I'm not sure about visa status, but in terms of the qualifications to be a nurse. If she is qualified to be a nurse in Australia, she shouldn't have many obstacles getting similar work there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I'm not sure about visa status, but in terms of the qualifications to be a nurse. If she is qualified to be a nurse in Australia, she shouldn't have many obstacles getting similar work there. 

He would see my post above.

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

And we have shortage of doctors, nursing & care workers in the UK. 

I wonder if Mr Javid will take a more intelligent attitude to resolving the shortage of workers in the NHS than his predecessors at the Home Office.

RE - And we have shortage of doctors, nursing & care workers in the UK.

I didnt know that UK is considered as a sick country....:whistling:

19 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Cheap shot indeed. He looks pretty ok for 57, his girlfriend seems far from young bargirl material, and more to the point, he only just finished starring in a central role in one of the most daring rescue operations in recent memory. 

57!? Lol. Looks late 60's

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Max66 said:

57!? Lol. Looks late 60's

Its depending on the eyes as you only see what your eyes want to see..:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, B T Justice said:

I'm well aware there were a few other stories but this cave drama has gone too far in my opinion. 

Now we have a story about a nurse hooking up with one of the rescuers. How far are we going to take this BS?

If you don't think you will like the post then don't click on it.

I am rather enjoying it.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Cheap shot indeed. He looks pretty ok for 57, his girlfriend seems far from young bargirl material, and more to the point, he only just finished starring in a central role in one of the most daring rescue operations in recent memory. 

Well said.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The manic said:

Cheap Shot Indeed.But typical of a small minority of embittered Australians on this forum. Thankfully they are a minority. 

No cheap shot. Just a couple of affected guys who have taken offence. Older guys say a lot things about young people here. Never heard young people whine. Let it slide. And I'm sure the embittered Australians aren't amused. 

1 hour ago, B T Justice said:

It's kinda hard when every other article has to do with the damn cave.

The kids are out get over it

Dont worry, its more to come - the lads recovery...:smile:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, B T Justice said:

I'm well aware there were a few other stories but this cave drama has gone too far in my opinion. 

Now we have a story about a nurse hooking up with one of the rescuers. How far are we going to take this BS?

Hopefully further than yours. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Artisi said:

Correct, the continual Thai - basher's should be sorted out and given long-term if not permanent holidays. 

Guess most of us are guilty of a bit of banter and argy-bargy, bagging the BIB, ineffective politicians, the lack of rule of law etc. but personnel uncalled for comments,  the generalisation of stupidity, thick, useless Thai's is way over the top and shouldn't be tolerated - ever. 

But surely generalizations that are positive should be tolerated, right? Or, is each of us to speak only about individual anecdotes? Will make for a fairly boring forum. 

8 hours ago, B T Justice said:

It's kinda hard when every other article has to do with the damn cave.

The kids are out get over it

Plenty of other articles on this forum which are not about the cave. If you don’t like a post don’t click on it and move on.

You got your comment out, get over it. 

• Haha 1