Trump questions why Obama did not act on claims of Russian election meddling

rooster59

Experts Conclude That Russian Attack Won The Election For Trump"

"It is simple math. Trump lost the popular vote but won an election by 80,000 votes in three states. The Russians micro-targeted voters in those states. They only needed a small fraction of voters to fall for their efforts in order to be successful. The numbers were in Putin’s favor. He could fail 90% of the time, and still swing the election for Trump."

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/07/25/experts-conclude-that-russian-attack-won-the-election-for-trump.html

Stunning Math Shows How Russia Used Facebook To Get Illegitimate Trump Into The White House

"Before the election, 4.4 million people were exposed to the Russian Facebook ads. But Donald Trump only won the electoral college with 78,000 votes from three swing states

Donald Trump barely squeaked by with an electoral college win, and with these Facebook numbers, it’s becoming increasingly clear that he only did that with the help of the Russians posting fake news on Facebook."

https://www.politicususa.com/2017/10/02/illegitimate-president-math-trump-won-78000-votes-4-4-million-russian-facebook-ads.html

Edited by Opl
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Opl said:

"It is simple math. Trump lost the popular vote but won an election by 80,000 votes in three states. The Russians micro-targeted voters in those states. They only needed a small fraction of voters to fall for their efforts in order to be successful. The numbers were in Putin’s favor. He could fail 90% of the time, and still swing the election for Trump."

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/07/25/experts-conclude-that-russian-attack-won-the-election-for-trump.html

Stunning Math Shows How Russia Used Facebook To Get Illegitimate Trump Into The White House

"Before the election, 4.4 million people were exposed to the Russian Facebook ads. But Donald Trump only won the electoral college with 78,000 votes from three swing states

Donald Trump barely squeaked by with an electoral college win, and with these Facebook numbers, it’s becoming increasingly clear that he only did that with the help of the Russians posting fake news on Facebook."

https://www.politicususa.com/2017/10/02/illegitimate-president-math-trump-won-78000-votes-4-4-million-russian-facebook-ads.html

Apparently the same the same experts, that declared Trump would never become a candidate, never mind get elected. Clinton's problem was her track record.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Obama did nothing because he thought she would win and he didn't have to do anything to get the "correct" result. Why would he want to "use it against Trump" if he thought he would lose?

Had she won, nothing of all the present information about FBI wrong doing would have come out.

You think the present information is available because Trump wants Russian interference of the 2016 Presidential election exposed, even though it casts (further) doubts about the legitimacy of his election? 

I guess that is why Hillary is always calling revelations about Russian crimes "fake news" while Trump enthusiastically supports the Mueller investigation.  ???

FBI wrong doing?  Colmey's crimes against a fair election were well known before the election.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beechguy said:

Apparently the same the same experts, that declared Trump would never become a candidate, never mind get elected. Clinton's problem was her track record.

Please do reference the experts you refer to.  After all, you are replying to a referenced post.

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Please do reference the experts you refer to.  After all, you are replying to a referenced post.

The experts quoted in his referenced articles.

My opinion, is the Facebook posts, etc. had little effect, everyone knew Hillary already.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, beechguy said:

The experts quoted in his referenced articles.

My opinion, is the Facebook posts, etc. had little effect, everyone knew Hillary already.

So, "find your own references to my post"?

Yes, people knew Hillary.  Her history and financial affairs were open to all.  Trump has been the most secretive of candidates in living memory. 

But still, better the devil you don't know, with a long history of legal problems and conflicts of interest, than someone with a proven track record, right?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

So, "find your own references to my post"?

Yes, people knew Hillary.  Her history and financial affairs were open to all.  Trump has been the most secretive of candidates in living memory. 

But still, better the devil you don't know, with a long history of legal problems and conflicts of interest, than someone with a proven track record, right?

That was her problem, she was proven wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, beechguy said:

That was her problem, she was proven wrong.

Proven wrong?  Now you are just making stuff up. 

When you reply to a post, try to address something in the post.  Don't be too obvious in your...is it trolling or prideful cluelessness?

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:40 AM, Opl said:

For that to have validity, you'd have to prove that 4.4 million people actually read the "Russian facebook ads" and chose to vote for Trump because of them. I very much doubt anyone has, or can prove it.

Even if they read them, it doesn't mean they changed their vote because of them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

For that to have validity, you'd have to prove that 4.4 million people actually read the "Russian facebook ads" and chose to vote for Trump because of them. I very much doubt anyone has, or can prove it.

Even if they read them, it doesn't mean they changed their vote because of them.

are you saying that noone red fake news posted by russians?

"One ex-troll told a Russian independent TV network that his job included writing incendiary comments and creating fake posts on political forums: “The way you chose to stir up the situation, whether it was commenting [on] the news section or on political forums, it didn’t really matter.” In 2015, well before the 2016 election, the troll-factory network had more than 800 people doing this kind of work, producing propaganda videos, infographics, memes, reports, news, interviews and various analytical materials to persuade the public. America never stood a chance."

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/russian-government-used-disinformation-cyber-warfare-disrupt-2016-election/

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2018 at 1:28 PM, TPI said:

As a citizen of another country it's rather sad to see that the voters for the loosing candidate still can't get their heads around who the President of their great country is! No matter how often you tear up your nappies or spit out your dummies, like it or not, he's your President! You need to either suck it up or start the work to elect a better candidate. Who really gives a toss who manipulated who or what in an election that was held last year? Where was the protests when Bush stole the election from Gore?

Grow up!

Great summary of what's going on in the US. Thanks.

No, what I'm saying is that no one can prove that the ads made anyone change the way they voted. They'd have to ask every person that voted to be sure, and that's never going to happen.

Ads don't make me do anything I don't want to.

The ads did sway a lot of votes, how much we will never know. But it did polarize the country by giving folks the wrong impression of the opposition. The same company was employed to sway the BREXIT vote too.

In fact the company even went on road trips around the world offering their service to politicians.

No, what I'm saying is that no one can prove that the ads made anyone change the way they voted. They'd have to ask every person that voted to be sure, and that's never going to happen.

Ads don't make me do anything I don't want to.

So advertising with it’s long track record of delivering results for the advertisers suddenly fails when it’s applied to rig an election?!

• Thanks 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know anyone that takes any notice of ads, and they are certainly wasted on me.

Another self proclaimed ‘free thinker’.

It makes you wonder why Corporate accountants (normally tight with company cash) are so willing to sign off on advertising budgets.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Another self proclaimed ‘free thinker’.

It makes you wonder why Corporate accountants (normally tight with company cash) are so willing to sign off on advertising budgets.

Perhaps you should ask them. I don't know any corporate accountants to ask. Perhaps they get a cut of the account.

Whenever ads come on tv I do something else, like make a cup of tea, but I'd never actually look at them.

I have no idea if I'm a "free thinker" as I have no idea what you mean about that, but I'm not interested in them, unless they have a pretty in them, but then I rarely remember what the ad was for.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Meanwhile, bringing the topic up to date.

Trump has been informed of continuing Russian interference in the up coming mid terms and is doing nothing about it.

No coordinated government agency response to defend against Russian interference.

Nobody appointed to head any government response.

Republicans voted down a $38million budget allocation to fund cyber security for the election. 

LOL. You think Trump goes on a computer and finds hackers himself? The US government has huge departments that do all that sort of stuff- it's their job. You think Trump has to go and tell them to do their job, or they just do it anyway?

Talk about trying to create a problem where none exists!

If the GOP voted down the allocation, perhaps it's because the departments already have all the money they need to do their job. I'm not a Republican congressman, so I suggest you ask them why they did that.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, mike324 said:

The ads did sway a lot of votes, how much we will never know. But it did polarize the country by giving folks the wrong impression of the opposition. The same company was employed to sway the BREXIT vote too.

In fact the company even went on road trips around the world offering their service to politicians.

I guess we will find out in 2020. You all get a do over. Start working on your excuses now.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. You think Trump goes on a computer and finds hackers himself? The US government has huge departments that do all that sort of stuff- it's their job. You think Trump has to go and tell them to do their job, or they just do it anyway?

Talk about trying to create a problem where none exists!

If the GOP voted down the allocation, perhaps it's because the departments already have all the money they need to do their job. I'm not a Republican congressman, so I suggest you ask them why they did that.

A bit like all the individual departments of defence, justice, border protection, FBI, NSA and CIA were doing their job before the 9/11 attacks.

It was their job.

You think the President had to go and tell them to do their job, or did they just do it anyway?

How did that work out?

Trump has been warned the Russians are again attacking a US election, he and the Republicans in Congress are doing nothing about it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump has been warned the Russians are again attacking a US election, he and the Republicans in Congress are doing nothing about it.

Because they know it is just a stupid rumour.

Edited by MrPatrickThai
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1