PM Prayut pleads with public to follow national strategies

webfact

PM pleads with public to follow national strategies

PNPOL610715001000201.jpg

BANGKOK, 16th July 2018 (NNT) – Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has implored the general public to study the content of the national strategic plan, to be executed by the next elected government. 

Gen Prayut who is also head of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) said today that Thai citizens should understand the content of the 20-year strategic blueprint so that they don’t fall victim to distortion and fabrication. Although it is ‘not’ compulsory for the next government and citizens to follow, the strategic plan offers guidelines and insights into the areas where improvements are needed. 

The prime minister takes the view that the ultimate goal which is to attain stability, prosperity, and sustainability is achievable, and will be a challenge for all. 

Gen Prayut added that he had personally instructed every ministry and agency to put their policies under the microscope, making sure that their goals and objectives conform to the strategic framework. 

The 20-year blueprint can be revised every 5 years depending on the country’s circumstances.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-07-16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why Mr Prayut you think there should be an election going on if YOU already fix a new government getting along what you think is good for the future of the country.

Let the people vote and let the new government find its way to go ahead and not with the "road map" of an unelected junta taking over the power and: Still want to stay in power

• Like 2

Any MP found to be accepting money beyond their salary for government business to lose their post.

So that is all of them?

Fine by me. Keep repeating till you have a clean bunch attending for the good of the country.

Oh.........that was a nice dream!

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Headline tomorrow

Public pleads government to stop corruption and wasting taxpayers money

Well, we all know the answer to that plea. Its called selected deafness. They actually pretend there is no wastage and corruption in Thailand Just ask them

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has implored the general public to study the content of the national strategic plan, to be executed by the next elected government. 

And what if the next, elected, Government decides to scrap the plan? I know it's difficult with the pre-determined make-up of future Parliaments but this is where the unelected PM's reconciliation plans could really be tested.

• Like 1

What plan? From what I understand, the NLA voted unanimously that future governments must follow the plan, but at the time of voting (2 weeks ago) the plan didn't exist yet. They were going to form some committee and what not to create the plan after the fact.?

52 minutes ago, madmitch said:

And what if the next, elected, Government decides to scrap the plan? I know it's difficult with the pre-determined make-up of future Parliaments but this is where the unelected PM's reconciliation plans could really be tested.

Perhaps he's become sensitised to the recent polls. This sounds like he's going over the heads of the next government and appealing to the people he's spent 4 or 5 years treading down.

What goes around comes around, and it seems to me he's preparing for a drubbing when the people have a choice.

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

If they scrap the Plan there will be another coup

15 hours ago, z42 said:

Why should they? The parties involved, and more importantly the public themselves should have a say in the policies that will shape Thailand's future. It is another show of unbelievable arrogance to expect people to just accept what a military junta has said they should.

Thailand isn't special, the people should have room to shape their own future. I hope they realize it sooner rather than later

Until Prayut gets this figured out his run for elected office will have a serious flaw. Hopefully the Thai public will be able to get the information needed to make an informed decision when going to the polls but the junta may use their ability to control the media to stop the information from getting out. Hopefully not, and if they win the election after a free flow of information then the people will have what they decided was best for them.