Remote Triggered House Alarm.... cheap

skippybangkok

Have the ancestral house the Mrs grew up in in Ladprao which has been vacant for 10 years. ( we live in Bangna ).  As expected, I has been gutted by thieves, and we just started to fix it up to rent out. ( contractors).

Almost done, but am worried about thieves showing up again, so have a Nest Camera installed ( works real good - already saw 2 girls come survey the house ).

Am going to install a WeMo switch which can be triggered by Nest Camera via IFTTT which can ie turn on lights in a room ( like someone is home)...

But would like to install a cheap alarm I can trigger if I get an alert if someone is on the premises....  Any suggestions ? one idea is another Wemo I can link to a klaxon of some sort.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, another WeMo linked to a noise-maker is a simple solution and easily removed when you have tenants.

MegaHome, Global, HomePro have suitable mains powered noise-makers. Our "doorbell" is a 6" mains fire-bell (Madam can hear it from all extremities of our land so no excuses), got it in MegaHome, not expensive.

Get a cheap used smart phone. There are free apps that will send photos to your phone anytime motion is detected.

This allows catching someone in the act which is way better than trying to deal with a theft at a later date when they and your stuff are long gone.