UK to warn public every week over 'no-deal Brexit': The Times

webfact

Brexiters are now blaming tbe EU for the Brexit mess. How dare the EU allow Britain to get what it wants witnout the costs. I can see the Daily Mail headlines now demanding war with Germany as food riots break out across the UK in April 2019. Rees Mogg can be our new Churchill! We will fight them in the Lidles....

Its ok chaps we still have the Empire!

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Renegade said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/07/26/michel-barnier-shoots-theresa-mays-brexit-customs-plan/

Good.

I think we can no say that a '' No Deal Brexit '' is the way ahead.

Quit wasting time trying to negotiate and get on with leaving.

WTO rules it is from the 29 March 2019.

I'm with you on that the Hedge Fund short the pound position - better get the baht stocked up afore ye batten down the hatches....

8 hours ago, vogie said:

Because you cannot, why don't you just admit you misquoted JRM. 

You made the erronious claim, however I will do your work for you, here is the video.

I have not seen that clip my quote was from the newspapers.I am retired I don't work.

1 hour ago, candide said:

It is strange that you don't provide any reliable source to back your statement...?

Actually, it should now be more than 12% with the new trade agreement with Japan.

So I was right then.?

I was actually wondering why this 12% value was used in a spurious reply to my simple post which was actually to Jack, I think. Hence "wrong number" (as in phone). But never mind. Move down the bus please.

1 hour ago, Nemo. said:

Brexiters are now blaming tbe EU for the Brexit mess. How dare the EU allow Britain to get what it wants witnout the costs. I can see the Daily Mail headlines now demanding war with Germany as food riots break out across the UK in April 2019. Rees Mogg can be our new Churchill! We will fight them in the Lidles....

Its ok chaps we still have the Empire!

Might as well, while the Luftwaffe only have four combat-ready Eurofighters!  

23 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Project Fear is in full swing

Yes, and it does remind me of all the scare stories in 1999, regarding the millennium bug. Many people at that time purchased more goods than they needed, after reading all the scare reports. This is what I think will occur next March, allthough the Bureaucrats in Brussels along with some remainers, may try to cause extra problems. 

20712371-053A-4839-AF0B-FC195F996A40.jpeg

3 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Yes, and it does remind me of all the scare stories in 1999, regarding the millennium bug. Many people at that time purchased more goods than they needed, after reading all the scare reports. This is what I think will occur next March, allthough the Bureaucrats in Brussels along with some remainers, may try to cause extra problems. 

20712371-053A-4839-AF0B-FC195F996A40.jpeg

The bigger and bolder the words, the truer it is.

On 7/20/2018 at 3:11 PM, Laughing Gravy said:

Great Project fear ever week. No surprise there from TM Remainer. Get her out. Get someone who believes in Brexit or keep with TM who will do her best to endure the UK stays in the EU or will do the EUs bidding and go for another referendum until they get the right result.

Project fear.? So you believe this won't happen?

You believe that they aren't stockpiling medical supplies etc.?

You dont believe there will be problems atwith Dover or that what's left of UK manufacturing and finance is already moving out?

You think that all this information is just lies?

What is your alternative explanation? Just name calling and gainsaying isn't enough for a reasonable argument.

13 hours ago, kwilco said:

Project fear.? So you believe this won't happen?

You believe that they aren't stockpiling medical supplies etc.?

You dont believe there will be problems atwith Dover or that what's left of UK manufacturing and finance is already moving out?

You think that all this information is just lies?

What is your alternative explanation? Just name calling and gainsaying isn't enough for a reasonable argument.

Not that I disagree with the above at all, but this concept that it is primarily non Brexiteers that are spreading fear appears well wide of the mark. The most amusing one I saw was a Leave social media plant suggesting that that the magnificent British cuppa was under attack by the EU. It indicates how highly the leaders of the Leave campaign estimated the intelligence of their potential supporters to be. 

These maps show a pretty close correlation between leave areas and areas of individual fear/neurosis, so arguably it was the Leave camp was running the most effective Project Fear campaign. (Yes yes I know correlation does not necessarily mean causation)

fear.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Not that I disagree with the above at all, but this concept that it is primarily non Brexiteers that are spreading fear appears well wide of the mark. The most amusing one I saw was a Leave social media plant suggesting that that the magnificent British cuppa was under attack by the EU. It indicates how highly the leaders of the Leave campaign estimated the intelligence of their potential supporters to be. 

These maps show a pretty close correlation between leave areas and areas of individual fear/neurosis, so arguably it was the Leave camp was running the most effective Project Fear campaign. (Yes yes I know correlation does not necessarily mean causation)

fear.jpeg

An international team of dentists? 

53 minutes ago, nauseus said:

An international team of dentists? 

Very good  ? or maybe oilmen mining data. Actually it was in a US science magazine, which I don't believe has an axe to grind in this debate, but I do take the blurb itself with a pinch of salt.

I found the Leave item which made me wonder how much the leave campaign actually respected their own supporters.

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 11.46.26 AM.png

I never get tired of reading this type of journalist tripe, nor the big name corporate CEO that warn & threat over Brexit.

In short, either their business resilience plan is woefully shiote & untested (no exercise governance) ie: stress tests..

Or shareholders/stakeholders are getting twitchy.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, citybiker said:

I never get tired of reading this type of journalist tripe, nor the big name corporate CEO that warn & threat over Brexit.

In short, either their business resilience plan is woefully shiote & untested (no exercise governance) ie: stress tests..

Maybe you're not getting tired, I am though of posts like yours. You may not agree with a journalist, but to call without any arguments a well thought out opinion piece tripe is simply tripe.

Maybe you're not getting tired, I am though of posts like yours. You may not agree with a journalist, but to call without any arguments a well thought out opinion piece tripe is simply tripe.
It's a forum, ignore or don't reply.

1 hour ago, citybiker said:

What sort of tripe do you like?

42 minutes ago, stevenl said:

He's just another Brexiteer without an argument.

Or reply with an opinion.
My opinions on Brexit are already well documented on these threads, no disrespect I don't intent OR try repeating or sounding like a stuck record (hence tripe).

In short, it's scaremongering by 'forecast' or project fear +100. I only deal with tangible facts supported with evidence. Turbulence & fluctuation is part of life and business hence a BRP or CP.

30 minutes ago, citybiker said:

My opinions on Brexit are already well documented on these threads, no disrespect I don't intent OR try repeating or sounding like a stuck record (hence tripe).

In short, it's scaremongering by 'forecast' or project fear +100. I only deal with tangible facts supported with evidence. Turbulence & fluctuation is part of life and business hence a BRP or CP.

Calling someone else's opinion tripe without any arguments is contradictory to your 'i deal with facts only'.

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

it's scaremongering by 'forecast'

You know that isn't a thing?

Love to hear a Brexiteers view on aviation in relation to Brexit.

But I'm guessing the theory to be because it hasn't happened it won't......

Head in the sand is a thing though

3 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the press is very alarmist ..its like the year 2000 warnings of impending doom which came to nothing ..computers carried on working as usual as will blighty come next april

Because the event was anticipated the warnings heeded and catered for....as for Brexiteers it is just scaremongering so no heeding?

I am but a stupid 'merican, but never have been able to understand why your government triggered Article 50 before they actually decided what exactly they wanted to negotiate.

Generally in a business negotiation you agree what you want before you sit face to face at the table.

This is like watching a Thai Lakorn....I predict lots of face slapping and screaming

"Give a man a stockpile of food and he’ll be fed for a week; give a man access to the Customs Union and Single Market, and he’ll be fed for the rest of his life."

2 minutes ago, tebee said:

"Give a man a stockpile of food and he’ll be fed for a week; give a man access to the Customs Union and Single Market, and he’ll be fed for the rest of his life."

So profound, Confucius.

Archived