12” Memory Foam Mattress

FaFaHead

The big Dept Stores sell them as well as Index living Mall... But be prepared to pay top dollar for a good one...

https://www.indexlivingmall.com/who-we-are/theraflex/?___store=EN&___from_store=TH

Many people here rent a place that already has bed & mattress (that is usually rock hard)... They buy a nice 2” latex topper...

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, sfokevin said:

The big Dept Stores sell them as well as Index living Mall... But be prepared to pay top dollar for a good one...

https://www.indexlivingmall.com/who-we-are/theraflex/?___store=EN&___from_store=TH

Many people here rent a place that already has bed & mattress (that is usually rock hard)... They buy a nice 2” latex topper...

We have thought of that, but felt we would buy one as most homes we have looked at have double or queen sized beds at best. We want a king. 

9 hours ago, FaFaHead said:

We have thought of that, but felt we would buy one as most homes we have looked at have double or queen sized beds at best. We want a king. 

Be prepared to pay ~100,000 baht for a good king sized memory foam mattress in a Dept Store... If later you want to sell expect to get 20,000 baht if at all...

Bought one once, and expensive one too...……...couldn't get on with it because the "imprint" (for want of better terminology) didn't allow for easy/comfortable position changes. Sold it and as another poster has said, for next to nothing compared to the purchase price.

A Sealy Posturepedic was the best mattress I ever bought. 

10 hours ago, FaFaHead said:

Thanks!

Be prepared to pay a premium!!!

Buy a foam mattress here (see below). We've had them make many mattresses that have lasted years. They have many grades and options. If you don't speak Thai, take a Thai friend with you to the factory to help out. They cost a fraction of the falang owned operations.

2018-07-20.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Bought one once, and expensive one too...……...couldn't get on with it because the "imprint" (for want of better terminology) didn't allow for easy/comfortable position changes. Sold it and as another poster has said, for next to nothing compared to the purchase price.

A Sealy Posturepedic was the best mattress I ever bought. 

Agree 100%. We own a Sealy Posturepedic king size mattress. The most comfortable mattress I have ever owned anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

Be sure you are aware that bed size in Thailand is not the same as in USA.  Normally are 2 inches shorter and King is 72" wide - not the USA 76".  For 76" it would be super king size and still shorter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Be sure you are aware that bed size in Thailand is not the same as in USA.  Normally are 2 inches shorter and King is 72" wide - not the USA 76".  For 76" it would be super king size and still shorter.

I have a comforter that I have to constantly chase inside a duvet because of this! ?

I think with around 50'000 baht you already can find nice and comfortable mattress. But at the end it depends how you feel with it.

I had a US King Size before and never now very happy to have a standard 6foot King size. Which makes it much easier to find bedsheets and also  the prices for bedsheets are much cheaper

LivingIndex and many other Shops have a big selection, where you can see mattress from about 20'000 baht till 100'000 baht.

Central used to put the Sealy Posturpedic on sale for 28,000 once a year. The salesman told us that they sell out in 2 days at that price. Index has them also but their sale price is closer to 45K. I'm glad we got ours when we did before the price went up so much! I've never slept so well in my entire life!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, elektrified said:

Be prepared to pay a premium!!!

Buy a foam mattress here (see below). We've had them make many mattresses that have lasted years. They have many grades and options. If you don't speak Thai, take a Thai friend with you to the factory to help out. They cost a fraction of the falang owned operations.

2018-07-20.jpg

Excellent! Thanks very much!

8 hours ago, elektrified said:

Central used to put the Sealy Posturpedic on sale for 28,000 once a year. The salesman told us that they sell out in 2 days at that price. Index has them also but their sale price is closer to 45K. I'm glad we got ours when we did before the price went up so much! I've never slept so well in my entire life!

Furniture store on same street as original Kasem Store has Sealy at competitive prices. Past Kasem on the same side just before the parking lot before the Prince Hotel traffic light.

• Like 1