PHOTOS: New Ford Ranger and Raptor launched in Thailand

4 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Push start.... Typical Ford.  Probably why they have a heated tailgate for the US market to help in winter. 

its  got a  dampened  tailgate also now i see..............u could buy a  damper for it for a  few  hundred baht as  an aftermarket  kit on the  old  model

On 7/21/2018 at 11:37 PM, LukKrueng said:

with the focus, sometimes while driving you can feel the gear go up down up down as if unsure what gear it should be in. With the ranger the great might suddenly change with a sort of a bang and the car rattles. Also, when driving downhill and slowing down, as soon as you reached 40km/h the great drops to 1st and not very gently

Dammit! Over 150,000 km cumulative over two Rangers and I have never, ever experienced this.

I feel cheated. Who should I complain to?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

as I wrote in the previous post, it doesn't happen when I'm flooring the pedal trying to go faster. It usually happens when I drive slow and steady

Clearly all these posts ive written to you are being completely glazed over, and you refuse to understand how and why your truck does what it does, so I dont know what to tell you. Clearly Ford did something wrong because LukKrueng's small engined turbo diesel truck doesn't drive like a Mercedes. 

1 hour ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Clearly all these posts ive written to you are being completely glazed over, and you refuse to understand how and why your truck does what it does, so I dont know what to tell you. Clearly Ford did something wrong because LukKrueng's small engined turbo diesel truck doesn't drive like a Mercedes. 

He should get a Navara instead.  

18 hours ago, kannot said:

its  got a  dampened  tailgate also now i see..............u could buy a  damper for it for a  few  hundred baht as  an aftermarket  kit on the  old  model

I've got damper opening struts on my ol' Vigo hood...Folk round here think l am posh...:stoner:

On 7/21/2018 at 3:15 PM, stevenl said:

I don't think there have been any gearbox issues on the Ranger.

Actually i agree with you ! So i have 3 ford ranger from 2014 xlt manual ,,, 2015 wildtrak auto and 2016 auto xlt and any issue.. all is parked in my home ,, 

1 minute ago, mehrdad said:

Actually i agree with you ! So i have 3 ford ranger from 2014 xlt manual ,,, 2015 wildtrak auto and 2016 auto xlt and any issue.. all is parked in my home ,, 

Waiting to be fixed...?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

You posted you have three Fords parked on your driveway, l just asked are they there waiting to be fixed...

2014 xlt manual 75000 km on clock,,, 2015 wildtrak 58000 km on clock ,, 2016 xlt auto 48000 km any issue ,, so my space is full and i dont want sale any one 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 7:05 AM, faraday said:

How does a Biturbo work on a 4 cylinder engine?

I'd imagine it is either twin scroll or a small and larger turbo piggy backed (sequential), to reduce turbo lag.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mattd said:

I'd imagine it is either twin scroll or a small and larger turbo piggy backed (sequential), to reduce turbo lag.

The small turbo in the new ranger give power at low rpm, at high rpm it is bypassed and the larger turbo takes over. 

This is the acceleration with a soft launch in the 215 2.0 turbo. Notice how it barely moves for 1.5 to two seconds. I don't know if that's lag. The driver definitely didn't try to launch it hard. Despite that it still manages 10.5 sec 0-100. I reckon it could come close to 9 sec. 

The standard 180 hp single turbo seems almost as quick

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Nothing has been "glazed over". You keep trying to point out non existing driving habits of mine. All I am saying, there is a problem with the gear in MY CAR. Maybe not so in other cars of this model.

21 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Nothing has been "glazed over". You keep trying to point out non existing driving habits of mine. All I am saying, there is a problem with the gear in MY CAR. Maybe not so in other cars of this model.

I'm exactly trying to point out driving habits of yours combined with why your car does what it does. Your truck is programmed to act a certain way, for reasons out of your control. You think that's wrong. IMO the problem is with you. 

If you're honest here - I'll wager most of your complaints disappear when put it into the "sport" setting. 

Does it?

30 minutes ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

I'm exactly trying to point out driving habits of yours combined with why your car does what it does. Your truck is programmed to act a certain way, for reasons out of your control. You think that's wrong. IMO the problem is with you. 

If you're honest here - I'll wager most of your complaints disappear when put it into the "sport" setting. 

Does it?

Yeap, you are correct. It's me.

Edited by LukKrueng

13 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

That is not what you have been saying./

You have said there is a problem with the gearbox in the Ranger. That may be the case in your Ranger, but in general: there is no problem with the gearbox in the Ranger.

16 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

I'd be amazed if a large number of posters in this thread could manage to find the floor in the morning.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Another outstanding post from yourself...?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2018 at 9:02 AM, NanLaew said:

Dammit! Over 150,000 km cumulative over two Rangers and I have never, ever experienced this.

I feel cheated. Who should I complain to?

Judging by Fords  customer service.................no them for starters?

On 7/23/2018 at 2:57 PM, DavisH said:

The small turbo in the new ranger give power at low rpm, at high rpm it is bypassed and the larger turbo takes over. 

This is the acceleration with a soft launch in the 215 2.0 turbo. Notice how it barely moves for 1.5 to two seconds. I don't know if that's lag. The driver definitely didn't try to launch it hard. Despite that it still manages 10.5 sec 0-100. I reckon it could come close to 9 sec. 

The standard 180 hp single turbo seems almost as quick

And the old 2.8 chevvy was even faster than the new bi turbo ,  still sold with that engine in "stralia!

29 minutes ago, kannot said:

No but youd  think theyd  do a  bit more than 210 hp 500nm for their "flagship"  model then ask a crazy price for it.

The added cost is mainly for the suspension, and a few bits and pieces. I wouldn't want to own one after the warranty expired and you are up for 200K to replace the shocks. 

Already one has been found on the road dead with sludge in the cooling system. 

https://www.matichon.co.th/economy/auto/news_1138233

Edited by DavisH

On 9/22/2018 at 1:33 PM, DavisH said:

The added cost is mainly for the suspension, and a few bits and pieces. I wouldn't want to own one after the warranty expired and you are up for 200K to replace the shocks. 

Already one has been found on the road dead with sludge in the cooling system. 

https://www.matichon.co.th/economy/auto/news_1138233

Incredibly, it looks like new! Blown head gasket? ????

• Like 1