'HE NEEDS HIS MOUTH TAPED UP' Mum of hero British caver says Elon Musk should be ‘put up against a wall and shot’ for calling her son a ‘paedo’

rooster59

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Nice twist, but that is not how it went down. Vern said Musk could take the mini sub and shove it where the sun didn't shine, and for those who understand the expression and the circumstances, they knew exactly what was meant. There was no suggestion of sexual activity. You as a Canadian should understand the expression and the context since it is common in Canada. Musk would have understood since he too is Canadian. 

Most likely, Musk didn't like be called out for being an opportunistic jerk and reacted like the petulant bully that he is. When someone tries to stir up  crap, he's told to shove it. It was a bit crude but deserved.

As was pointed out, he said said stick it where it hurts. An obvious suggestion that he should be sodomized by the sub.

But what exactly do you think stick it where the sun don't shine means? I always though it meant the chocolate starfish area, perhaps you think it means in a dark cellar or the north side of a tree in Canada?

• Haha 1

His actions, as derelict as they are. Just go to show. That money , in his case billions. Doesn't remove stupidity, aka humanity. The thought of putting his mini sub up his a**. Triggered a normal knee jerk response.  I honestly believe his heart was in the correct place. 

Also. I spent my entire adulthood in this Great Kingdom. To this day. People still question me as to why.  For them I don't feel a need to justify why I call this place home.

Mr Musk. Your a great man who acted like a dick. ......send Vern's Mom a Gen 3 and watch your stock soar.

Difcult to understand why go so far to say such. Yes it was wrong and Musk has to sort it out......  Maybe he lost it when someone he to stick it. Everybody has lost it well almost everybody. Apologizing might not correct what happened. If not make an arrangement to pay for silence 

and dig deep the new find a charity to support..

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

I spent my entire adulthood in this Great Kingdom. To this day. People still question me as to why.  For them I don't feel a need to justify why I call this place home.

But you do feel a need to tell us about how you dont feel a need to justify why you call this place home ?

Vern unsworth went hero to zero 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Seems when they launched his cars into space he would have been the perfect dummy to occupy the drivers seat...

1208207728_download(2).jpg.3756cbe8e0c9b7089a86f2e724aa1742.jpg

I don't understand this animus toward Musk. He reacted in anger toward an unfair personal attack, and with in a minute deleted it.

Subsequently he apologised . Everything that he has, he has created from nothing, his innovations has changed the automotive industry, renewable energy industry , space industry, etc

Musk is anything than a dummy  and has lived an exemplary life.

" Born in Pretoria, South Africa, Musk taught himself computer programming at the age of 12. He moved to Canada when he was 17 to attend Queen's University. He transferred to the University of Pennsylvania two years later, where he received an economics degree from the Wharton School and a degree in physics from the College of Arts and Sciences. He began a Ph.D. in applied physics and material sciences at Stanford University in 1995 but dropped out after two days to pursue an entrepreneurial career. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Spidey said:

He hasn't got a mum, he was created in a lab as were all his children.

Yeah he doesn't seem to stay at home much perhaps that's why is divorced, is it twice? He would need to be with a theoretical nuclear physicist or someone that likes to talk about matters she can relate to. The guy is a genius, Paypal etc he is mainly 1 step ahead of the world.

Very rude and disappointing behaviour from Elon Musk.

Such attitude that obviously will  reflect on some point  on his business ventures,  does not convey trust to purchase a Tesla.

Edited by observer90210

16 hours ago, dufusdonald said:

Sounds like Mr Unsworth's mom didn't educate her son very well in the manners book.  Well, here we go. Now Unsworth gets to shoot and kill Musk because Musk verbally defended himself against Unsworth's verbal and abusive assault.  Sounds about right.

I would say Unsworth is lucky he doesn't live in the USA. Yesterday in Florida a man got shot and killed after he pushed (assaulted) a man who had told his gf they were parked in a handicap zone.  The guy was afraid for his life, took out a registered gun and using the FL "defend your ground" law shot the guy. No charges.

I suggest and have suggested Mr Unsworth brought this whole debacle upon himself for no reason whatsoever that makes any sense. He lied about it being a PR stunt (Musk was asked to help), he lied when he said the sub did not work (it does) and he suggested Musk assault himself with his sub. 

Unsworth also posed for the taping his shoe photo that got worldwide recognition so he is a phony hypocrite. He took credit for helping to save the kids when he wasn't even a diver.  

Musk as a globally recognized person should not have used the term, Pedo. He has apologized. Unsworth has not.

I hope Unsworth sues and Musk countersues.  Should be fun.

It very simple and been pointed out many times but still many cant get it:

what Vern said is not illegal..

Calling someone peadofile is.

Courts wont even consider anything Vern said as grounds for rightful provocation to be called a peadofile

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Ignorant comment - is she low class?

Unlikely, she's just deeply offended at what Musk labelled her son. Her comments, like her son's were, are common and harmless expressions in England, whereas pedo is an appalling and very loaded accusation there, especially in conjunction with Thailand.

It's worth pointing out that The Sun is a very low class of newspaper though, and if there's any sleaze angle in any story you can rely on them to ferret it out. The Sun was one of the main culprits who got the government's knickers in a twist, with it's 27000 prostitutes in Pattaya exposé a short while back. And the story of Katie Price the British "model" sunbathing topless on a Thai beach a few days ago? It was The Sun who made her famous as one of their topless page 3 models back in the 90's.

Edited by lamyai3

5 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Her comments, like her son's were, are common and harmless expressions in England,

I am shocked to learn that  it is common practice in England to request of each other that they stick large objects up their arse. It explains a lot :tongue:   

"hello Mate did you stick something large up your arse today?"  No? "oh well . "get to it, chip chip cheerio"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

It very simple and been pointed out many times but still many cant get it:

what Vern said is not illegal..

Calling someone peadofile is.

Courts wont even consider anything Vern said as grounds for rightful provocation to be called a peadofile

In a situation where adverse comments be deemed 'Character assassination' - then they may well cross the legal line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I am shocked to learn that  it is common practice in England to request of each other that they stick large objects up their arse. It explains a lot :tongue:   

"hello Mate did you stick something large up your arse today?"  No? "oh well . "get to it, chip chip cheerio"

Pretty sure you wrote that last part with a Dick Van Dyke accent.

Definite culture gap here, the way the British use these expressions is predominantly humorous and not in any way literal. I can see this being a big sticking point if they have people like yourself on the California jury. 

Edited by lamyai3

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

There's a definite culture gap here, the way the British use these expressions is predominantly humorous and not in any way literal. I can see this being a big sticking point if they have people like yourself on the California jury. 

Nope, in Britain if you go with a brush to help somebody paint a fence and he tells you to 'stick it up your ar5e' or where 'the sun don't shine' he is in no way being humorous! He is telling you to <deleted>off and take your brush with you!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Nope, in Britain if you go with a brush to help somebody paint a fence and he tells you to 'stick it up your ar5e' or where 'the sun don't shine' he is in no way being humorous! He is telling you to <deleted>off and take your brush with you!

For sure, in that context it's pretty rude. It was in the way Vern used it too. But the point stands - it's not literal, and neither is his old mum's comment about being shot. 

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

For sure, in that context it's pretty rude. It was in the way Vern used it too. But the point stands - it's not literal, and neither is his old mum's comment about being shot. 

You could maybe say the same about being a 'pedo'. In the context of Thailand many men, including maybe Unsworth, have Thai wives younger than their daughters back home from a prior marriage. I don't think Musk likely ever meant to suggest that Unsworth literally was forcefully and criminally having sex with underage boys or girls.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Khun Jean said:

In YOUR mind it is an abbreviation. It might be 'slang'. Which is another interpretation

Ever heard an oncologist being called a onco? 
That is why pedo is a prefix, it can not stand by itself.

No automatic alt text available.

2 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

You could maybe say the same about being a 'pedo'. In the context of Thailand many men, including maybe Unsworth, have Thai wives younger than their daughters back home from a prior marriage. I don't think Musk likely ever meant to suggest that Unsworth literally was forcefully and criminally having sex with underage boys or girls.

In England such a comment would be way below the belt. Is there some overlap in the use of the word in the US where pedo is sometimes used in the way you describe, especially in the younger generation geek type crowd that Musk is used to?

I agree with much of what you've said on this topic, that it's very far from guaranteed that a California lawsuit wouldn't backfire. Your earlier comment that Unsworth didn't just say he can stick it where it hurts, but said it on CNN in front of an audience of millions is significant, in that it could have seriously made Musk's blood boil - it was the first comment to denigrate him to such a degree, and made on one of the highest profile platforms possible. But if Musk interpreted the comment as literal, and by the same token can claim to have meant pedo in the vague sense described above, it's going to result in lot of confusion. 

The thing most people on here seem to miss is that, at least in California, the degree to which "Stick his ..." and 'pedo' is the greater or lesser insult would likely not be the main determining factor in a libel case judgment.

And that comes straight out of California Civil Code, not my opinion.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, poohy said:

Oh dear!

i hardly think saying someone "should be shot" is the epitome of anger.

Where come and grew up blooming heck if you took offence when people said they could/would shoot someone you would be very thin skinned

Its basically an English saying when someone has upset you .  not a ..........  request!:coffee1:

When you are fighting for a cause you do not win support by saying that someone should be shot. Wisdom is supposed to come from our elders...

On another note, when I read stories of pedophiles and rapists on TV I do sometimes say the offenders should be hanged, but in these cases there was a physical action committed against someone.

I hope elon does not sue vern for his insults. But I do hope elon proves vern lied during his childish outburst like he says he will do. That would be justice enough. So after the sub goes 50 meters stick a mic in vern where it hurts and ask him what he thinks now. By the way I did not insult vern there, that's just normal use of the english language. Or so I have heard in this thread.

• Like 1

Mrs. Unsworth cannot understand why anybody would criticise her little Vern. In an interview with The Sun she said ' He is such a wonderful son. Ever since he was born our electricity bills have dropped. At night when we needed lighting I used to get Vern to lie down on his tummy, drop his trousers, and the sun would shine out of his arse, lighting up the whole room. This was a big cost savings to me.'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JLCrab said:

The thing most people on here seem to miss is that, at least in California, the degree to which "Stick his ..." and 'pedo' is the greater or lesser insult would likely not be the main determining factor in a libel case judgment.

And that comes straight out of California Civil Code, not my opinion.

Here is an informative link on California deformation law.

http://kellywarnerlaw.com/california-defamation-laws/

Edited by grollies