Thailand's rabies death toll up to 14 this year

webfact

21 hours ago, Pilotman said:

sorry but that is not entirely accurate, some sterilisation projects are going on right now in the north. 

Yes, and it has been organised with the vet office that the same project will be happening in my municipality next year - it could not this year, even though one village had rabies, due to the law not allowing the municipality to fund the drugs themselves. 

The municipality is not who funds the faint drugs otherwise the project would be going on in nearly all municipalities around Thailand and the rabies/dog population problem would not be as bad as it is. Municipalities are instead put on waiting lists for mass sterilisation at the same time vaccination occurs. 

Edited by wildewillie89
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TumblinDice said:

I adopted a soi dog, got him cleaned up & brought him home to Canada. He's living the dream on a beautiful farm, chasing squirrels, barn cats, digging up moles, running with the horses.

Too bad these a**holes on here have no compassion or care. They whine, bitch & complain but do nothing to help out

Well done. But, you must understand the burden these soi/stray dogs cause to people living here full time. The only way to "help out", is to put them down. They are a public menace!

Edited by Vacuum
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Well done. But, you must understand the burden these soi/stray dogs cause to people living here full time. The only way to "help out", is to put them down. They are a public menace!

rubbish. what burden?  You can't deal with dogs being dogs, rather pathetic don't you think?  Thy don't bother me one bit, in fact, I find many of them friendly and approachable.  The ones that are not I keep clear of, hardly a burden mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Said it a million times: use Thailand's vast supply of mostly useless Somchais, put a 100b bounty on soi dogs and see them disappear within 24 hours. Or to expedite things even more, simply offer two laukhao bottles per a mutt exterminated.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Vacuum said:

I grew up in Tripoli, Libya in the 70's, thats right, Libya. (shook Muarmmars hand when I was 16yrs old). Went to an American school OCS.

There were stray dogs everywhere. Police would drive around in jeeps armed with shot guns, jump out at the sight of any dog on the street & blow it away. I witnessed many being shot & buried my own after it followed my sister & I to school. It was a sickening, inhumane sight to see & I'll never forget it.

I doubt in Thailand they will ever do it humanely. A vet won't even euthanize a sick, injured animal. (I've witnessed that as well). People need to be educated & responsible. Vets could offer a free service to spay/neuter & vaccinate/euthanize & the government could compensate them for it. Foreigners could sponsor programs like Soi Dog. These dog hating fearful TV posters need to rise above & show some compassion to help out in the solution rather than continuously being the nagging do nothing problem. Put your money where your mouth is. 500B a month could save many, many animals or at least help to rid the problem humanely. Quit the damn whining & do something to help.

On 7/23/2018 at 7:54 PM, BEVUP said:

So what did they say a year back " it was only a certain area"

Looks nation wide to me 

Im "praying" it gets  way more serious and folks  take the law into their own hands and start a  cull, one of my neighbours has six ferkin dogs Id  kill the lot including him if I could. Their latest trick is to come onto my land and rip out  all the sprinklers with their teeth.

I would  love to know the toll   caused by dogs  running into roads and making motorcycle riders have an accident.

The stupidity of letting them run free never  cease to amaze me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TumblinDice said:

Vets could offer a free service to spay/neuter & vaccinate/euthanize 

agreed......thats  the  best  thing  they  could  do  to the owners

On 7/24/2018 at 12:31 PM, Pilotman said:

for a second there I thought you were listing the issues in the vast majority of  Asian, African and South American  tourist destinations, but you were singling out Thailand apparently?    I wonder why that's all. 

Because its a Thai forum not a "the rest of the world forum"

5 hours ago, kannot said:

Im "praying" it gets  way more serious and folks  take the law into their own hands and start a  cull, one of my neighbours has six ferkin dogs Id  kill the lot including him if I could. Their latest trick is to come onto my land and rip out  all the sprinklers with their teeth.

I would  love to know the toll   caused by dogs  running into roads and making motorcycle riders have an accident.

The stupidity of letting them run free never  cease to amaze me.

You have the right to defend if they're roaming free

Seen a Thai man ready to defend himself  with a machete 

On 7/24/2018 at 9:57 AM, humbug said:

usual 'exterminating control freaks on here'

14 dead is that it, This isn't news,just an excuse for the animal abusers to post their misery

how about people dying from road accidents thats news thats 27,000 dying every year

people slipping on bath tiles and dying is probably more than 100 a year

Rabies is a horrible death.  The usual bleeding heart dog-lovers here.  Rabies can be all but exterminated by culling the the wild dog population.  The road deaths can be all but exterminated by the formation of a working police force.