Thaksin son summoned in fraud probe

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"They got his dad, aunty and now going for him".

Are you suggesting that all the Shinawatras' charges are bogus or that they should have been ignored?  Jesus...   Do you think that the current government instigated the charges against Thaksin and Yingluck?

Don't get ahead of yourself. You and me are in no position to be privy to the judiciary processes of each case. Maybe I pose the question to you whether you think there are independence in the judiciary and the investigating/prosecuting agencies. 

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes that is what he is thinking.... he knows they are guilty (admitted as much) but feels they should not be prosecuted because others get away with the same thing. Eric feels corruption should be cleaned up.. but not if they start with the Shins. 

Why shouldn't be prosecuted if they committed a crime in a fair and independent legal system. Corruption didn't start with the Shins and not exclusive to the Shins. You get my drift; no need to bore you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I take your point. But what riles many of us is that this is not the pursuit and practice of genuine justice - it is a witchhunt, which is a totally different thing. Justice should be impartial and 'blind' (not favouring anyone). What we get under the junta is constant anti-justice, made-up 'justice', fabricated 'justice', 'justice' for the criminal victors and the victors alone - in other words, a travesty of justice.

You cannot talk about justice when the people 'administering' the 'justice' are evil, vicious and corrupt to the very core. The whole thing is a farce, and to use the word 'justice' in connection with an illegal military junta is an insult to the beauty and nobility of the very term and notion of real justice.

This witch-hunt.. as you call it would not be possible if no crimes would have been committed. Do you think the chargers are made up.. evidence falsified ? Otherwise I disagree with calling it a witch-hunt. I disagree with your made up remarks.. I would agree if the evidence was fabricated. Seems like your trying awfully hard to defend corruption.

How evil is it then to include corruption chargers in a amnesty ? I mean is that not totally contrary to good governance. I understand political crimes.. but corruption ? Can you explain this I mean that is a total evil thing done by YL.

IMHO, its better to work to a future where all corruption gets prosecuted instead of constantly defending crimes because they were committed by a side that you like or I like. So instead of defending cases with real crimes defend cases with made up evidence and put pressure on cases that are not prosecuted. That way you work towards a better future instead of stepping back and advocating that everyone should go free of corruption chargers until the law is perfect (that is what your basically advocating)

Your remark of justice for the victors.. you know that is exactly what the PTP did when they were in power, unfortunately its what all of them do when they are in power. (ignoring the ombudsman, hiding the corruption in the rice program, making Tarit go after Abisit to pressure him, and so many other examples) That is a system that needs to change and that does not change by defending corruption but to keep pressure on for ALL cases of corruption instead of defending them. 

• Like 1

Well I suppose it's time for the new incarnatin of the Shinawatra game. This time it will be called "Where's Panthongtae?"

I had so much fun with the last game of "Where's Yingluck." For example, I'd just walk up to a staff member, say nothing and maybe just lift their keyboard, or iced coffee, behind a pot plant or whatever and say "No, not there.." and then just walk off..

Eventually people started asking, what I was doing... I'd just reply that I was looking for Yingluck.

Comedy gold and endless entertainment I tells you.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

I get your drift, all corruption should be prosecuted, that is my point of view yet I always see you defending the Shin crimes.  Making excuses up and trying to deflect. Its just your style, maybe you can't help it.

Your suggesting that the cases against Thaksin and YL are not fair and made up evidence is used. That is pretty much defending corruption Eric.. You always ask me for proof for instance when I said that Thaksin is paying the MP's while now your doubting court verdicts without a shred of evidence on your side. 

Even worse.. you doubt Thaksin his lawyers.. if evidence was fabricated.. im sure they would have found it. These guys are the best money can buy.

No it’s not my style to defend corruption but it is only your poor comprehension. 

You have the bad habit of fabricating words that were not in the conversation and making deflection to out of topic subjects.  Read again and perhaps made comment to the comment about corruption don’t start with Shins neither is it exclusive. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

No it’s not my style to defend corruption but it is only your poor comprehension. 

You have the bad habit of fabricating words that were not in the conversation and making deflection to out of topic subjects.  Read again and perhaps made comment to the comment about corruption don’t start with Shins neither is it exclusive. 

Oh i thought that you made comments in this topic about the judiciary process.. just hinting at an unfair process. Seems a lot like defending corruption. You have no proof of this though you hint at it .. while when i do the same in an other topic you attack me on it so its not off topic when it shows how you measure with two sticks one for you and one for other posts.

Many of your posts in topics like this are all aimed at creating the impression that the cases are not fair and they did not do it. I have yet to see you really come down them and then you call me a junta supporter. At least I don't defend corruption perpetuated by them. When there is the slightest hint of corruption i tear into them just like you do, however when its about shin corruption you defend them while i tear into them. 

Hinting at unfair judiciary process.. is crazy.. Thaksin has the best lawyers.. do you think your better then them.. that they would let that slip ?

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Don't get ahead of yourself. You and me are in no position to be privy to the judiciary processes of each case. Maybe I pose the question to you whether you think there are independence in the judiciary and the investigating/prosecuting agencies. 

What? Don't you get ahead of yourself by trying to divert away from your comment that I asked you about that you won't answer.  Try answering that one first before posing a question unconnected to this thread about judicial independence

love the way all thaksin family apologist in here deny the corrupt way they go about things, their crimes have been exposed for everyone to see but these idiots continually try to deny them. Simply saying they are political does not stop them from being the truth, yes the govt may well be chasing them deliberately bu the crimes were committed by them so they are guilty. Doesnt matter who commits the crimes, reds,  yellows, ptp, dems, the rich and "famous" etc they all need to be held accountable, trouble is here in Thailand that usually only happens when those in govt are p*ssed at them, if the legal service actually worked there would be a hell of a lot more facing charges and being locked up instead of being allowed to leave the country or get off as they do now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

What? Don't you get ahead of yourself by trying to divert away from your comment that I asked you about that you won't answer.  Try answering that one first before posing a question unconnected to this thread about judicial independence

It’s connected and the basis of the legal system. It’s ok if you want to avoid. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

It’s connected and the basis of the legal system. It’s ok if you want to avoid. 

It's not connected at all with the question I asked you that you're avoiding answering!

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

It's not connected at all with the question I asked you that you're avoiding answering!

You should really know better....................... slippery as an eel, that one ?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, robblok said:

Oh i thought that you made comments in this topic about the judiciary process.. just hinting at an unfair process. Seems a lot like defending corruption. You have no proof of this though you hint at it .. while when i do the same in an other topic you attack me on it so its not off topic when it shows how you measure with two sticks one for you and one for other posts.

Many of your posts in topics like this are all aimed at creating the impression that the cases are not fair and they did not do it. I have yet to see you really come down them and then you call me a junta supporter. At least I don't defend corruption perpetuated by them. When there is the slightest hint of corruption i tear into them just like you do, however when its about shin corruption you defend them while i tear into them. 

Hinting at unfair judiciary process.. is crazy.. Thaksin has the best lawyers.. do you think your better then them.. that they would let that slip ?

No one defending corruption including you. We are saying the same thing that Thaksin is corrupted. What we want is a fair and independent legal system to convict him. The current legal system has been compromised and influenced and allowed some to get away with blatant corruption while others been sitting in the files for ages. What chance you have even with the best lawyers in this legal system.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Don't worry its on par for Eric, he won't answer that question, because he knows if he does he either gets proven wrong or he has t admit the chargers are real. He prefers to post replies that are vague that cast doubt on Thaksin his guild trying to defend him. Going all out and committing is stupid and Eric is not stupid he knows he can't really try to defend Thaksin so just some vague remarks and deflections should do the job for him. You will never really see him commit against PTP corruption. A total difference from his remarks on junta corruption.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

.. corruption don’t start with Shins neither is it exclusive. 

Indeed not.................. but they did seem to do it better than anyone else and the family made a career out of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

No one defending corruption including you. We are saying the same thing that Thaksin is corrupted. What we want is a fair and independent legal system to convict him. The current legal system has been compromised and influenced and allowed some to get away with blatant corruption while others been sitting in the files for ages. What chance you have even with the best lawyers in this legal system.

If the facts are not true then good lawyers will get you off... but as you say Thaksin is corrupt so the chargers are not false.. then even the best lawyers wont get you off.

There is a difference between selecting cases based on political preference and an unfair trial. Do you think he got an unfair trial and is innocent ? I think he gets more attention than the junta but his trials are fair. 

I like you prefer that all cases get the same attention, and are treated the same. I am bored with the junta corruption not getting investigated and bored with Suthep getting a free pass. But that does not mean I want others to be treated the same because that would lead to anarchy. Better to put pressure on those cases that are not progressing then to defend cases of corrupt officials because they are people who you or i like. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Indeed not.................. but they did seem to do it better than anyone else and the family made a career out of it.

Don't think better. They got the conviction, didn't they? Others are luckier; especially the generals and aligned politicians. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

Don't worry its on par for Eric, he won't answer that question, because he knows if he does he either gets proven wrong or he has t admit the chargers are real. He prefers to post replies that are vague that cast doubt on Thaksin his guild trying to defend him. Going all out and committing is stupid and Eric is not stupid he knows he can't really try to defend Thaksin so just some vague remarks and deflections should do the job for him. You will never really see him commit against PTP corruption. A total difference from his remarks on junta corruption.

El - the mother of all deflectors...

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

El - the mother of all deflectors...

Wrong. I am neither a mother nor a female. Do reserve the deflector tag for those who are blind to the highly skewed legal system and ignore that there are political expediency going after the junta political enemies. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Wrong. I am neither a mother nor a female. Do reserve the deflector tag for those who are blind to the highly skewed legal system and ignore that there are political expediency going after the junta political enemies. 

Blind to a highly skewed political system - no further comment needed...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Based purely on the facts of the case, as reported, do you actually believe that would be an incorrect verdict?

I think both him & YL have been convicted so neither should be able to run in an election anyway

54 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Read more.

I read and read and read some more,  but my conclusion is that Taksin family is hated by a lot.  He's accused of something along the lines of  borrowing money and it being approved by way of bribe or giving his own companies contracts. Something like that.  I can never get clear indication.  Perhaps someone here can clearly state to me what illegal things he's done wrong.  I'm open minded so will happily accept.