Foreign minister given till August to justify wife's shares

snoop1130

Foreign minister given till August to justify wife's shares

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

1532598915183934835239-696x522.png

An undated photo of Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai. Photo: Matichon

BANGKOK — The Constitutional Court on Thursday gave the foreign minister until next month to explain why his wife held more than 5 percent of shares in a private company despite it being a violation of transparency laws.

The court gave Don Pramudwinai until Aug. 7 to hear his defense, after which it will deliberate on whether to suspend him. He was originally due to make his case July 7, but requested for an extension. The court will weigh whether Don will be temporarily suspended from office as per Article 82 of the constitution.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/07/26/foreign-minister-given-till-august-to-justify-wifes-shares/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-7-26

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Let me quess;the 7August to hear his defense will be postponed again. The junta knows how to take care of their own. 

You should know better. This has been going on forever, it is not strictly a junta trait

• Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 7:55 PM, rkidlad said:

Well, Don hasn't been given 'til August to explain the shares. Someone else has. If they can't think of a good enough lie, they'll be given an extension. 

Anyway, Prawit had what? Nearly 8 months now to explain his watches. 

And he has already. 'I borrowed it from a mate'. The other watches? 'Err, I borrowed them from mates'.

So the other watches were borrowed from others?

'Yes! No, I borrowed them from the same guy'.

And the NACC desperately drag their feet. Now they have another high profile case on the books which will go the same way.

Me, I don't really care anymore. Not if the Thai public choose to believe whatever flapdoodle is thrown at them then choose to believe the exact opposite tomorrow. It's up to them, really.

On 7/27/2018 at 1:51 PM, Valentine said:

You should know better. This has been going on forever, it is not strictly a junta trait

This one is. As is the watch scandal plus others.

It has been well over four years now. 'But, but, what about something else. Look over there!' is simply no longer an argument.

But then 'I stand by the Thai junta' is a bit of an embarrassing position nowadays.

That said, you are probably on the winning side, so I suppose I don't blame you.

I want to see the little fat p prosecuted first. Aint no way in hades he should get away with it. Facade of a government. . They most definitely already have the answers of whose name is on the watches documents of ownership, but if this new guy gets off as well then I hope it starts the wheels of had enough from the Thai citizens. 

31 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I want to see the little fat p prosecuted first. Aint no way in hades he should get away with it. Facade of a government. . They most definitely already have the answers of whose name is on the watches documents of ownership, but if this new guy gets off as well then I hope it starts the wheels of had enough from the Thai citizens. 

Yeah good luck with that. Thais want to avoid any kind of confrontation & to save face. I can imagine its 10x more adhered to when it comes to criticizing the government so they'll just smile, bend over & take it.