Foreinger couple want make a family in Thai..

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's not that complicated. My wife is not Thai, nor is our son, although he was born here. I have an Extension based on working here, and both my wife and son "piggyback" on this. It's renewed each year.

Only children with a Thai parent can be Thai, so the OP's child cannot be Thai. He/she will need a passport to leave Thailand.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's renewed each year. That's exactly the point. Even after 20 years, you've gotta renew it each year. There's no three, or five-year visa, even for those who work at/for government schools, without being government employees. 

The only way for me to continue staying here legally was an upgrade of my education. I'm just wondering what's next? Education in this country is more brainwashing, rote learning at its finest. 

Students at primary and secondary schools are not allowed to ask their teachers any questions. An unwritten law by the MoE, the reason is simple and weird at the same time. The teacher would lose face if she/he wouldn't know the answer.

I don't want my kids to bow down to people who went through the same education and never failed. 

9 hours ago, BuckleUp said:

To me that says his company/structure is NOT based in Thailand. Perhaps he's an online entrepreneur. Maybe he works through freelance website and part of the "gig" economy. If they are not working for a Thai /approved multinational here, what legal entity will sponsor the work permit? Seems the OP comes here for holidays, does not pay tax here, etc. So how can he get a work permit here then?

Actually we work for an Italian cruise company based in Shanghai and our itineraries are from Japan to Thailand. 

In any case we are planning to open a business here, a Thai company that will let us work (or at least one of us), with a regular wp and visa. 

9 hours ago, BuckleUp said:

You also got to decide, you want the kids educated Australian/European/American or Chinese or Thai? Consider open-mindedness versus closed-mindedness. Individuality and creativity versus indoctrination into a culture/religion/way of thinking. 

I well know. Is exactly for this reason that 7 years ago I went away from Italy, and I didn't choose any other place in Europe, USA or Australia. I absolutely don't want my child will learn that way to leave, let's say to don't live. 

Now, after 7 years I still working hard to unlearning my culture. 

The education comes from many different inputs, and is just my opinion, European, American and Australian can learn a lot from Thai people. 

I know, no one country is perfect, also in Thai there are many problems, we are just uman been. But I travelled most of the world to find a place, and his is the only one where I feel me at home. 

I speak Thai, like my partner, not well yet, but we are improving. And off course my child have to learn Thai and English as first languages and Chinese and Italian as secondary. 

About the open mind, I like to think that the education before comes from the school, it comes from parents. Travel to know different countries and religions will help my childs more then one book. 

Western way to live, for me, is overrated. 

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I would say the minimum for a private school would be 10k baht per term. 

10K bath per term.. at month?

So there are differences, not only private school at $1500 at month. 

34 minutes ago, Boris79 said:

10K bath per term.. at month?

So there are differences, not only private school at $1500 at month. 

The school year in Thailand begins in mid-May short before the monsoon rains set in.  The first semester winds down in early October with end-of-semester exams and students take a three- to four-week break.

Students return for the second semester at the end of October, or the beginning of November. There a few intermittent holidays along the way, including time off to celebrate Western New Year. Final exams are held in late February or early March before the school year ends.

• Thanks 1

Please note that none of you - including your child - will qualify for free health care. You will all 3 have to pay for it and should get insurance for at least major costs.

Be sure to factor this into your budgeting.

As has been explained, being born in Thailand does not entitle your child to Thai nationality or Thai passport.

• Thanks 1

It's renewed each year. That's exactly the point. Even after 20 years, you've gotta renew it each year. There's no three, or five-year visa, even for those who work at/for government schools, without being government employees. 

The only way for me to continue staying here legally was an upgrade of my education. I'm just wondering what's next? Education in this country is more brainwashing, rote learning at its finest. 

Students at primary and secondary schools are not allowed to ask their teachers any questions. An unwritten law by the MoE, the reason is simple and weird at the same time. The teacher would lose face if she/he wouldn't know the answer.

I don't want my kids to bow down to people who went through the same education and never failed. 

Yes, we all have to traipse to Immigration for the new Extension each year and do 90 day reports. It's tedious but I have no desire to live here permanently or to send my non-Thai son to a Thai school, for the reasons you outline. It will have to be mid-range international schools for him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app