Infographics: Thai Tourism's Reliance on China

rooster59

More Chinese tourists, more pressure from Beijing to look the other way when they are behaving badly.

Have any Chinese been arrested in the X- Ray outlaw foreigner operation?

One rule for them (the Chinese) and one rule for all other nationalities.

Three year old video, but it shows how the Thai government blames itself more for not helping inform the Chinese about Thai culture.

And when other nationalities do something wrong then all hell breaks loose.1521939113693.jpgimages-20.jpg
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Hi - not sure.  China is 1) nearby and 2) MASSIVE.  Thailand is to China what Spain and Greece are to Europe and what Mexico is to the US. Relatively cheap, tropical destinations.  As much as I dislike Chinese groups, it's only natural that Thailand focus on the Chinese (even at the relative ignoring of Western tourist).  In 20 years, there may be more middle class Chinese than in the US and Europe combined.  Sad to think about, but likely true.

i can imagine a time in the distant future when the majority of the worlds population will have squinty eyes and dark skin. With China and India's prosperity and huge populations the Falang's days will be numbered.

Sad but IMO true, it's already happening just look around and see for yourself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rheinwiese said:

... 120 Million of the Chinese population of nearly 1.4 Billion are assigned passports.....

This is probably more than the US population that have passports (excl. the Mexicans, etc, living there.)

edit... OK.. not quite... https://www.theexpeditioner.com/2010/02/17/how-many-americans-have-a-passport-2/

Edited by steve73
Added link.

8 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Hi - not sure.  China is 1) nearby and 2) MASSIVE.  Thailand is to China what Spain and Greece are to Europe and what Mexico is to the US. Relatively cheap, tropical destinations.  As much as I dislike Chinese groups, it's only natural that Thailand focus on the Chinese (even at the relative ignoring of Western tourist).  In 20 years, there may be more middle class Chinese than in the US and Europe combined.  Sad to think about, but likely true.

That said, like Spain and Greece, recurring tourists are needed.

How many Chinese visitors are recurring?

I am afraid if the Chinese get more affluent Thailand will miss out on changing wishes.

See Korea.

Edited by hansnl
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

i can imagine a time in the distant future when the majority of the worlds population will have squinty eyes and dark skin. With China and India's prosperity and huge populations the Falang's days will be numbered.

Yes, I think this is happening now as far as Falang days numbered.

Less guys coming seems like the same faces in the same places.

In 10 years I bet a very few will remain.

• Like 2

Did we really need a ''pie chart'' to understand this....someones friend is making a barrel of cash on pie charts for this country...may I suggest  a ''pie chart '' on ''pie charts '''

Edited by mok199
speliings

On 7/28/2018 at 9:42 AM, pokerface1 said:

It's called evolution. It will stop when we do not exist.