How many Dogs can someone have?

kirkieb

and this is another reason not to buy property.

if you can't manage with ear plugs, or drown out the noise with a fan or AC or a white noise machine,  you have three choices:  accept it as life in thailand and drink yourself blind, move elsewhere, or build a soundproof bedroom (recording studio).

11 minutes ago, essox essox said:

as there are NO Environment Health departments (city councils), to complain to I dont think there is much you can do about it.'

You are wrong. Public health departments do exist, at least in Pattaya, and they can be quite effective if approached the right way.

Of course out in the sticks it may be a different story.

I forgot to mention we are all in Townhouses with the 7 dogs in a double townhouse. so in 5 Townhouses there are 16 Dogs so if one barks look out.
I have 2 dogs myself but they are well trained so I guess I'm frustrated at the owners of dogs who don't seem to actually care to have a quiet street. 16 Dogs in the space of 35 mtrs Its 5 O'clock somewhere in the world cheers.

I have the same thing in Udon Thani.  3 dogs per house is the minimum and 6+ is common.  There muse be 50 dogs within 1 soi of my house in all directions.  And I'm not in a village but a development near the airport.  I hate it here and will move into my new and quiet home in 3-4 months. 

In the meantime I bought some high frequency bark arrest devices from Alibaba and placed one at the front and side of my house. They were $4-$5 each.  Surprisingly they work!  So when a dog barks the device sends an ultra high frequency noise that only dogs can hear and it stops the barking.  It took about 3 weeks for the dogs to learn the routine and although it does not stop ALL barking it has cut it down 90%.  Still I have dogs chasing motorbikes etc but the constant barking day and night in close proximity to my house has all but stopped.

Unfortunately the effective range is about 10 meters so the dogs farther away are unaffected.  Since it is illegal to shoot them with a pellet gun or sling shot or toss a rock at them I went this route and now enjoy a much quieter time.

7 minutes ago, MarcIssan said:

I have the same thing in Udon Thani.  3 dogs per house is the minimum and 6+ is common.  There muse be 50 dogs within 1 soi of my house in all directions.  And I'm not in a village but a development near the airport.  I hate it here and will move into my new and quiet home in 3-4 months. 

In the meantime I bought some high frequency bark arrest devices from Alibaba and placed one at the front and side of my house. They were $4-$5 each.  Surprisingly they work!  So when a dog barks the device sends an ultra high frequency noise that only dogs can hear and it stops the barking.  It took about 3 weeks for the dogs to learn the routine and although it does not stop ALL barking it has cut it down 90%.  Still I have dogs chasing motorbikes etc but the constant barking day and night in close proximity to my house has all but stopped.

Unfortunately the effective range is about 10 meters so the dogs farther away are unaffected.  Since it is illegal to shoot them with a pellet gun or sling shot or toss a rock at them I went this route and now enjoy a much quieter time.

Link please to Alibaba.  You are a life saver. ?

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

simple....

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs but annoying other people at 5am is out of order, no matter what religion/nationality/color/animal

Singapore got it right on this issue years ago. You can practice whatever religion you want but it can't infringe on other peoples rights. I don't like nanny states, but I do when I'm trying to get some sleep. Nothing against Islam but I do have an issue with the minarets and they're wailing.

I have a similar issue with a neighbor in an up market estate who refuses to reduce the number of dogs which have no training and bark incessantly at nothing most of the time. I tried talking to him first step, completely ignored me. He also lives on a corner where he parks his cars, some times including his company vans which is dangerous for other users driving around the corner. Everybody else parks there cars inside where all houses have large 2 car car ports. His attitude is <deleted> it’s my house I’ll do what I like, the cars are also parked on the wrong side, thought of getting the police involved but doubt that would help. The estate committee sends emails and has talked to him no joy there. I nearly wiped a neighbor out who came around the corner on a motorbike whilst I was forced on the wrong side of the road . Anyway I am just waiting for the accident and hoping he or one of his brats get hurt. I’ll be the one doing the after accident filming.

2 hours ago, MarcIssan said:

You deserve a medal? with the bonus of the eternal recognition of hundreds of TV members?

10 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

That's nothing, my neighbor has 12 cats and 3 of them are pregnant! The rest either males or on heat. Needless to say, they like to cone over to sleep on my lawn furniture. Nothing like the smell of cat piss to wake you up in the morning..

When I ask why they aren't muted, I get a response which generally means they will do it if I pay..

You could mute the cats by gagging them, but to me it seems you need to have the females neutered.  But who will pay?

On 7/28/2018 at 10:48 AM, kirkieb said:

My Thai wife tells me I need to change my way of life after 6 years in the Village.

What a nightmare. Your wife's probably right - you'd be better in a condo in the city... 

Archived