How many Dogs can someone have?

kirkieb

Can someone please tell me there is a Council Law that covers how many dogs and Roosters one house can own in a Suburban development?

We are in a gated Village in Nongprue and new tenants arrived 3 days ago and in tow they have 7 dogs from Beagles, Thai Dog, Husky, Labradors

These dogs are outside dogs and if one barks they all bark.

One house has dozens of Roosters they regularly allow to graze on the Common Land but 4am every morning there is an alarm clock most developed countries don't allow Roosters in Suburbia.

My Thai wife tells me I need to change my way of life after 6 years in the Village.

Surely there is common sense and a department who enforces such noise issues.

We not Juristic yet but working on it but that's a toothless tiger so far.

<deleted>

23 minutes ago, kirkieb said:

most developed countries don't allow Roosters in Suburbia.

Thailand is not a developed country. Thailand is a developing country.

I understand your frustration, but IMO if one need developed country standards one need to live in a developed country with all its positives such as no roosters and all the nanny state negatives.  

Having said all that, there is no harm in trying to learn about the regulations concerning your problem.

If there are limitations to the number of dogs and or roosters in your area ,I suggest you are diplomatic on how you suggest they are enforced   as the solution my be more trouble than its worth. 

32 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

It would not be a Thai village if it did not have dogs and chickens running free.

What noise dogs barking and chickens crowing is music to our ears.

These are not villages in the country.. but gated communities with different laws. There are laws governing this.. getting enforcement is a different story. But you can't compare the gated communities with typical Thai villages in the sticks.  

I live in one such a village in BKK, the guards here keep everyone in check, dogs are ok but they should not become a nuisance.. then something is said about it. 

2 hours ago, kirkieb said:

We are in a gated Village in Nongprue..............

We not Juristic yet but working on it but that's a toothless tiger so far.

This seems to be the crux of your problem. Without a housing association (juristic person, committee, whatever) you have little hope of creating internal rules.

Once you have the rules your next problem will be imposing them, and that depends largely on whoever is doing the management.

In the meantime if this is a real nuisance that is affecting more people than just you, you could approach the public health department at your local town hall.

Of course this being Thailand there is always the chance that the new tenants will go bonkers and attack you with machetes if you complain.

I do agree that pointless noise is the scourge of Thailand, and seems to be absolutely everywhere.

It would not be a Thai village if it did not have dogs and chickens running free.
  What noise dogs barking and chickens crowing is music to our ears.

What about the village PA announcements every morning at 5.30... they’re louder than all dogs and chickens combined in this village.

I was thinking of complaining but someone else recently complained to the local Town Hall about the unbearable noise now being generated from the 4 new, huge speakers. The local village-head guy now screams out every day, words to the effect of, “I will find out who complained, until then I will punish you all by increasing the volume”.

12 hours ago, kirkieb said:

One house has dozens of Roosters they regularly allow to graze on the Common Land but 4am every morning there is an alarm clock most developed countries don't allow Roosters in Suburbia.

Where in Pattaya are you as Nongprue covers a big area? Simple answer however is no.

8 hours ago, Gregster said:

What about the village PA announcements every morning at 5.30... they’re louder than all dogs and chickens combined in this village.

Again never heard of "village"/moo bahn PA announcements anywhere close to central Pattaya?

I stand to be corrected but guess it will be some way outside? 

That's nothing, my neighbor has 12 cats and 3 of them are pregnant! The rest either males or on heat. Needless to say, they like to cone over to sleep on my lawn furniture. Nothing like the smell of cat piss to wake you up in the morning..

When I ask why they aren't muted, I get a response which generally means they will do it if I pay..

12 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

That's nothing, my neighbor has 12 cats and 3 of them are pregnant! The rest either males or on heat. Needless to say, they like to cone over to sleep on my lawn furniture. Nothing like the smell of cat piss to wake you up in the morning..

When I ask why they aren't muted, I get a response which generally means they will do it if I pay..

Pay ... it does not cost a lot , and you'll be more quiet  ...

On 7/28/2018 at 11:28 AM, sirineou said:

I understand your frustration, but IMO if one need developed country standards one need to live in a developed country with all its positives such as no roosters and all the nanny state negatives.  

Having said all that, there is no harm in trying to learn about the regulations concerning your problem.

If there are limitations to the number of dogs and or roosters in your area ,I suggest you are diplomatic on how you suggest they are enforced   as the solution my be more trouble than its worth. 

Hi Siri - - Some of the laws in developed countries can be difficult to enforce when it comes to barking dogs... I know friends who have been through hell, having to tape record barking for 20 minutes straight in suburban US neighborhoods ... and then the police might just talk to the neighbor, but mostly not wanting to get involved.. etc.. 

That said, OP - moving to a village for quiet rarely works. I had a condo in Bkk for a while, at the end of a soi, that was pretty quiet...

On 7/28/2018 at 2:40 PM, Gregster said:

And mosques at certain hours when people are sleeping..........but we won't go there.

On 7/28/2018 at 7:08 AM, KittenKong said:

This seems to be the crux of your problem. Without a housing association (juristic person, committee, whatever) you have little hope of creating internal rules.

Once you have the rules your next problem will be imposing them, and that depends largely on whoever is doing the management.

In the meantime if this is a real nuisance that is affecting more people than just you, you could approach the public health department at your local town hall.

Of course this being Thailand there is always the chance that the new tenants will go bonkers and attack you with machetes if you complain.

I do agree that pointless noise is the scourge of Thailand, and seems to be absolutely everywhere.

It tends to be a rural problem but even even in Lisboa our neighbours had cockrels in the 80s and in India in the 70s was full of Radio noise  generated by the contraception campaign. I use ear  plugs

On 7/28/2018 at 11:24 AM, Phuket Man said:

I think that your Wife is correct.

Right. Your first flaw - "most developed countries". Thailand isn't, in the western sense, though I find it more developed than some "1st world" places. I once lived in a European's house, with 38 dogs (and don't think about the lawn!), so I assume there's no limit. For the noise, close your windows, turn on the a/c. Do not complain. We don't complain here, we avoid. If you can't manage it, do what the Thais say, "You weren't invited, so you can leave." HTH  

1 hour ago, ross163103 said:

And mosques at certain hours when people are sleeping..........but we won't go there.

Why not go there ?? It's noise pollution, plain and simple....

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs but annoying other people at 5am is out of order, no matter what religion/nationality/color/animal

On 7/28/2018 at 11:28 AM, sirineou said:

"Thailand is a developing country".  That's correct, but there is still very very much developing to be done.

46 minutes ago, RBOP said:

Check with the village admin office. If it's a gated community there will be rules. 

Yes, plenty of rules for the security guards to enforce in their nice uniforms, and don't forget the whistles.

28 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

Right. Your first flaw - "most developed countries". Thailand isn't, in the western sense, though I find it more developed than some "1st world" places. I once lived in a European's house, with 38 dogs (and don't think about the lawn!), so I assume there's no limit. For the noise, close your windows, turn on the a/c. Do not complain. We don't complain here, we avoid. If you can't manage it, do what the Thais say, "You weren't invited, so you can leave." HTH  

"You weren't invited, so you can leave."  Yes we were, don't forget that we are "guests" in this country.:cheesy:

Archived