What's your cost of living here in Thailand?

dallen52

26 minutes ago, NonthaburiBear said:

chai krup, you can give on several ocassion  like her Birthday or wedding anniversary..but buying her too many  gift or on monthly basis or without a cause  that's really matter. theres only 2 cause if she's keep recieveng or asking for it

1. You been caught cheating or lying to her

2. She's a gold digger

Woman doesnt need all that fancy give , yes they want security ( security as you will not cheating on her or you'll be a resposible man for their relationship ) .You want security by giving fancy gift..sure you can until your bank account has dried up. No Money No Honey

Ain't us men lucky...Go into any shopping centre in Thailand or the world for that matter and look, 90% of all that is for sale is for girls and ladies.  90% of the money to buy these things is provided my men.  So we have to get something for our money.  It's only when you get to my age (old) that you can see what's been going on for the last 10,000 years...and that's OK, sort of.  Thing ain't never gunna change.

Edited by David Walden

4 minutes ago, NonthaburiBear said:

I give her my heart,my gent heart that i will not cheat on her and my time, as she refuse all my gift ( been a year now)  she say she dont need anything from me to the fact i have better income  and many possesion rather than than her. I'm no cheap charlie  as many time i try to buy her designer clothes at Siam Paragon  and always refuse by her. I love beautiful thing's as your'e but doesn't mean i want her to dress or eat like me ( she's more comfortable with cheap clothes at Platinum Plaza,) or eat Street Food rather than fancy restaurant. Dont think low on her, shes studying at Thai university .

i dont want to change her to be like me or dont cheat on me because i invest much money on her by giving her many gift. I dont try to winning her heart

i dont pointed you with being lack of confidence, but most men giving too many material prized means they trying to winning her partner  heart or afraid she will leave him soon . The right women will stay with no matter who you are,if you always fork her out with gifts  chances are youre prolonging the inevitable.

just my 2 cents mate

Perhaps she just want's to be loved?...I'd hang onto that one...Sometimes when you give money or something expensive to a Thai girl here is and expectation sexual favour must be given in exchange (yes sometimes).  If that  Thai girl is at a social events with her own friends in very expensive cloths the tongues will be wagging. and boy "o" boy can Thai girls get their tongues wagging. (not so much in the west).

11 hours ago, tropo said:

You need to define "too much". The "too" automatically indicates a problem, just as too little could be a problem for your partner. I buy just the right amount, not too much and not too little.

The part you don't understand is that jewelry, skin care products, quality makeup, nice clothes, good quality bags, shoes etc, although expensive, are not gifts for my wife, just as they aren't for most Western women. I like her to wear nice things and to look after her skin.

What do you give your partner? If you think the above is bribery, I pity any female you're dating.

And about lacking confidence in a relationship. Thanks for your concern, but it's no concern for me. We are rock solid.

I've always said "if you can't eat it it's not much good" now please nobody take that the wrong way.

10 hours ago, NonthaburiBear said:

i dont pointed you with being lack of confidence, but most men giving too many material prized means they trying to winning her partner  heart or afraid she will leave him soon . The right women will stay with no matter who you are,if you always fork her out with gifts  chances are youre prolonging the inevitable.

just my 2 cents mate

You may prefer your partner to walk around in market clothes, cheap shoes, and bags, with no makeup or cheap jewelry, that's your choice. You're not alone. I prefer my lady not to look like a farm girl.

You just fail to understand the main point. The stuff I buy for my wife here is what most girls in your home country have anyway. They are not prized material possessions.

I'm still waiting for that supposed inevitable after nearly 15 years. You're just looking to justify your cheap ways.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

If he is very wealthy  , he wouldn't have phrased it with "wife blowing up his budget every month wanting rings and new stuff " 

Have you ever heard a seriously wealthy person complain about their monthly budget?? 

Just learn to say No sometimes gentlemen,you must be from a country where the men are lacking in testicular fortitude.... ?

The problem is you're trying to insult people who like to buy nice stuff for their wives.

In my case the wife is first to say no... and then I buy it. I'm the problem, not her. I buy the stuff because I want to. 

Yes, I have heard rich people complain about spending small amounts of money.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tropo said:

The problem is you're trying to insult people who like to buy nice stuff for their wives.

In my case the wife is first to say no... and then I buy it. I'm the problem, not her. I buy the stuff because I want to. 

Yes, I have heard rich people complain about spending small amounts of money.

It would be nice if all you blokes stop your personal insults so those blokes and ladies that have been having fun on this site can get on with the job of having more fun...give it a break.

49 minutes ago, tropo said:

You may prefer your partner to walk around in market clothes, cheap shoes, and bags, with no makeup or cheap jewelry, that's your choice. You're not alone. I prefer my lady not to look like a farm girl.

You just fail to understand the main point. The stuff I buy for my wife here is what most girls in your home country have anyway. They are not prized material possessions.

I'm still waiting for that supposed inevitable after nearly 15 years. You're just looking to justify your cheap ways.

Hold on Charlie... each on their own na krup  ? and i dont blame you for giving many as your previous post. I just say most people try to winning their partner heart by giving numerous gifts either expensive or not. its just now my way,fyi  My girlfriend work as sales repr. for global consumer goods, most of her are SPG who work at BMS  and doesn't mean theyre cheap girl.Most beautiful Thai woman around 25 yrs buy their stuff at JJ or cheap secondhand thrift store for the sake keep their sweat money for holiday outside Thailand. 15 years good for you, hope Murphys doesnt come to you anytime soon..cheers mate

47 minutes ago, NonthaburiBear said:

Hold on Charlie... each on their own na krup  ? and i dont blame you for giving many as your previous post. I just say most people try to winning their partner heart by giving numerous gifts either expensive or not. its just now my way,fyi  My girlfriend work as sales repr. for global consumer goods, most of her are SPG who work at BMS  and doesn't mean theyre cheap girl.Most beautiful Thai woman around 25 yrs buy their stuff at JJ or cheap secondhand thrift store for the sake keep their sweat money for holiday outside Thailand. 15 years good for you, hope Murphys doesnt come to you anytime soon..cheers mate

I thought you were Charlie LOL.

Is a 15 year successful relationship not enough to convince you that you could be wrong in my case. Afterall, you were spinning your theory of inevitability as a direct reply to me, so you weren't being general at all.

I don't know how successful (long) you've been at it with this girl that loves you for your personality alone, but perhaps when the wife finally realizes you're going to be Charlie for life, Murphy may pay YOU a visit.

Edited by tropo

31 minutes ago, tropo said:

Is a 15 year successful relationship not enough to convince you that you could be wrong in my case. Afterall, you were spinning your theory of inevitability as a direct reply to me, so you weren't being general at all.

I don't know how successful (long) you've been at it with this girl that loves you for your personality alone, but perhaps when the wife finally realizes you're going to be Charlie for life, Murphy may pay YOU a visit.

your'e so funny, i didn't reply to your post directly.. my post just saying  if a man giving too much gift chances are he bribing for her partner love and affection. Why you're so piss#d  with my post, mai roo na krup . btw I'm quite happy with my girlfriend, she doesnt need fancy /expensive stuff to look great after all we all naked in the room..555, im not being CC with her,its her decission   She buy her stuff by her own, i'm proud of her rather than lazy woman who doesn't believe in hard work bragging stuff and to be fork out by  her partner ..chok dee with that.  At least when Murphy come around it doesn't burn so much on my pants.

Edited by NonthaburiBear

14 hours ago, tropo said:
15 hours ago, NonthaburiBear said:

who the éff is Murphy? :unsure:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, NonthaburiBear said:

your'e so funny, i didn't reply to your post directly.. my post just saying  if a man giving too much gift chances are he bribing for her partner love and affection. Why you're so piss#d  with my post, mai roo na krup . btw I'm quite happy with my girlfriend, she doesnt need fancy /expensive stuff to look great after all we all naked in the room..555, im not being CC with her,its her decission   She buy her stuff by her own, i'm proud of her rather than lazy woman who doesn't believe in hard work bragging stuff and to be fork out by  her partner ..chok dee with that.  At least when Murphy come around it doesn't burn so much on my pants.

Sorry Charlie, when you reply directly to my post, you're replying to me. If you want to make general comments, then just post without quoting.

3 hours ago, tropo said:

Sorry Charlie, when you reply directly to my post, you're replying to me. If you want to make general comments, then just post without quoting.

?..  I'm just giving you my 2 cents Charlie..no offense.  You know why i'm telling you that ? remember when we're kids ..our Father/someone who cannot fill his/her promise to us  and as an exchnage giving us many gifts or even money. That what happen if someone give too many gifts, chances are soon or later she will find another guy who can fork her  out more than you . Does James Bond give many gifts to all of his girls ?..i dont think he's a Cheap Charlie too?

2 hours ago, NonthaburiBear said:

?..  I'm just giving you my 2 cents Charlie..no offense.  You know why i'm telling you that ? remember when we're kids ..our Father/someone who cannot fill his/her promise to us  and as an exchnage giving us many gifts or even money. That what happen if someone give too many gifts, chances are soon or later she will find another guy who can fork her  out more than you . Does James Bond give many gifts to all of his girls ?..i dont think he's a Cheap Charlie too?

LOL Charlie, I already made it quite clear what I thought of your 2 cents... but you keep offering more. We must be up to 50 cents already.

• Haha 1

20k. Includes everything including two dentals, but does not include holidays or larger purchases. I do go thru a few bottles of premium booze at home every month. My wife has a job and buys her own kit. She also pays for her holidays until I hit 62. I kick her parents a bit of money or take the family (6) to dinner every so often (4k).

Small, comfy flat 600m from MRT in CBD

Transportation to and from work

Wife, self dinner out 2x monthly. 4k

Durian$

Eat out all the time

Pay for wife's food when together

All electric 5-6 to 10pm MF, 11-12-10SS AC

Water

Laundry 60pcs

I enjoy my job, busy with it, teaching smart kids. When I've had enough I'll go back to retirement and we'll most likely leave Bangkok. The income is great to stave off cash burn, but I can't afford both of us to be retired and traveling before 62-67. Shes 15 years younger, she can work another ten years especially as she gets 3 weeks paid and 2 unpaid a year for our trips.

My wife and I are pretty lazy on weekends. We save up and take long weekends and bigger international trips.

The flat is fine due to our working hours. It's quiet, cool even hear birds in the morning. I'll upgrade in a few years, but with the proximity to MRT, laundry, restaurant, 600m to MRT and walking (1-2km) to four malls, it's perfect for our lives. Oh and only 4km in a straight line via scooter to work for wife who has promised me she will sell the contraption before she's 45.

Edited by Number 6
comments about retirement
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, David Walden said:

So are you the only person in the world with you opinion?

Don't make stupid assumptions in an attempt to justify your own opinions.

Edited by tropo

12 hours ago, tropo said:

Don't make stupid assumptions in an attempt to justify your own opinions.

I'm haven't got a clue what your talking about.  My point is that if you argue about anything that you put on any public forum then you are inviting people to have an opinion.  You seem to think otherwise..."now what were you arguing about?  I thought we were commenting on "The cost of living in Thailand".

I don't care how others go about that, if it's good or bad.  I always thought a "Forum " was a place for public discussion" usually in a friendly way.  Not really a point scoring place.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:08 AM, BritManToo said:

Kids of an old white guy and a young Issan farm girl aren't gonna network with anyone, no matter how much you spend.

I guess mine is a one of a kind, she's either a flight attendant or a movie star