Clean and relatively cheap beach area

Krimse123

Hi. I'm planning on staying in Thailand for the next 9 months.

I want to live near the beach, but I'm having trouble deciding where to stay.

I've been to Phuket before and the beach at Karon and Kata was alright. Only issue is that the cost of living is way too high there. I have around 35-40k baht per month.

Lately I've been thinking about Hua Hin or Krabi, but I've heard the water here is toxic and dangerous due to untreated sewage aswell as a high concentration of poisonous jellyfish in Hua Hin.

What are your thoughts? 22 years old, 35-40k baht per month, not a heavy drinker or whoremonger looking for beach that is cheaper than Kata and at least as clean.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Read the original question. His monthly budget is maximim 40,000 baht. 

Yeah I read the post smart arse Australia has 1000's of miles of pristine coastline where you could live on that sort of budget. Wouldn't be an extravagant life but could be done and the beaches would actually be clean. Also in case you missed it I might have been taking the piss a little. 

Edited by starky
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

I would also include Ban Phe ( Rayong Province)  worth investigating

He wants clean beaches, Ban Phe is about 5 percent cleaner than Pattaya (which is probably the worst in Thailand)

• Like 2

Try Bankrud, sometimes also spelled Bankrut. It belongs to Prachuap Khiri Khan province and it's near Bangsaphan. You can get there by train from Bangkok.

It's a nice fishermen village now with many bungalows. http://www.bankrutinfo.com/

Another beach is Bank Sak, near Phuket, and it belongs to Takua Pa province. It's between Khao Lak and Takua Pa.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g612391-d8513347-Reviews-Bangsak_Beach-Takua_Pa_Phang_Nga_Province.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ulic said:

+1. Have a look at Nha Trang. I loved it. 

Ulic how long ago were you in Nha Trang? Im pondering Vietnam more and more and looking at central VN coastline but have been looking at Da Nang/Hoi An mainly. Could you give me some positives and negatives about Nha Trang from your own experiences?

7 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

Thung Wua Laen beach Chumphon . Beautiful stretch of clean beach. Good for wind surfing and  khoTao, Samui  only a short ferry ride away

Yes, Kho Tao, only hundreds of backpackers and want to be divers.

For 30th baht you could rent a funished house for 15000 baht in Hua Hin or Pran Buri, and rent a car to drive south to where ever you want to swim. for 20th baht the house may have a pool. Then you have

all the shopping and nightlife of Hua BHin and the freedom of going where you want. Just a

Suggestion.

The beaches where the French divers hang out in Phuket is good. But of the of the top ten beaches in the world the small island near Kao Tao was included and Nai Harn is rated and Koh liffy/lippy island. Ignore the naysayers. Embittered parochial  Aussies. Koh Chang might be a possibility 

Edited by The manic